Song for our new era.

GB SPORTS

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

It is from a computer game? It's not like its the actual Soviets.....and words are the SBW words.

Yeah - try explaining that to the gammons as they literally explode with rage when they get told. Actually, it could work well - we could cleanse the nation of all the woke haters in one clean swoop - it would be a bit like the end of Kingsmen with heads popping all over the place.

I can Remember Robert Lindsay being interviewed about 10 years ago saying its was time to replace SBW.

There will no doubt always be a fondness for it, but the mockney Chas 'n Dave style just slightly sours it... fantastic if we were from North London.

Its a shame Derbyshire doesn't have its own 'Wurzels' type band whose hits we could adopt (I'm not aware of one?), singing in our own accents!

24 minutes ago, Skin em Ted said:

I can Remember Robert Lindsay being interviewed about 10 years ago saying its was time to replace SBW.

There will no doubt always be a fondness for it, but the mockney Chas 'n Dave style just slightly sours it... fantastic if we were from North London.

Its a shame Derbyshire doesn't have its own 'Wurzels' type band whose hits we could adopt (I'm not aware of one?), singing in our own accents!

I've said in on here before but I met him at a party, would have been about ten years ago as well. Got talking and told him I was a Derby fan, when I said about SBW his response was "God, they're not still playing that are they?"

2 hours ago, CodnorRam said:

What successful bands have come from Derby? 

Anti Pasti - No Government? Or White Town - Your Woman? Cliff Richard thought of his stage name before playing in Ripley - actually something like The Young Ones would exactly fit the sort of logic I said earlier, random but fun.

37 minutes ago, LERam said:

I like SBW, it's original

It's written for us

I'm also nearing 40 now and don't like change of any sort, and everything I'm into seems to go back to the 90' early 00's, everything since then is rubbish ?

From my perspective not one decent song recorded since 1977

56 minutes ago, Skin em Ted said:

Summat by Dr and the meducks, yer mean?  

Or Musical yoof?

If Appleby had bought the club something by The Strokes obviously.

I still like F*** the EFL but that’s for during the game.

SBW is good but not enough uuumph to it.

Like Whole lotta Rosie AC/DC with Liam as manager.

Remember Torquay Utd running out to The Hustle by Van McCoy . Let’s face it nothing can be as cringeworthy as the Notts Forest debacle.

This thread makes a pleasant change from amortisation and TUPE regs, well done @I DONT MIND

Edited by hintonsboots