Song for our new era.

GB SPORTS

I’d love for the club at some point to make some asthetical changes to the stadium in time to really mark a new era. Some random ideas. 

- always thought it would look great if they swapped the seat colours round. Ie go with mainly white with black seats for wording.

- rename the south stand after one of the 4 legends, mackay, clough, cox or smith.

- do something with the back of the north, east and south stands as they’re starting to look a bit grubby. Something like similar to Leicester with former greats montaged around the ground. Maybe one stand could mark each of our most famous years Ie 1946, 1972 and 1975. 

My head is in the clouds still as you can tell. 

26 minutes ago, Ramos said:

I’d love for the club at some point to make some asthetical changes to the stadium in time to really mark a new era. Some random ideas. 

- always thought it would look great if they swapped the seat colours round. Ie go with mainly white with black seats for wording.

- rename the south stand after one of the 4 legends, mackay, clough, cox or smith.

- do something with the back of the north, east and south stands as they’re starting to look a bit grubby. Something like similar to Leicester with former greats montaged around the ground. Maybe one stand could mark each of our most famous years Ie 1946, 1972 and 1975. 

Think it would be easy to make links with the fans and ride the euphoria...?

say we need volunteers to scrub the seats, need to crowd fund to raise money for new permanent flags, have a music festival to raise money to help fund better permanent fixtures for match day.

Market towns have stalls on one day a week that pop up and disappear on the same day. Why can't we have real ale stalls, artisan 'fast food', local bands playing before/after the game? Decent bus travel so you can stick around for a pint after, watch a band and grab a bus into town for a couple of quid instead of flooding straight away. Away fans will want to stick around...its a big day for them..be really nice to actually have a fresh look at match day being a fun day out rather than a repeated hurried stomp there and back.

21 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Think it would be easy to make links with the fans and ride the euphoria...?

say we need volunteers to scrub the seats, need to crowd fund to raise money for new permanent flags, have a music festival to raise money to help fund better permanent fixtures for match day.

Market towns have stalls on one day a week that pop up and disappear on the same day. Why can't we have real ale stalls, artisan 'fast food', local bands playing before/after the game? Decent bus travel so you can stick around for a pint after, watch a band and grab a bus into town for a couple of quid instead of flooding straight away. Away fans will want to stick around...its a big day for them..be really nice to actually have a fresh look at match day being a fun day out rather than a repeated hurried stomp there and back.

I think bustler Tom mentioned wanting to some of these kinds of things around the ground or on the way (under the bridge near the river). But I agree the experience needs to be modernised! 

1 hour ago, Ramos said:

Agree of renaming stands and montages of great players or teams 

If you had to re-name all four stands, who would you go with? 

Clough

MacFarland.                      Mackay

Taylor

With Clough in the West Stand and the rest arranged accordingly? 

13 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Very old people will know the tune........

Steve Gibson said to Rick Parry

I'll sue if you don't destroy Derby

The Rams said no, I don't think so,

We are the South Stand, Derby.

Bertie Mee said to Bill Shankly

Have you heard of the North Bank ….Highbury

Shanks said no, I don’t think so

but I’ve heard of the popside….Derby.

Blooming heck…………….just how old are ya!

1 hour ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

Bertie Mee said to Bill Shankly

Have you heard of the North Bank ….Highbury