2022/2023 Fixtures release

Carl Sagan

4 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Selected drinks, beer wine cider etc plus selected spirits. Breakfast lunch and evening meal. Evening entertainment + kids club, swimming pool jacuzzi and sauna and unfortunately bingo. Claremont hotel run by Choice hotels, seafront north shore, tram stop outside front door to Fleetwood. Sea view room for two Friday night and Saturday night £338, but all your food and drinks are covered.£298 non sea view.

That's not much more than a premier Inn, with nothing included. 

12 minutes ago, Joe said:

expect December games v Portsmouth, Burton and Sheff Weds to move for sky live games as there are no championship games from 12th November until Boxing day.

Championship only pauses during World Cup group stage so resumes on December 10th.
The Premier League is paused for the entire tournament.

5 minutes ago, Rev said:

That's not much more than a premier Inn, with nothing included. 

Don’t tell everyone though ?. Like a lot of the seaside hotels the building is quite old, the floorboards creak and some of the windows don’t open but it’s clean and the food and service is really good. We like many others have been going there for years.

57 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Selected drinks, beer wine cider etc plus selected spirits. Breakfast lunch and evening meal. Evening entertainment + kids club, swimming pool jacuzzi and sauna and unfortunately bingo. Claremont hotel run by Choice hotels, seafront north shore, tram stop outside front door to Fleetwood. Sea view room for two Friday night and Saturday night £338, but all your food and drinks are covered.£298 non sea view.

You might want to call in here when you visit Fleetwood, 1/2 a mile from the ground, Syd Littles boozer or was I visited this pub some 4 years ago when in Blackpool, Big place and good food...it was close season for football when I went and Syd wasn't there...gone shopping by all accounts ?

I'd have gone for the £298 non sea view as I sleep with my eyes closed ?

https://www.visitfleetwood.info/community/fleetwood-me/syd-littles-50th/

Edited by Unlucky Alf

3 hours ago, td_evans said:

Damn(1):  Will miss Plymouth at home, as I'll be heading away.  I wanted to see our revenge for "That" cup replay!  ?

Damn(2):  Will miss Morecambe away, as I'll be away.  I so wanted to compare their stadium with ours!  ?

Damn(3):  Will miss Lincoln away, as I'll still be away.  Still, it's midweek, and I don't do away games anyway!  ?

Damn(4):  Will miss Wycombe at home, as I'll be travelling back.  I so wanted to boo Ray Moonpig, or whatever his name is.  Are you allowed to boo on your own, on Eurotunnel?  Will I be pointed and laughed at?  

Damn(5):  I'll miss Forest at home.  No really, I will!  ?  

17 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

14th March 1984 FA Cup 1/4 final replay disaster.  Followed by Steve Cherry who made the mistake for their goal that night coming back as their player and acting like an idiot to the Derby crowd as we put 4 past him to win the old Division 1 in 1987

17 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Damn(1):  Will miss Plymouth at home, as I'll be heading away.  I wanted to see our revenge for "That" cup replay!  ?

Damn(2):  Will miss Morecambe away, as I'll be away.  I so wanted to compare their stadium with ours!  ?

Damn(3):  Will miss Lincoln away, as I'll still be away.  Still, it's midweek, and I don't do away games anyway!  ?

Damn(4):  Will miss Wycombe at home, as I'll be travelling back.  I so wanted to boo Ray Moonpig, or whatever his name is.  Are you allowed to boo on your own, on Eurotunnel?  Will I be pointed and laughed at?  

Damn(5):  I'll miss Forest at home.  No really, I will!  ?  

Living down yer in Brizzle, I 've got four new local-ish away matches to go to:

14th Jan - Cheltenham - who knew they played at the Jonny Rocks Stadium?

7th April - Forest Green Rovers - who knew their New Lawns Stadium was on Another Street? ?

15th April - The Gas - (that's Bristol Rovers for those not ITK).  At least Mr Popdopopolus won't be there!

18th April - Exeter - The return of MA to St James Park?

A shame 3 of these fixtures are crammed into the space of 12 days.

COYR!

5 minutes ago, Ram Logan Josh said:

7th April - Forest Green Rovers - who knew their New Lawns Stadium was on Another Street? ?

15th April - The Gas - (that's Bristol Rovers for those not ITK).  At least Mr Popdopopolus won't be there!

COYR!

Yes these are the ones I went to first as a fellow Bristolian.

Seems an odd coincidence that all the West Country away fixtures are next year.

I hope by then the team will be well established and winning ?

13 minutes ago, Ram Logan Josh said:

COYR!

Exeter = St James Park

Newcastle = St James' Park

*Brrr!  Chilly today!  Where's my coat!     ?

50 minutes ago, alram said:

there is really not much to look forward too in terms of games is there

sheffield w away on the final day could be tasty though, they will want revenge for when we relegated them

Not like you not to see the bright side - just excited that we have made it onto the fixtures list and if we still have a club and can play those games even better

46 minutes ago, alram said:

there is really not much to look forward too in terms of games is there

sheffield w away on the final day could be tasty though, they will want revenge for when we relegated them

On the contrary, I'm looking forward to the new season and can probably make all the away games I'd pencilled in (except Shrewsbury). Even Barnsley is a Saturday game for once (at the moment). Obviously we don't want to stay down in League 1 too long and I'm sure we'll suffer a number of unexpected defeats but, it makes a change from the usual Championship teams we face every year.

I doubt Sheffield Wednesday will really be out for revenge. Not sure footballers are really like that and how many will be in each team that played that day? Not a lot I suspect. Besides, who cares, we'll be too busy celebrating winning the league ?