2022/2023 Fixtures release

Carl Sagan

The fixtures for next season are due to be released at 9am tomorrow: https://www.efl.com/news/2022/june/efl-fixtures-out-this-week/

Do we think we'll be included? My expectation is there will be two lists, one with us and one without, with the corollary of another looming deadline by when we'll need to demonstrate the ability to fund the club fully for next season to be able to fulfil said fixtures. It's all going right down to the wire. 

12 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

The fixtures for next season are due to be released at 9am tomorrow: https://www.efl.com/news/2022/june/efl-fixtures-out-this-week/

Do we think we'll be included? My expectation is there will be two lists, one with us and one without, with the corollary of another looming deadline by when we'll need to demonstrate the ability to fund the club fully for next season to be able to fulfil said fixtures. It's all going right down to the wire. 

I think the EFL would be daft to print the "contingency fixtures" - it would raise the hopes (and lobbying efforts) of those clubs that would benefit, in the short term, by our demise.

Mind, we are taking about the EFL so who knows what they'll do ?‍♂️

17 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

I think the EFL would be daft to print the "contingency fixtures" - it would raise the hopes (and lobbying efforts) of those clubs that would benefit, in the short term, by our demise.

Mind, we are taking about the EFL so who knows what they'll do ?‍♂️

They did it last year . And left it very late the night before saying what they were up to.

There won't be two lists. If for any reason we aren't able to play our games then L1 will have 23 clubs and whoever is scheduled to play us in that particular round of matches will have a free weekend/midweek. 

An alternative fixture list would require another team who we might supposedly switch with (Derby/Wycombe being interchangeable last time). The logistics of moving multiple teams around divisions make it a non-starter.

Ipswich at home is my random guess fwiw.

Edited by Rampant