Papa Johns Trophy/Carabao Cup Draw/The Nigel Clough Derby

ThePrisoner

4 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

Wow getting relegated to the third tier has really hit home. We're going to be playing in the Papa John's Trophy next season.

I took my grandsons along to the games against Salford and Real Betis at the start of last season . To my surprise there were only about 5,000 fans at each game , and that was after the euphoria of staying up. So much for our MASSIVE fan base. IF these games get played it would be a good idea to get behind our team.

30 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

I took my grandsons along to the games against Salford and Real Betis at the start of last season . To my surprise there were only about 5,000 fans at each game , and that was after the euphoria of staying up. So much for our MASSIVE fan base. IF these games get played it would be a good idea to get behind our team.

Not sure there was really a feeling of euphoria after staying up that season. Initially yes but overall we were a shambles. It was a bad season behind closed doors that should just be forgotten about.

Not surprised there was only a few thousand for the Salford game, we never get much for cup games against lower league opposition. That being said, you would have hoped for a better turnout.

As the season continued though, the attendances did increase to similar levels that you would expect. The top attended championship games across the board involved Derby county. The fans were incredible throughout the turmoil.

This coming season you would hope that we will get behind the team in the same way. I think once this gets sorted people will be happy that we have a club to support free of all the chaos. 

2 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

The ticket office wasn't open and buying online is alien to some fans still. If we get to play the cup games, it will of course be interesting to see how many turn up. 

16 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Not interested in this in the slightest..

will view it as i do the league cup an unwelcome distraction and chance to get injuries from the real season objective.

providing we’re about to have a season objective

mother complain GIF

40 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

come on mate it is what it is , lets embrace this coming season and hopefully fingers crossed we will witness the rebirth of the Rams

It's hard to embrace our first team potentially playing Leeds United's U23s in a competitive match. It's embarassing and a sad indictment of how far this football club has fallen. Shame on Mel Morris.

5 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

It's hard to embrace our first team potentially playing Leeds United's U23s in a competitive match. It's embarassing and a sad indictment of how far this football club has fallen. Shame on Mel Morris.

What makes you think we'll pick our first team? Why wouldn't we blood a few youngsters?