Krystian Bielik - Joined Birmingham on a 3 year deal

DCFC1388

27 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Yes, i realised later. I forgot that he moved to Leeds with Clough. I don't think he won a league title there did he? So there you go then. Those detractors were right. He was rubbish because he only won two league titles! 😉

He was one of those under rated players that most top sides seem to have 

He joined the dirties after they won the league in 1974 he only played 4 league games for them the following season I assume they were all before Cloughy got sacked 

I'm not sure we can trust any figures coming out in the news regarding how much money Birmingham got for Bellingham. They'll want to keep the amount reported as low as possible so they can get their own potential targets for a cheaper price. Making other clubs think you only have 6m rather than 11m gives you leverage in transfer negotiations.

Didn't Birmingham seriously overspend under FFP.  Two years ago it was about a 30 million loss -sure I read that somewhere.  Surely this money will just reduce the amount of loss under FFP in the cycle and they won't be able to spend.  That means they'll be looking for Bielik on a free and he'll be the new Seth Johnson as we pay 25% of his wages to get shot of him.  Let's hope there is another interested party.  I can see a move for a nominal amount to a Sunderland or Ipswich type of club just to shift his wages in full.

10 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Didn't Birmingham seriously overspend under FFP.  Two years ago it was about a 30 million loss -sure I read that somewhere.  Surely this money will just reduce the amount of loss under FFP in the cycle and they won't be able to spend.  That means they'll be looking for Bielik on a free and he'll be the new Seth Johnson as we pay 25% of his wages to get shot of him.  Let's hope there is another interested party.  I can see a move for a nominal amount to a Sunderland or Ipswich type of club just to shift his wages in full.

We're now moving into the 2024 3 year cycle (21/22, 22/23, 23/24)

21/22 - £24.8m loss
22/23 - Fairly similar to 21/22. Slight reduction in wage bill, slightly less profit on sales. Let's keep it simple and say a £24.8m loss
23/24 - Approx £10m from Jobe and Jude Bellingham transfers. Reduction in wage bill. Probably looking at a £10m loss.

It's safe to assume they were within allowable limits in the previous periods. They're about £3m behind where they were in the previous 2023 cycle, which means they won't have much wiggle room for this season.

What is Bielik's value currently for FFP purposes??...think he signed a 4 year contract and cost £8m..therefore depreciating by £2m per year leaves his value on the accounts at £2m..so if we sell for anything less, that would represent a loss on our accounts which counts towards our FFP. It would also represent really bad business..but then we are used to that!

16 minutes ago, valakari said:

What is Bielik's value currently for FFP purposes??...think he signed a 4 year contract and cost £8m..therefore depreciating by £2m per year leaves his value on the accounts at £2m..so if we sell for anything less, that would represent a loss on our accounts which counts towards our FFP. It would also represent really bad business..but then we are used to that!

5 year contract I think..  l could be wrong.

4 hours ago, valakari said:

A free transfer would create a £2m loss, but save £2m depreciation ( last year of his contract, his ‘value’ disappears either way)

Any return is better than nothing, plus saves wages.

The “bad business” part was done years ago.

2 hours ago, U.M. said:

A free transfer would create a £2m loss, but save £2m depreciation ( last year of his contract, his ‘value’ disappears either way)

Any return is better than nothing, plus saves wages.

The “bad business” part was done years ago.

If he’d stayed for for the 2 years we were in the championship I’d bet the house on us making a big profit on him. He was a monster! 

An interesting article(s) regarding the transfer fee that differs from the [undisclosed] £8m we considered it to be. Not so says The Telegraph and this website, it's higher. Performance-related clauses could add another £2m. Playing in the World Cup in Qatar was probably one of those triggers. I think he made his international debut while with us and is now nearing 100 appearances. Knowing how bad we are at these things, there is probably a sell-on clause that Arsenal also get.

https://paininthearsenal.com/2021/10/04/arsenal-owed-8m-midfielder-sold-2019/#:~:text=Arsenal still owed £8m from Derby County for midfielder,full fee has been paid

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/10/01/arsenal-owed-8m-derby-krystian-bielik-club-step-search-new-owner/

https://metro.co.uk/2021/10/02/derby-county-owe-arsenal-8million-for-transfer-flop-signed-by-arsene-wenger-15352953/

1 hour ago, Macintosh said:

An interesting article(s) regarding the transfer fee that differs from the [undisclosed] £8m we considered it to be. Not so says The Telegraph and this website, it's higher. Performance-related clauses could add another £2m. Playing in the World Cup in Qatar was probably one of those triggers. I think he made his international debut while with us and is now nearing 100 appearances. Knowing how bad we are at these things, there is probably a sell-on clause that Arsenal also get.

https://paininthearsenal.com/2021/10/04/arsenal-owed-8m-midfielder-sold-2019/#:~:text=Arsenal still owed £8m from Derby County for midfielder,full fee has been paid

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/10/01/arsenal-owed-8m-derby-krystian-bielik-club-step-search-new-owner/

https://metro.co.uk/2021/10/02/derby-county-owe-arsenal-8million-for-transfer-flop-signed-by-arsene-wenger-15352953/

It's been common knowledge that it was £8m rising to £10m upon promotion to the PL.

I'm not reading through those linked articles, but it states £8m owed to Arsenal. I'm assuming that is in relation to when we went in to admin, and still Ower Arsenal the remaining balance.

At the start of admin, we 'owed' just under £8.4m for Bielik, Jozwiak and any other player with clauses. This figure will have included all potential add-ons such as appearances, goals, or promotion.

Knock off £2m for Jozwiak and £2m for Bielik related clauses (promotion), and it would have been £4.4m guaranteed left to pay for Bielik.

When we entered admin, we had completed 2 seasons out of the 5 Bielik was contracted for. If the rumoured £8m fee evenly spread over 5 years would have meant a £4.8m balance remaining. Not too far off my finger in the air calculations.

The payment structure for Bielik could have been non-linear, but we also could have had add-ons such as a Lawrence promotion bonus. It's much more likely that the real figure we owed Arsenal at the time of administration was £4m or less.

11 hours ago, valakari said:

Pearce has him in the books at £7.99M. He might increase that valuation after his stunning appearances in the Championship and World Cup last season.

Has he not f**ked off yet?

Bored of seeing his name now. Spent most of the time on our physio table whilst we paid his wage. He's got zero interest in playing for the club when in reality, we need him most, and he has the cheek to say he wants to move to the championship to play a higher standard of football (for sod all in comparison to what we paid for him) when we also wanted to play at a higher standard... but again, due to him being glued to the physio table, we didn't get what we wanted out of him... it happens like that sometimes. But to not want to help a club out that has done all the above for you, you can pack your bags and f*** off as far as I'm concerned you selfish bag of spuds.

Rant over. 

🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂

Edited by SK47

15 minutes ago, SK47 said:

Has he not f**ked off yet?

Bored of seeing his name now. Spent most of the time on our physio table whilst we paid his wage. He's got zero interest in playing for the club when in reality, we need him most, and he has the cheek to say he wants to move to the championship to play a higher standard of football (for sod all in comparison to what we paid for him) when we also wanted to play at a higher standard... but again, due to him being glued to the physio table, we didn't get what we wanted out of him... it happens like that sometimes. But to not want to help a club out that has done all the above for you, you can pack your bags and f*** off as far as I'm concerned you selfish bag of spuds.

Rant over. 

🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂

To be fair, I doubt he wanted to get injured and it's normal for players to still be paid whilst injured (don't clubs take out insurance? although I guess we probably defaulted on the premiums).

Has he actually said he doesn't want to play for Derby again or just that he wants to play at a higher level than league one (shock revelation) Did he have any say in his move to Birmingham or was it engineered by the club to cover (in part at least) his wages and put him in a shop window more likely to attract bidders?

Does he have any control over how much we sell him for?

He would be an asset to the club but, whilst I doubt he'll ever pull a Derby shirt on again I really don't get all this hatred towards him. It would be nice to sell him and pick up a nice little fee but it's hardly his fault a deal hasn't been struck yet. You might argue why doesn't he just come back then but, for all we know, he may have been told one way or another that his future no longer lies at the club.

If we want to keep him..he costs £20k per week..basically £1m for the season...if we dont want to keep him, we need to sell him for as much as possible..not just to Birmingham because John Eustace likes him!

Lets face it, he is an International footballer and shouldn't be playing in League One!..as much as i would like him to stay.

38 minutes ago, valakari said:

If we want to keep him..he costs £20k per week..basically £1m for the season...if we dont want to keep him, we need to sell him for as much as possible..not just to Birmingham because John Eustace likes him!

Lets face it, he is an International footballer and shouldn't be playing in League One!..as much as i would like him to stay.

Just don’t know what we are going to get realistically. Everyone knows he doesn’t want to be here and we can’t afford him either. Equally, with glass knees and 1 year left he’s not going to be worth a lot. Best we can hope for is a small bidding war but realistically he will go for peanuts or back on loan before going on a free.