Krystian Bielik - Joined Birmingham on a 3 year deal

DCFC1388

Met the man himself today,picking up his new Bentley Bentayga W12 from derby....had a good chat with him about derby and Birmingham.

He said he's happy to come back to derby after the world cup if derby want him although Brum are doing their best to hang onto him.

Says he's a fan of our new style of play and reckons we will do better under a more experienced manager and coaching staff.

What a lovely guy by the way,just loves football (and cars!)

PXL_20221019_095346410.jpg

PXL_20221019_094612833.jpg

1 minute ago, roboto said:

Exactly the type of player we need if we are playing a 3 man midfield with one holding midfielder. If we can recall in January and he can stay fit then he will be a huge asset to the team.

I think he is more likely to play CB for the rest of the season as that is where we have most issues. 

1 hour ago, Needlesh said:

That'd be like buying that Bentley and using it to tow a trailer to the tip.

Midfield with him and Knight in it would be cheating at L1 level.

Would replacing Bird with Bielik at DCM be a bigger improvement than replacing Chester or Davies at CB?

As an aside he played at CB for Charlton in L1 and was signed for £10m

6 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Met the man himself today,picking up his new Bentley Bentayga W12 from derby....had a good chat with him about derby and Birmingham.

He said he's happy to come back to derby after the world cup if derby want him although Brum are doing their best to hang onto him.

Says he's a fan of our new style of play and reckons we will do better under a more experienced manager and coaching staff.

Not a dig at the guy but more football in general

But it's mental that a player that's yet to really break through massively (albeit an international), are already made in terms of finances. 

Its today's game I suppose but players have it good these days even if their career takes a sideway step

7 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

You say he loves cars, yet he's bought that monstrosity from you!

2 hours ago, sage said:

Would replacing Bird with Bielik at DCM be a bigger improvement than replacing Chester or Davies at CB?

As an aside he played at CB for Charlton in L1 and was signed for £10m

It's a fair question, and a fair point. I can't get past the idea of using Bielik in that deep role, breaking things up and getting us moving. I reckon the defense would look massively more stable with him in there....but either way, it'd be lovely to get him back for 5 months.

Edited by Needlesh

17 hours ago, sage said:

I think he is more likely to play CB for the rest of the season as that is where we have most issues. 

I suspect he has no desire to play CB. He has said it a few times in the past, and is obviously enjoying his midfield role at Brum. Good to see him getting a good run of games though. I still think we might have seen him play his last game for the Rams.

I would love to get him back in January for the rest of the season but, if he gets to play in the World Cup, does well and stays fit, it's hard to imagine that someone won't come in with an offer for him that it would make no sense to refuse. That won't be Birmingham City though. 

36 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I suspect he has no desire to play CB. He has said it a few times in the past, and is obviously enjoying his midfield role at Brum. Good to see him getting a good run of games though. I still think we might have seen him play his last game for the Rams.

It depends on if we get a CB in Jan. 

Our defence is only going to get worse through the season unless we introduce some more pace. 

5 hours ago, sage said:

It depends on if we get a CB in Jan. 

Our defence is only going to get worse through the season unless we introduce some more pace. 

Second fewest goals conceded in the league. Cashin, Chester and Davies have been excellent as a trio too. I do think we could do with depth, but really don't think we're desperate for a CB. 

3 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Second fewest goals conceded in the league. Cashin, Chester and Davies have been excellent as a trio too. I do think we could do with depth, but really don't think we're desperate for a CB. 

The situation has changed with the new formation. We need more pace now. We have given 4 penalties away in the last 2 games against two very ordinary teams.