Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Actually, in reality, I don’t think there was a real protest from our fans. 

Most, including myself, concluded we actually got off pretty lightly.

There certainly wasn’t the waves of protests like another midlands team who got docked points for being creative with the rules. 

It’s not quite the same though is it. I can be fairly confident that we wouldn’t have marched if it had just been a 4pt total deduction.

but ‘they docked us 4pts, but we don’t give a f***’, doesn’t have quite the same ring to it. 

Edited by TigerTedd

18 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Hold on, reading this thread after working all day, I thought they were safe. They’re only 3 pts ahead of Luton. They could still go down. We’re just looking for a 12 goal swing. I’m putting my money on it right now.  

I find it hard to believe that things could go wrong for Forest on the final day of the season due to a ridiculous goal difference swing. That would never happen would it. 

50 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Actually, in reality, I don’t think there was a real protest from our fans. 

Most, including myself, concluded we actually got off pretty lightly.

There certainly wasn’t the waves of protests like another midlands team who got docked points for being creative with the rules. 

I know even you don’t believe that

they are lucky b*******, officially the lowest tally to stay up even if they win

not good as they are slowly stabilising as a prem club & once you get in that cycle it takes a lot of incompetence to get out of it

7 hours ago, Chellaston Ram said:

Looking at the teams above them, I can’t see them finishing any higher next season so next season will be their real test, none of the promoted teams could be any worse than current load of crap . I think even our 11 point team could have got more points 

With VAR and 20 international comfort breaks, I'm certain we'd have got more.  Apart from the last quarter of the season were a team of 20 stone blokes with a hangover and belly full of Madras would have beat us.  

10 hours ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

I find it hard to believe that things could go wrong for Forest on the final day of the season due to a ridiculous goal difference swing. That would never happen would it. 

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

Last time was -6

This 5time its -12

Surely not.. 

12 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

It’s almost as if coming up, spending some money, and actually having a reasonable go at it was worthwhile.. 

Having a reasonable go at it? 

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I think there is a joke thread in the Jim Smith Room if you've got any more crackers like this one

7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Having a reasonable go at it? 

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I think there is a joke thread in the Jim Smith Room if you've got any more crackers like this one

As opposed to going up and recording the worst record in Premier League history

This forum is the right place for that, isn't it?

2 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

As opposed to going up and recording the worst record in Premier League history

This forum is the right place for that, isn't it?

Having spent £5m...

...as opposed to having spent £250,000,000 (two hundred and fifty million pounds) and finish 17th with a record lowest points to avoid relegation.

8 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Having spent £5m...

...as opposed to having spent £250,000,000 (two hundred and fifty million pounds) and finish 17th with a record lowest points to avoid relegation.

I like the banter with @Red_Dawn, but it would be nice if he could admit that for the money they've spent they really should be doing much much better. We are rightly remembered as the worst team in Premier League history however the record books will not show relative spend of clubs and expectations of fans. I think we all knew that we would struggle. Forest fans were expecting a serious push for Europe.

Not even Forest will blow a 12 goal swing on the last game of the season. They’re safe. 

Saw some Plank on Twitter ranting against the world also say f*** Derby it hurts them us being in the big time. Sure we’d like to be  there but it would only hurt us if they were actually any good!! Their achievements:

Finished 16th and 17th (so getting worse)

Cheated FFP deducted points (got off very lightly) - that annoys me given how harshly we were treated im not going to lie. 

Whinged about decisions and corruption every week causing most neutrals to despise them 

Undermine officials during a match with owner going on the pitch

Appointed a ref consultant to undermine the refereeing governing body 

Put out numerous embarrassing statements from club Twitter account - the mafia type statement and who can forget “Playtime”

Alienated fan base with extortionate price rises and proposing to put a stadium in Toton!! They may as well change their name to Derby Forest if they do that!! 🤣

All while spending £250m and wage bill of £150m, up to the limits on FFP which means they’ll have to sell players!!  Let’s face it considering the investment they’ve had - they’ve been dog s*** and genuine comedy value for the majority of football fans.

Theyre following Leeds’ trajectory at the moment which means problems next season. I’m thinking back in championship next couple of seasons!!

3 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Not even Forest will blow a 12 goal swing on the last game of the season. They’re safe. 

Saw some Plank on Twitter ranting against the world also say f*** Derby it hurts them us being in the big time. Sure we’d like to be  there but it would only hurt us if they were actually any good!! Their achievements:

Finished 16th and 17th (so getting worse)

Cheated FFP deducted points (got off very lightly) - that annoys me given how harshly we were treated im not going to lie. 

Whinged about decisions and corruption every week causing most neutrals to despise them 

Undermine officials during a match with owner going on the pitch

Appointed a ref consultant to undermine the refereeing governing body 

Put out numerous embarrassing statements from club Twitter account - the mafia type statement and who can forget “Playtime”

Alienated fan base with extortionate price rises and proposing to put a stadium in Toton!! They may as well change their name to Derby Forest if they do that!! 🤣

All while spending £250m and wage bill of £150m, up to the limits on FFP which means they’ll have to sell players!!  Let’s face it considering the investment they’ve had - they’ve been dog s*** and genuine comedy value for the majority of football fans.

Theyre following Leeds’ trajectory at the moment which means problems next season. I’m thinking back in championship next couple of seasons!!

You forgot to mention that the money is tainted and where it allegedly comes from. Those red dogs don’t seem to mind that it could be blood money that’s supporting them. 

The 3 relegated teams have the lowest combined points total than in any other season.  That shows how bad the 3 promoted teams were, and Burnley reached over 100 points in the Championship.

The thing is, Forest are cut adrift from 5th bottom, even without a points deduction.  That really is poor for the amount of cash they’ve thrown at it, especially compared to other clubs.  With the FFP limits, you can’t see it changing next season.

1 hour ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

You forgot to mention that the money is tainted and where it allegedly comes from. Those red dogs don’t seem to mind that it could be blood money that’s supporting them. 

And according to that “i” article he’s still under investigation for that!!. 

A couple of Toton Reds fans I know would take 17th every season, seems a bit of a tragic existence (supporter wise) actively desiring your team lose in the cups at the first available opportunity in order to concentrate on the league, all whilst scraping your way to be 4th in the most Shhh...ockingly bad teams list.

Next season they'll be hoping Ipswich have gone too far too soon, and ironically Leicester get some deductions. They'll be begging Leeds to not win (agree there to be honest), as the other Premier teams have developed (see the points gap to 5th bottom) and unless there is something under the radar none seem so 'basketcasey' and likely to implode at any minute either.

Marinakis may have created a footballing Damocles, exposed to riches and glory, but with relegation and financial armageddon (apparently relegation clauses aren't a thing) hanging above their heads held away by the thinnest MGW shaped strand.

15 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

I think all the three teams are going to need to invest pretty heavily to have a chance

Bout thats the same with every year. I didn’t realise how big the gap actually was. And it’s getting wider

This. The way things have been allowed to develop, there seems no alternative to spending heavily to even up the playing field to stand a chance of surviving. An amount that may not be sustainable if it doesn't work, even with parachute payments, if you drop into an uber-competitive top 8-10 of the championship with a bunch of similar clubs with parachute money eager for another go.

Sure, you might build a really fortunate blend of highly promising players in your promotion season that you can use most in your PL season, but you won't know that until it's either worked or you are already 12 points adrift at Christmas.

I think what sums this up is Sheff Utd. They've made Even Burnley and Luton look adequate. They've been absolute dog**** this season but who'd be surprised if they were right in the mix again next year in the Championship ?

At least that late Chelsea winner stopped Stavros running on the pitch and damaging the City Council's land. They might have had to shove the rent up even higher if that had happened.