King Kevin Hector

Carnero

1 hour ago, IslandExile said:

Wish I could be there. Anyone who goes, please post a report on what he has to say. Thanks.

Heineken® Silver is more than just a 4% lager. It is an extra refreshing, premium lager with a crisp, subtle finish and fruity aroma. It is a fresh attitude towards beer. Believing that being real and authentic is really refreshing in today's world.

11 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Heineken® Silver is more than just a 4% lager. It is an extra refreshing, premium lager with a crisp, subtle finish and fruity aroma. It is a fresh attitude towards beer. Believing that being real and authentic is really refreshing in today's world.

...although in reality it's an alcohol free lager & the Neptune will probably be pulling sparkling water through the pumps.

1 hour ago, therealhantsram said:

So correct me if I am wrong, Hector did not get involved in the recent 50 year anniversary reunion, but is happy to promote some dodgy ale in a local pub.

Must be a good story lurking there.

He’s the King. He can do as he pleases. Long Live The King.

He is a pensioner, he played in an age where even top footballers didn't earn much so he is probably earning a bit to help get by. He wouldn't have been a postman for years if playing football had left him wealthy. Pisses me off that there are players today making millions who are not fit to clean his boots.

6 minutes ago, BobdeBilder said:

He is a pensioner, he played in an age where even top footballers didn't earn much so he is probably earning a bit to help get by. He wouldn't have been a postman for years if playing football had left him wealthy. Pisses me off that there are players today making millions who are not fit to clean his boots.

He had the knife and Steel in Ticknall a good few years back I believe, Altho paid well at the time as a pro footballer, I doubt he'd have millions in his bank account as promoting a fizzy drink shows.

11 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

He had the knife and Steel in Ticknall a good few years back I believe, Altho paid well at the time as a pro footballer, I doubt he'd have millions in his bank account as promoting a fizzy drink shows.

They weren't paid that well. Read an article some time ago stating the players at Derby didn't earn much more than £100 per week in the early 70's.

46 minutes ago, BobdeBilder said:

They weren't paid that well. Read an article some time ago stating the players at Derby didn't earn much more than £100 per week in the early 70's.

The average wage in 1970 was £18.37 rising to £68.92 by 1979, So if Derby players didn't earn much more than £100 per week I'd say they were well paid, Was this including or excluding win bonuses?, Testimonials?, Sponsored cars?.

I saw Phil Gees wage slip as a friend was fixing his car and looked in the glove compartment, £600 a week around 1986-87

As an aside, My 1st wage packet was £6.50 as a 15 year old in 1971 working as a warehouseman for Butlers office equipment.

Phil Gee was 15 years after the period I was talking about and Hector was about retired then so I don't see your point. How many players from the early 70's who didn't stay in football managed to retire? David Nish was a milkman FFS. Charlie George takes people on tours at Arsenal. 

Edited by BobdeBilder

23 minutes ago, BobdeBilder said:

Phil Gee was 15 years after the period I was talking about and Hector was about retired then so I don't see your point. How many players from the early 70's who didn't stay in football managed to retire? David Nish was a milkman FFS. Charlie George takes people on tours at Arsenal. 

There is no point, I just added it as I thought it might be interesting...obviously passed you by.

So an average wage of £18.37 in 1970 compared to £100 a week in the early 70s is not Well Paid ?‍♀️

And John O'hare worked at Prestige on nights for 2 days until he found out what hard work was once retired, Maybe all these poor players of the 70s took on too much debt and had to work like us ordinary mortals.

1 hour ago, Unlucky Alf said:

There is no point, I just added it as I thought it might be interesting...obviously passed you by.

So an average wage of £18.37 in 1970 compared to £100 a week in the early 70s is not Well Paid ?‍♀️

And John O'hare worked at Prestige on nights for 2 days until he found out what hard work was once retired, Maybe all these poor players of the 70s took on too much debt and had to work like us ordinary mortals.

Ok, you're right I'm wrong, f*** it, can't be arsed anymore.