Luke Plange

inter politics

4 hours ago, Magicman said:

He has showed more in his time than Stretton over 3 years. 

Plange - 4 goals  and 2 assists in 1683 minutes (1 goal involvement per 281 mins), 5 goals and 3 assists in 892 minutes for the U23s (1 per 112 mins)

Stretton - 1 goal and 1 assist in 480 minutes (1 per 240 mins), 16 goals in 1765 minutes for the U23s (1 per 110 mins)

On 30/08/2022 at 18:23, Magicman said:

The OP stated Plange had struggled last year i merely highlighted he did well compared to his fellow U23 striker. 

Stretton had a number of niggling injuries last season. By the time he was fit, Plange had replaced him in the squad. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
10 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

According to Nicko (guessing slightly as it's behind his paywall), Palace are looking to offload Plange and Lincoln City are interested. 

Would we get a sell-on? 

It's on loan, I believe, but there's a couple of clubs interested. 

I do wonder how he will get on, even at this level, no doubt he can put a run of games together but still never looked overly convincing at his best. 

We did very well getting the fee we got for him, especially given our circumstances. 

Interesting to see what's happened to him, I didn't even realize he had been loaned out to a Belgian club in their second tier. It doesn't exactly sound like progress when you think a player like Burgess went from Portsmouth to Union St Gilloise (top tier) & has been involved in the Champions League.

I think several vultures hovered over us last season, but I do really wonder if several of the young players who left have made the right decision, admittedly finances also dictated. I could understand Plange exiting last season, maybe to remain in the Champ'ship and continue his progress. 

According to transfermarkt, Ebosele has played the grand total of  17 mins in 3x Serie A appearances.

1 hour ago, REDCAR said:

Plange at Lincoln…. Bonkers!

You have to question the role of agents, who act as advisors to these kids. Plange coming from London was always going to be tempted by a move to Palace, but to then go to Lincoln, no disrespect to them, but his career has gone severely backwards!

Edited by Zag zig

Plange had a purple patch and then was terrible last season. He's then moved on to the second division in Belgium and been equally as poor. 

No doubt he can have a run of 2-3 games, but ultimately he needs to prove he can cut it at this level at least. Big move for him. Another flopped loan spell would be a huge impact on his career. 

• 6 months later...