Luke Plange

inter politics

I hope he does well, and gets more first team starts.  He’s not the type of loan player we need at the moment as Palace would want him to start most games.  We can’t carry too many youngsters in the first team next season as much as it’s nice for the academy.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, GenBr said:

I don't know anything about the Belgian second division, but I have a sneaky suspicion that the English League one is light years ahead in terms of quality. 

Yep, but one of palace’s owners doesn’t own a club in League 1

2 hours ago, tinman said:

Yep, but one of palace’s owners doesn’t own a club in League 1

Yes i can read, but you are missing my point. Left us for Premier League football and now going to be playing in a league that is arguably worse than league one

2 hours ago, GenBr said:

Yes i can read, but you are missing my point. Left us for Premier League football and now going to be playing in a league that is arguably worse than league one

But wasn’t like Malcolm or Festy going for frees or leaving for greener grass like Byrne or Buchanan.

An offer came in, it was a decent offer at the time and was needed to keep us going and we accepted it. There’s an implied criticism in your comment which isn’t justified in this case (now, if Malcolm ends up there then I’d say the same as you)

Edited by LazloW

15 hours ago, LazloW said:

But wasn’t like Malcolm or Festy going for frees or leaving for greener grass like Byrne or Buchanan.

An offer came in, it was a decent offer at the time and was needed to keep us going and we accepted it. There’s an implied criticism in your comment which isn’t justified in this case (now, if Malcolm ends up there then I’d say the same as you)

We had to sell, but he also wanted to leave. Can't blame him for wanting to step up to the Prem, but looks like it isnt going the way he would have hoped

A Premier League club isn't as good as it sounds. He came to us because he wasn't get playing time and now he still wont get any playing time in the prem and might not get it in Belgium either.

20 minutes ago, GenBr said:

We had to sell, but he also wanted to leave. Can't blame him for wanting to step up to the Prem, but looks like it isnt going the way he would have hoped

A Premier League club isn't as good as it sounds. He came to us because he wasn't get playing time and now he still wont get any playing time in the prem and might not get it in Belgium either.

Getting the extra wedge though isn’t he, that’s all some players want.  I can’t blame em, it’s a job after all.

Just now, Magicman said:

Plange made his mark whilst Stretton struggles or is that unclear better change your specs 

Literally nobody but you has mentioned Stretton. What’s he got to do with anything? Did he once cut you up at a junction or something?

14 minutes ago, Srg said:

Literally nobody but you has mentioned Stretton. What’s he got to do with anything? Did he once cut you up at a junction or something?

The OP stated Plange had struggled last year i merely highlighted he did well compared to his fellow U23 striker.