The future of derby county looks bright again

B4ev6is

Don't forget the number of players that a European team can have out on loan reduces to 8 from July. Difficult to be sure on numbers but Chelsea could have upto 27 currently non loan. Arsenal about 10. Men's there will be a huge cull of players in the summer (Atalanta have over 60!). Player available on a free is going to roll down from the pl and championship as players get desperate for work. The name Rooney will bring in quite a few in my opinion and if they re desperate on lowish wages. CK is an unknown in many ways but he does appear to have many monied contacts including himself. Although he won't sponsor the stadium it's not beyond the realms of possibility that he can get some interest from his contacts.

On 18/05/2022 at 01:02, B4ev6is said:

What do you guys think

I think we have a long hard slog ahead before we can even think about making progress. It's the reality of life after too many years of a club being mismanaged on and off the field. This can't be rectified in a short space of time,  even if CK is the genuine article. The club has to operate within financial constraints which will determine that even as a 'big club' we won't have superiority over other clubs in L1. 

3 minutes ago, europia said:

I think we have a long hard slog ahead before we can even think about making progress. It's the reality of life after too many years of a club being mismanaged on and off the field. This can't be rectified in a short space of time,  even if CK is the genuine article. The club has to operate within financial constraints which will determine that even as a 'big club' we won't have superiority over other clubs in L1. 

We will make a big step of progress on tuesday. That is a huge thing. Next we have to sign more players up .. at the moment we have quality (and we will have superiority in having Bird, Knight, Bielik, Byrne and co).  Yes it's a slog but we will get there. 

6 hours ago, I know nuffin said:

Don't forget the number of players that a European team can have out on loan reduces to 8 from July. Difficult to be sure on numbers but Chelsea could have upto 27 currently non loan. Arsenal about 10. Men's there will be a huge cull of players in the summer (Atalanta have over 60!). Player available on a free is going to roll down from the pl and championship as players get desperate for work. The name Rooney will bring in quite a few in my opinion and if they re desperate on lowish wages. CK is an unknown in many ways but he does appear to have many monied contacts including himself. Although he won't sponsor the stadium it's not beyond the realms of possibility that he can get some interest from his contacts.

I don't think the restrictions apply to u23's  or at least academy players, so won't have as big an impact as you think

Once the takeover is done, we have to look forwards and there are reasons to be positive.

The following clubs have all been in Lg1 in the last 10-15 years and are now in the Premier League

Florist

Brentford

Bournemouth

Leeds

Leicester

Southampton

Wolves

Norwich (I know, they`ve just gone back down)

With the right mindset amongst Staff, Players and Fans, we can get up there again very soon.