The future of derby county looks bright again

B4ev6is

AveWell who says that cant be derby one day in the future and besides rooney and kircher seems to be on same wave length even rooney said sometimes you need to take 2 steps backwards to go forwards again.

1 hour ago, David said:

"I think personal he going to bring back glory days that derby had under brain clough is way I think rooney could be new brain clough in the making."

This was the line, not only bring back the glory days that Derby had under Brian Clough, but Rooney could be the new Brian Clough.

With all due respect, I have been on this forum from Day 1 and read all of B4's topics he has ever made, I have a good grasp of what he means and fully aware of his positive outlook and ambitions for this club.

He does not need anyone to spin his comments in an attempt to defend his opinions, he's fully entitled to hold his opinion that Rooney could be the next Brian Clough and we can win the Premier League under him, likewise I am free to call it out as being outrageous.

Which is how I see it.

You can tell you've got married you've gone all bloody miserable ?

10 minutes ago, David said:

Completely different era's, Man City have just signed a player worth more than our club, each year that passes the rich get even richer.

And how do you know that in five years time kirchner might sell us to the government of the USA run by president Donald Trump. It’s not much more than twenty years since Man City were in the same position that we are in now.

Just now, Foreveram said:

And how do you know that in five years time kirchner might sell us to the government of the USA run by president Donald Trump. It’s not much more than twenty years since Man City were in the same position that we are in now.

If Donald Trump buys Derby County, I am finished with this club so wouldn't be able to tell you what it could achieve. 

Arthur Cox had the not-inconsiderable advantage of having more players under contract when he took over (albeit still about half-a-dozen short of what would have been considered normal in those days) and not being forced to operate under the degree of restriction and scrutiny that Rooney and co will have for next season alone. The only transfer window operated between the last Thursday in March and the end of the season. He was thus able to monetise Kevin Wilson's early season form and start to rebuild his squad. Neither were the Maxwells hampered by FFP, even though their initial spending was modest.

What Cox achieved was remarkable in such a short period of time, but it's highly questionable as to whether he'd have been as successful as quickly if he'd taken over with 4 players under contract and an EFL business plan to work to.

2 hours ago, David said:

I think that by saying Rooney can bring back the glory days as seen under Brian Clough is the nuttiest thing I have ever read on this forum.

I can't even begin to explain how outrageous that statement is.

Sorry B4.

Unless you are Mystic Meg after a sex change then you do not know, lol

When Derby sacked Tim Ward and brought in the young wippersnapper unproven most Derby fans i knew were shocked that Brian Clough had the job, and there was little improvement in the first season in charge, derby were still close to the bottom of the second division, and after a few seasons the rest is history, and so Derby could be Wayne's destiny, i for one hope so.

4 minutes ago, SirBrian said:

When Derby sacked Tim Ward and brought in the young wippersnapper unproven most Derby fans i knew were shocked that Brian Clough had the job, and there was little improvement in the first season in charge, derby were still close to the bottom of the second division, and after a few seasons the rest is history, and so Derby could be Wayne's destiny, i for one hope so.

I'm Margot Robbie's next husband, that's who I am ?

23 minutes ago, SirBrian said:

As a 13 year old on the pop side in 1967  it didn't enter my head that Derby would go on to be as successful as they were . It was all rather mind blowing and surreal.Yes times are so very different now and teams going from old 4th division to first in successive seasons,  like Northampton did are but a very distant memory but every now and then something amazing happens. It's highly unlikely Rooney will achieve what BC and DM achieved with Derby but you never know!

5 hours ago, Warwick Ram said:

Steve Gibson did not try to put us out of business. This is all Mel Morris’ fault. His flagrant rule breaking of the financial fair play rules to cover his excessive spending on poor quality players.

He thought he was clever, he thought he was toying with the EFL was fun and he got found out.

Selling the stadium to a company owned by him was dodgy and everyone knew it.

Also, what war have we won? We were deducted 21 points and ultimately got relegated. We have five contracted players and need a massive rebuild.

Winning the war would have been to have been taken over before December 2021, brought in quality players in January and then staying up with time to spare.

Ok, don’t have to ?on his parade….

• 2 weeks later...

Well first thing I want to say thankyou bottom of my heart with out you I know what might have been that would be a nightmare that I did not want. I will back you and rooney and the lads that will were that great derby county shirt with pride and what it stands for and we shall make derby county side great again but in my eyes gaints derby county has started to wake up. I know with rooney at the helm I think good times will be back soon.