Most potential

BatRam

Out of the first team and academy who do you think has the brightest future ahead of them?

Personally think its got to be Knight. Hes a solid player even tho we play him out of position all the time ( The derby way).

International and has the ability to create something/get a goal.

Also believe Cybulski will do well once hes bulked up and  got the first team nerves out the way

Erin Cashin for me, has the stature and presence to lead the team both by example and vocally.

I also believe not only will he be a superb centre half, I feel he also has the potential to be a holding midfielder in time.

Ive not witnessed a young defender like him in a very long time, he settled in very quickly alongside Curtis. Just looks like he belongs! ??

I agree re Erin, he would have been my young player of the year. Also about Knighty, who I think is a brilliant player with a great future and a smashing lad. 

At the awards night after party Erin also demonstrated a strong ability to stand up when his legs were quite clearly telling him to fall over. They nearly won on a couple of occasions ??.

Interesting post ??

I think Knight is one of those players who would do well wherever he goes or plays. He’s got that amazing engine, tenacity and a shot. Malcolm is the most exciting player I have seen come through. Lots of wingers can beat their man with pace, but few can beat them with footwork alone. Then add in that he can cut inside or go outside to the bye line, it’s rare to find one who can do both and makes him unpredictable. On top of that he can cross. He can lift it over the first man and make it dip down with some pace on it. To cap it all he can kill a high ball dead. Going to be a cracking player. Then Cashin .. wow just wow. Looks like he was born to it. Amongst all his skills it’s the calmness that gets me. Doesn’t hurry the pass when under pressure and really can tackle rather than just being a cast iron bollard. Solid as rock and only 20 

Impossible to predict for the academy conveyor belt as churned out so many young players this season and not one as let the team down under the most exstream circumstances, they could have been startled rabbits in front of headlights as they walked on the piitch with 30,000 fans roaring the team on, but they took it in their stride and matured so fast, hopefully they will all make it, and that will be with Derby County next season.

Looking forward to the next generation of academy players coming through, and this season as taught us if they are good enough play them whatever their age, remember Pele won his first world cup at the age of 17, Brian Clough gave Steve Powell his full debut at 16 in the last game of the season against Liverpool in the title season, what pressure!!!

I think this thread, other threads, but mostly their performances on the pitch this season shows just what talented youngsters we currently have at the football club.

It's so important that we retain as many as possible as quickly as possible.

Someone carry Mr Kirchner's bags off the plane so he can read his messages, sign the documents and get things sorted.

Jason Knight.  Puts in a shift midfield or out of position and as his first 6 months showed, played in the right way,  he probably has 10-12 goals in him to go with the engine.  If a bloke with over 100 caps for The Netherlands and 10 years at Barcelona in midfield reckons he's the best midfielder he's coached at 18, I'll go with that.  Not a glamour player, so will probably settle at mid table prem.  With the right players around him could do better.

3 hours ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Erin Cashin for me, has the stature and presence to lead the team both by example and vocally.

I also believe not only will he be a superb centre half, I feel he also has the potential to be a holding midfielder in time.

Ive not witnessed a young defender like him in a very long time, he settled in very quickly alongside Curtis. Just looks like he belongs! ??

Good player, but there are some mighty big shithouses in League 1 and he isn't tall.  He'd do better at a higher level.  Probably an expensive player in the future. Not sure about the midfield holding role, if he had a bit more pace maybe.  Paul Mcgrath did it with bad knees but he could seriously read the game.

27 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Good player, but there are some mighty big shithouses in League 1 and he isn't tall.  He'd do better at a higher level.  Probably an expensive player in the future. Not sure about the midfield holding role, if he had a bit more pace maybe.  Paul Mcgrath did it with bad knees but he could seriously read the game.

Now Paul McGrath, what a player! If EC is half the play PMcG well good times ????

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Jason Knight.  Puts in a shift midfield or out of position and as his first 6 months showed, played in the right way,  he probably has 10-12 goals in him to go with the engine.  If a bloke with over 100 caps for The Netherlands and 10 years at Barcelona in midfield reckons he's the best midfielder he's coached at 18, I'll go with that.  Not a glamour player, so will probably settle at mid table prem.  With the right players around him could do better.

Indeed, but I'm actually a bit concerned that us reducing him to a versatile workhorse is impacting on his future prospects at this point. Only getting 2 goals and 3 assists from him this season is a worry.

I'd hate for him to go the way of Jeff Hendrick, who's possibly had the most boring PL career you could ever imagine, little more than a dogsbody, 12 goals and 6 assists in 6 years (147 appearances, 90% of them totally anonymous)

Edited by Coconut's Beard

Completely forgot about Cashin. Hes been one of my favourite players since hes come in. Excellent heading ,tackling, passing and positioning.  He's short for a cb but i dont think iv seen anyone beat him and mitrovic couldnt get passed him and davies ?

Sibley is an odd one. Hes got goals and good work rate. but hes a walking yellow/red card. i think we havent seen him a deal cause we couldnt afford to be a man down all the time ?  i think hes gonna have a great career. hope he doesnt waste it.

Ebowie is looking like the real deal. When his decision making improves hes gonna go to the top.

Bird - Only thing his game is missing is goals. 

Buchanon is a very good player and think he'll get to the prem one day also. Honestly think hes played well when played at CB.

Watson and Thompson are very similar and i dont know what to think atm

7 hours ago, TomSaint said:

Out of the first team and academy who do you think has the brightest future ahead of them?

Personally think its got to be Knight. Hes a solid player even tho we play him out of position all the time ( The derby way).

International and has the ability to create something/get a goal.

Also believe Cybulski will do well once hes bulked up and  got the first team nerves out the way

Malcolm