Allsop v Roos

Seaside Ram

3 hours ago, Crewton said:

Another poster posted all the players' alleged salaries from this website :

https://salarysport.com/football/sky-bet-championship/derby-county/

As you can see, his is purported to be a ridiculous £16,000 per week. I'm sceptical, but he did get a new contract after he'd established himself as Carson's replacement, so taking it at face value you can possibly understand my comments about value. 

And we know for a fact that some of those are incorrect due to the players being signed since the EFL restrictions, so it shows it is purely speculation.

I said at the time it was posted, if it hasn't come from the club or the player then why believe any of it, pure guesswork. (apart from those that we know have a maximum limit since the summer, and I doubt the senior players would be on less than that limit.....)

9 hours ago, Rich84 said:

And we know for a fact that some of those are incorrect due to the players being signed since the EFL restrictions, so it shows it is purely speculation.

I said at the time it was posted, if it hasn't come from the club or the player then why believe any of it, pure guesswork. (apart from those that we know have a maximum limit since the summer, and I doubt the senior players would be on less than that limit.....)

I agree that it'd be unwise to put too much trust in those figures. I think what can be safely assumed about Roos' salary is that it will be a good bit higher than Allsop's, because he was awarded a new contract as first-choice keeper at a time when we were not under a restrictive embargo. 

As a keeper myself I watched them both in the pre season friendly vs betis. 

The difference was light and day for me Allsop the much better distributor of the ball. So much more comfortable with the ball at his feet and more commanding of his area.

Then again Roos made about 3 1on1 saves which probably won us the game. So go figure that one.

• 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Rev said:

According to a study by the Swiss CIES football observatory, Ryan Allsop averages more passes per game (50) than any other goalkeeper in the 36 European leagues they studied.

Doesn't surprise me.  In one of the televised games toward the end of the season he was topping the passes list at 95 or so.  Talk about playing out from the back. 

21 minutes ago, Rev said:

According to a study by the Swiss CIES football observatory, Ryan Allsop averages more passes per game (50) than any other goalkeeper in the 36 European leagues they studied.

I am now officially convinced that all these football stats are simply a job creation scheme.?

Unless they’re made up (as if), there’s no realistic way to verify them, there must be a whole army folk keeping a tally of everything every player in numerous leagues does.

30 minutes ago, Rev said:

Stats!!!!  That might just mean that we were playing such negative football or we didn't know how or weren't good enough to move forward that the only option was to pass back to the goalkeeper.

8 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

Doesn't surprise me.  In one of the televised games toward the end of the season he was topping the passes list at 95 or so.  Talk about playing out from the back

OK

Playing out from the back is a tactic often used by managers who would like to keep possession, It would normally start with the goalkeeper who would pass to either fullback or possibly the centre half inside the penalty area, This tactic could put pressure on the goalkeeper with the opposition closing the keeper down, But in most circumstances it will be used to try and open the opposition up by passing through their midfield and eventually putting pressure on the oppositions defence, Where an opportunity to score would make this a good tactic.

How did I do?   

15 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

OK

Playing out from the back is a tactic often used by managers who would like to keep possession, It would normally start with the goalkeeper who would pass to either fullback or possibly the centre half inside the penalty area, This tactic could put pressure on the goalkeeper with the opposition closing the keeper down, But in most circumstances it will be used to try and open the opposition up by passing through their midfield and eventually putting pressure on the oppositions defence, Where an opportunity to score would make this a good tactic.

How did I do?   

Well Done Thumbs Up GIF by America's Got Talent

52 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

Stats!!!!  That might just mean that we were playing such negative football or we didn't know how or weren't good enough to move forward that the only option was to pass back to the goalkeeper.

The article I took that from also mentioned that we'd scored less goals than all but two English league clubs.

1 hour ago, BathRam72 said:

In our case, that's exactly what they mean. When you watch us "play out from the back" it very often means GK to CD to FB, who looks up, sees nothing, and passes it back to the GK (only this time under pressure).