LG 1 appropriate transfer suggestions

BuckoBeast

4 hours ago, alram said:

i was moaning in the chester thread but I do hope we don’t go down the route of players on huge wages. I know we have slim pickings but we need forward planning not chasing short term result with a team full of 35 year olds

we will get found out very quickly if that’s the case as younger more athletic teams trump us

and just feels a relief to be moaning about football

We can't - the EFL business plan has maximum individual wage limits in it, as well as an overall limit. 

11 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Been told Kevin McDonald is on trial with us. Not from my usual source, but someone who’s been right before. Don’t know where they get they’re info from so don’t shoot the messenger.

Heard that too but I thought he’d misspelt kornell? also heard some deji sotona And Dave mcgoldrick

4 minutes ago, Stripperg-ram said:

Could someone tell me who the 5(?) contracted players are that we definitely have into the next season? I keep forgetting who our actual deffo’s are

cheers

I could name 5, but then I'd be ignoring the rest. Full list is here: https://www.efl.com/clubs-and-competitions/efl-retained-list-squad-numbers/

1 hour ago, EnigmaRam said:

People moaning about signing 33 year old Chester when the first signing they want is 37 year old Curtis Davies and were quite happy with 39 year old Phil Jaguelka? 

People moaning about 31 year old Conor Hourihane because he’s too old? 

Some people to wake up and smell the coffee. These would be great signings for any league one club. 

Just because we’re having to bring in frees with experience doesn’t mean we can’t sign some good young loanees

☝️

This!

Chester, Hourihane, Barkhuizen, one of Huddz/Johnson and an experienced CF would be amazing for L1.

We had a very young squad last season and I'd say around 6 of the signings we're on about bringing in need to be experienced.

Complement this with finding some youngsters let go by bigger teams and we'll be on our way to building something competitive.

The only thing I'm slightly concerned about is the amount of CMs north of 30 we're being linked with when CM is probably the position where we're least in need of loads of reinforcements! We've already got Bird, Tommo, Knight, Sibley and Bielik (although, admittedly, the latter might be off on loan to a Championship team soon).

9 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

The only thing I'm slightly concerned about is the amount of CMs north of 30 we're being linked with when CM is probably the position where we're least in need of loads of reinforcements! We've already got Bird, Tommo, Knight, Sibley and Bielik (although, admittedly, the latter might be off on loan to a Championship team soon).

Actual CM for a 2 we have 2 players in Bird & Bielik, Bielik is likely to go and if Thompson renews that will be 2 young CDMs, we ideally need 4 players for that position.

Not sure where Knight fits into a 4231 if we stick with that, can see him being sold if a good enough bid comes in. 

Sibley can play anywhere in the 3 behind a front man and is currently the only first team player we have there, fully expect about 5 attacking mids/wingers to come in....Hourihane, Barkhuizen & NML have already been linked.

Edited by DCFC1388

5 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

I think wages would deem we dont have a cat in hells chance of either

Really? Johnson and Huddlestone are both at the end of their careers now. They won’t be on anywhere near as much as they were last time they were here. Doubt either would be asking for more than 10k a week, which I’m sure our business plan would allow.

12 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Really? Johnson and Huddlestone are both at the end of their careers now. They won’t be on anywhere near as much as they were last time they were here. Doubt either would be asking for more than 10k a week, which I’m sure our business plan would allow.

I would take BJ but Hudders legs had gone a couple of years ago so it is a no from me….

5 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I would take BJ but Hudders legs had gone a couple of years ago so it is a no from me….

19 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Only 10k a week?

So half a million a year for Huddlestone??

Have to say...I sincerely hope not. 

18 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Perhaps, my question about huds is how much does he want a scrap in league 1… a player with his ability has been sat around without a club for how long now? 

i wouldnt touch either quite honestly, was never a fan of johnsons anyhow. Rather see liam thompson or a n other young hungry lower league lad be given a chance

i do worry we’re going to go from one extreme of young hungry inexperienced kids to a side of has been journeymen.

hope we can hit a balance… i realise for the next year or two though its get what we can 

24 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Sorry but paying over £1m a year for two players? Wouldn’t that scoop up a fifth of our likely season ticket money?