LG 1 appropriate transfer suggestions

BuckoBeast

Alfie Mawson and Michael Hector released by Fulham. 2 very good, tall, strong defenders there

Probably too good for league 1 and will get plenty of offers at the champ level i should think. Both havent played much in a very strong Fulham side which is understandable. Chance to revive their careers?

10 minutes ago, KBB said:

Alfie Mawson and Michael Hector released by Fulham. 2 very good, tall, strong defenders there

Probably too good for league 1 and will get plenty of offers at the champ level i should think. Both haven't played much in a very strong Fulham side which is understandable. Chance to revive their careers?

Both these players careers seem to have stuttered, but with the right move and management they could be great acquisitions for someone although I make you right in that both will probably get offers at Championship Level and maybe too good for L1, plus wages would be a factor for us. 

If we had done the miracle and stayed up then arguably the type of players we should be in the mix for, but should they be overlooked I dare say Rooney could get there careers back on track.

Think we will see quite a few players like these being released in the coming days.  Lets hope we can get everything settled and start to negotiate. 

Cheers

Gangway D from the terrace. 

Edited by GangwayD

I firmly believe that we will be able to get a half decent squad together of freebies. There will be a lot of talent and players with good cvs available, not just 35 year olds will have been released.

Get this takeover sorted and start getting a list of targets finished.

Midtable will be achievable and look to get the club onto sound footings.

7 minutes ago, Warwick Ram said:

Adnan Januzaj. Recently released by Real Sociedad and only 27.

Already being linked to West ham, roma, marseille. Maybe just out of our reach.....

5 minutes ago, Warwick Ram said:

I also think Rooney will have a lot of pull with some players keen to work with him.

Agree, but they also will need to want to play in league 1 (3rd tier football) on massively restricted wages.

There will be players out there who will agree to those circumstances, let's just hope we can get the takeover sorted so we are not feeding on scraps.

We need to get Cox and Burley on the job.  Only two managers in my time watching Derby who created good teams from magic beans. Anyone heard of Bisgaard, Idiakez and Rasiak before they got here. Rooney could do with some off their contacts.  The scouting element is crucial at this point and an experienced scout / ex manager with good contacts could be Derbys best signing. 

5 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

We need to get Cox and Burley on the job.  Only two managers in my time watching Derby who created good teams from magic beans. Anyone heard of Bisgaard, Idiakez and Rasiak before they got here. Rooney could do with some off their contacts.  The scouting element is crucial at this point and an experienced scout / ex manager with good contacts could be Derbys best signing. 

Bald Eagle did ok too….

4 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Bald Eagle did ok too….

He did but with more money to invest to be fair in the first season than they had.  Still not quite sure how a bloke who captained Croatia came to a club 5th bottom of the first division .  Stuff like that won't happen today.  Obviously he knew Poom and Powell from his time at Portsmouth. A lot of the players who improved us midway in his tenure were recommendations of the players- Asanovic, Baiano etc. If we'd signed Baggio and Petit in 98 I think we'd have been pushing for the title.  When the players who knew a player left we stated getting crap like Beck, Bragstaad and Schnoor.

39 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Wind up not mentioning Nigel Clough?

5 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Wind up not mentioning Nigel Clough?

I think of Cloughs signings as more functional, bar Bryson and Martin who probably turned out better than expected.  He did some underappreciated work granted re wage bill and squad size.  He was also lucky to have Hughes and Hendrick to give the midfield some potency.  McClaren did some good loan market moves to give the functional side some added gold dust and supply Martin.  Shame Richard Dunne had a blinder at Wembley and the defence were comatose in the last minute.

53 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

He did but with more money to invest to be fair in the first season than they had.  Still not quite sure how a bloke who captained Croatia came to a club 5th bottom of the first division .  Stuff like that won't happen today.  Obviously he knew Poom and Powell from his time at Portsmouth. A lot of the players who improved us midway in his tenure were recommendations of the players- Asanovic, Baiano etc. If we'd signed Baggio and Petit in 98 I think we'd have been pushing for the title.  When the players who knew a player left we stated getting crap like Beck, Bragstaad and Schnoor.

IIRC, we raised quite a bit of money that summer from selling the likes of Short, Pembridge and Kitson (though he may have gone earlier?), so it was more re-cycling than new investment from LP I think.

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Thinking more of getting us up….

52 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I think of Cloughs signings as more functional, bar Bryson and Martin who probably turned out better than expected.  He did some underappreciated work granted re wage bill and squad size.  He was also lucky to have Hughes and Hendrick to give the midfield some potency.  McClaren did some good loan market moves to give the functional side some added gold dust and supply Martin.  Shame Richard Dunne had a blinder at Wembley and the defence were comatose in the last minute.

Missed argubly the best two Barker and shackle 

57 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

I think Clough would need to have built that 2013/14 team far more quickly to make the list.

66 signings over 5 years isn't so much making the team from magic beans, but spreading enough manure that something eventually would have to grow from it.

Poetry 

2 hours ago, Warwick Ram said:

I also think Rooney will have a lot of pull with some players keen to work with him.

I think he will in terms of other managers happy to let their young players come to us on loan to learn from him…..not so sure re more seasoned players….think the money will be the key factor there….

2 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Jim smith did rather well with little money - not around anymore sadly