QPR vs Derby County matchday thread, Monday 18th April, 3pm

Carl Sagan

15 minutes ago, IncredibleKoosh said:

What fee would we have got? Also maybe he thought/ hoped things would change. Maybe no actual offers were made? Maybe it wasn't impacting on him until the last few weeks. I don't think that any should get on the back of anyone who played their part this season - ultimately it isn't their fault that Derby have been relegated.

i dont think festy has been the same player since he got crunched by the bora defender weeks ago

40 minutes ago, Reverend said:

How many players are still under contract for next season?

We could have basically a completely new team for next season. Thats going to cost a fair bit if we are going to compete. I worry that some people's perception is that we will come straight back up. My feeling is that we could struggle again.

Sorry for the pessimism but feeling down.

And with minus 15? Very tough league and if we start on minus 15 it will be extremely difficult.Its great to be optimistic but sometimes reality comes to the fore.

40 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

No you didn't

"you can forget your points deductions, that’s just pathetic really. You don’t stay up like that."

It does need sorting, but we'd be better off if we actually had a squad and not mainly kids.

Conveniently ignore the rest of the post then…

No one blames the players for going down, I expecting nothing better than this outcome. But Rooney does need to do something tactically different away from home in my view. The home form has been far better than you’d expect, which makes the away form quite bizzare.

41 minutes ago, Finch said:

Worst owner regrettably. Even the 3 amigos didn’t manage to do so much damage. Remember Morris’s assertion that administration was the best option. Clown.

With hindsight that sounds like one final, failed gamble. 

I wanted to find that spitting image clip of Robert maxwell and his anti midas touch where everything he touched turned to poo. 

Very appropriate metaphor for the Mel Morris stewardship.... 

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

No one blames the players for going down, I expecting nothing better than this outcome. But Rooney does need to do something tactically different away from home in my view. The home form has been far better than you’d expect, which makes the away form quite bizzare.

This is a strange one, Our home form is up there with the better teams, Our away form has been a disaster, Away support has been 1st class, But to be having play so many youngsters when away from home has had a negative effect...imo, We need mentally tough experienced players next season with a sprinkling of youth, They've all been a credit to themselves, The fans and DCFC, The work starts if/when CK buys us.

9 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Like take a better squad, for instance? Thanks, EFL. Thanks for nothing.

5 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

With hindsight that sounds like one final, failed gamble. 

I wanted to find that spitting image clip of Robert maxwell and his anti midas touch where everything he touched turned to poo. 

Very appropriate metaphor for the Mel Morris stewardship.... 

2LKRHh.gif.4899b161aa9527111d2ed34b429ac758.gif

Not quite the same but similar meaning.

17 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I have been saying the same for weeks……but apparently it makes me a killjoy ?

19 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Loads of kids = Poor away form.