Suggestions to Save Derby County

Curtains

5 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Whilst I can see the Council getting on board with the stadium ownership, I really can’t see it would be of any interest to a PB. I would have thought any PB interested in finessing a deal now would want the bricks and mortar in their ownership. Otherwise they are paying a large sum of money for fresh air.

It could still be owned by new owners but all council are saying they will buy pp if it means it helps save derby county and derby can buy it back in a later date.

9 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Whilst I can see the Council getting on board with the stadium ownership, I really can’t see it would be of any interest to a PB. I would have thought any PB interested in finessing a deal now would want the bricks and mortar in their ownership. Otherwise they are paying a large sum of money for fresh air.

Ok, council gives 5 years rent free and thereafter a market rent and the club has an option to buy. The council could even make a turn 

Edited by kevinhectoring

8 hours ago, Poynton ram said:

Dont forget Simon “lovely pair of knockers” Groom, that bloke out of Blur, Maxine Shaw, Charlie Hanson, Mike Cattermole, they must all be good for a few quid

Putting your obvious Coronation Street obsession to one side, and I'll assume by "Maxine", you are in fact referring to the actress Tracy Shaw?  Maxine is dead!  Murdered, no less!   ?

... apparently!  

#neverwatchedit

The council could buy the stadium for Derby, but could seek a financial backer to help with cost.

Potentially they could ask fans to raise part of the money to help with this.

What's the total value of the season tickets, if they asked fans to pay double the price for next season with half the money going towards buying a proportion of the ground.

11 hours ago, GboroRam said:

What's the day to day running costs for the stadium? I'm sure the £1m isn't pure profit. 

The usual arrangement for a commercial lease is a "full repairing and insuring" so dcfc as the head lease holder would be liable for all repairs and upkeep. 

On that basis, current yield for the free holder is around 6-8% for property investment if done up to a decent standard. 

So purchase for 20m, give it a paint job and redecorate everything. Rent 1.2 - 1.5m plus maintenance and upkeep and insurance. 

39 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

The usual arrangement for a commercial lease is a "full repairing and insuring" so dcfc as the head lease holder would be liable for all repairs and upkeep. 

On that basis, current yield for the free holder is around 6-8% for property investment if done up to a decent standard. 

So purchase for 20m, give it a paint job and redecorate everything. Rent 1.2 - 1.5m plus maintenance and upkeep and insurance. 

True, but DCFC only lease the Ground for one day a fortnight. So I think the landlord will have to pay a lot more of the upkeep than for a standard lease arrangement. 

But likewise the ground is also used for a lot of Corporate stuff .. and private functions weddings bar mitzvah’s and the like. So income is a lot more than £1m .. Corporate and hospitality was £4m per last accounts back in 2018. 

12 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

True, but DCFC only lease the Ground for one day a fortnight. So I think the landlord will have to pay a lot more of the upkeep than for a standard lease arrangement. 

But likewise the ground is also used for a lot of Corporate stuff .. and private functions weddings bar mitzvah’s and the like. So income is a lot more than £1m .. Corporate and hospitality was £4m per last accounts back in 2018. 

You don't get typical commercial leases for x days per week.  The sort of arrangement you are describing is more like a hiring arrangement. 

Which might make more financial sense for dcfc, but dutes/removes their legal rights to have usage. You might be able to concoct some sort of block booking for League games but watch out for the potential conflict if the club got through an fa Cup round and wanted to add a day with a couple of weeks notice. You'd also have potential issues with TV moving kick off times for TV. 

Of course, you would also need an infrastructure to manage the stadium and changing it over so with all that, it would in no way be as simple as saying dcfc could have a price equivalent to a "day rate". 

Not saying it's completely impossible but it isn't a model that is in operation in the UK at the moment. 

5 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

You don't get typical commercial leases for x days per week.  The sort of arrangement you are describing is more like a hiring arrangement. 

Which might make more financial sense for dcfc, but dutes/removes their legal rights to have usage. You might be able to concoct some sort of block booking for League games but watch out for the potential conflict if the club got through an fa Cup round and wanted to add a day with a couple of weeks notice. You'd also have potential issues with TV moving kick off times for TV. 

Of course, you would also need an infrastructure to manage the stadium and changing it over so with all that, it would in no way be as simple as saying dcfc could have a price equivalent to a "day rate". 

Not saying it's completely impossible but it isn't a model that is in operation in the UK at the moment. 

Ah but if you read the IDc findings on the sale of stadium that’s exactly why the lease was assessed at only £1m pa .. but still with security of tenure. We only use the stadium for a fraction of the time. Bear in mind the stadium then was valued at £81m so using your yield calculation ( which I agree is reasonable for a typical lease) we would be paying £5m to £6m rental , which we are not. 

Edited by PistoldPete

8 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Yes I have quite a vivid memory of that period (though I can barely remember who scored yesterday afternoon). 
My point was simply that for @Cornwall ramto attribute the black shorts to Maxwell makes no sense because they were adopted by the club 50 years before Maxwell was born. That’s all. 

Fair enough.

But it was Maxwell that changed it back to black. Maybe that's what was meant.

8 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Yep was about to post similar, seems bidders are only prepared to bid near enough money to save derby if the stadium is thrown in , leasing it from the council as opposed to leasing it from Morris doesn’t seem to be much different so how does it clear the impasse we are at ?

3 minutes ago, Archied said:

Yep was about to post similar, seems bidders are only prepared to bid near enough money to save derby if the stadium is thrown in , leasing it from the council as opposed to leasing it from Morris doesn’t seem to be much different so how does it clear the impasse we are at ?

Good question. We don’t know how much Council would pay .. maybe it’s more than the £22m special price being offered to buyers of the club? But anyway a separate sale of the stadium can clear the MSD loan even if it is only for £22m. Still leaves a lot more debt than we have in assets though. 

14 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Stop being negative

It could be a win for everyone.

Excellent point B4.

Long long ago, 

1971 to be exact,

The City of Derby heard that Rolls Royce had made 4300 men redundant.

Cloughie signed Colin Todd for the Rams.
This led to a great boost in morale in some of the city's darkest days and a renaissance of hope and confidence in the area. 

A new company (Rolls-Royce 1971) rose from the ashes.

Cloughie's Rams won the League Championship 71-72.

Everyone benefitted.

If then, why not now?

Come on Council....

COYR!

9 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Ok, council gives 5 years rent free and thereafter a market rent and the club has an option to buy. The council could even make a turn 

Yeah, pay MM the asking price of £22M.  If the Council Tax payers stomach that, then the running costs for 5 years is nothing (Boro's is £8.9M per year; West Ham is £16M - but Leyton (Orient) taxpayers are really happy to pay most of this).  Perhaps we can reduce the costs by asking fans to stand on the ptich with a torch for 8 hours a day in winter? At least it's easier to change the floodlights compared to BBG. And we won't need as many stewards and police on L1 matchdays.

We need the new owners to buy the stadium. It could be a massive asset for the club. Stadium naming rights (possibly integrated with shirt sponsorhip) could be worth millions.  If Brighton can rake in £100M over 12 years for the AMEX, then I'm sure there'll be plenty of banks and financial institutions queuing up to get a piece of Derby.

5 minutes ago, Brammie Steve said:

Excellent point B4.

Long long ago, 

1971 to be exact,

The City of Derby heard that Rolls Royce had made 4300 men redundant.

Cloughie signed Colin Todd for the Rams.
This led to a great boost in morale in some of the city's darkest days and a renaissance of hope and confidence in the area. 

A new company (Rolls-Royce 1971) rose from the ashes.

Cloughie's Rams won the League Championship 71-72.

Everyone benefitted.

If then, why not now?

Come on Council....

COYR!

Ok Uncle Albert, ?

4 minutes ago, Dava75 said:

When I win the whole jackpot tomorrow night … I’ll buy pride park…. and give a rent free option to the new owners for a few years….

I hope to announce my preferred outcome imminently ……

C90E0BC1-4441-466A-A76A-A4320E843C95.thumb.jpeg.9c35b40e595a926ca9530a5438875345.jpeg

I’d reckon 48hours by the time Camelot’s proceeded you.

12 hours ago, GboroRam said:

Not many council white elephants are polarising as football is. It's just a risky way to spend public money - and doing polarising things isn't a ery council-like thing to do. 

My mother for example has no interest in football. I'm sure a lot of people are the same. My dad hates it. They'd be up in arms if their local council spent £20m, good investment or not. 

And how many local Forest, Leeds, Burton Albion etc. fans would vote for the same group of local councillors who pushed this through? 

It just feels like the kind of thing a council would steer clear of, for self preservation reasons. 

Out of interest were they up in arms when the velodrome was built. My parents are 95 and would rather see a football stadium than a velodrome that isnt even used.

11 hours ago, Boycie said:

Car boot sales in the car park on a Sunday if we aren’t playing.

low cost small meeting rooms in the non bought corporate boxes viewing the pitch.

Larger conferencing in the other large open areas.

Link up with Derby College to offer space to rent during the week.

The large tv Screens outside the ground were supposed to generate £1 million year, are they even turned on at the moment?

The old car boot on the meadows brought in hundereds of people and im suree they could do the same there.