Suggestions to Save Derby County

Curtains

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

Some fans  saying they don’t want the City Council to help with the Stadium .

I would love to know what these fans would suggest then as an alternative if MM won’t budge on Stadium price and bidders won’t increase bids to accommodate this .

Only reasonable alternatives allowed not ifs buts and maybes 

I dont think there is an alternative other than liquidation when the cash runs out

Mike Ashley to buy club and stadium for a fair price and get on with rebuilding this great football club. Come on Mr Ashley, your portfolio needs upgrading.

House of Fraser 

Sofa.com 

Jack Wills 

Eastern Mountain Sports 

Evans Cycles 

Gelert 

Heatons 

Sweatshop 

USC 

Sports Direct 

Agent Provocateur 

British Knights 

Carlton 

Donnay 

Everlast 

Gelert 

Gul 

Hot Tuna 

Kangol 

Karrimor 

LA Gear 

Lonsdale 

Muddyfox 

No Fear 

Slazenger.

And more agreeable on the rent of stadium than new owners or owner that can pay off over time and perhaps they might say if we buy pp then you can pay off tax of what tickets get sold percentage goes off and you get percentage to put  back into pp.

I can't see the council buying the ground. What with the obscene amounts of money involved in football, it potentially looks a bit tone deaf to spend 8 figure sums helping out a football team at a time everyone has to tighten their belts. Plus every non-football fan will say it's a waste of taxpayers' money. 

2 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Mike Ashley to buy club and stadium for a fair price and get on with rebuilding this great football club. Come on Mr Ashley, your portfolio needs upgrading.

House of Fraser 

Sofa.com 

Jack Wills 

Eastern Mountain Sports 

Evans Cycles 

Gelert 

Heatons 

Sweatshop 

USC 

Sports Direct 

Agent Provocateur 

British Knights 

Carlton 

Donnay 

Everlast 

Gelert 

Gul 

Hot Tuna 

Kangol 

Karrimor 

LA Gear 

Lonsdale 

Muddyfox 

No Fear 

Slazenger.

You can add game to that list.

1 minute ago, GboroRam said:

I can't see the council buying the ground. What with the obscene amounts of money involved in football, it potentially looks a bit tone deaf to spend 8 figure sums helping out a football team at a time everyone has to tighten their belts. Plus every non-football fan will say it's a waste of taxpayers' money. 

Stop being negative

It could be a win for everyone.

2 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Suppose depends if business plan supports buying it using loan (if they can) and rent would be more than interest on said loan. Also as many have said Mel may sell for lesser amount to DCC than to a rival

4 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Any alternatives at this point !

6 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

House of Fraser 

Sofa.com 

Jack Wills 

Eastern Mountain Sports 

Evans Cycles 

Gelert 

Heatons 

Sweatshop 

USC 

Sports Direct 

Agent Provocateur 

British Knights 

Carlton 

Donnay 

Everlast 

Gelert 

Gul 

Hot Tuna 

Kangol 

Karrimor 

LA Gear 

Lonsdale 

Muddyfox 

No Fear 

Slazenger.

If he won’t I want an alternative 

Just now, Curtains said:

Any alternatives at this point !

I don't know. 

But I really don't want to see us go back to the same situation as before, where a rich owner is willing to put some money in for an unspecified period of time, until he gets bored and pulls out. Kaboom, start the whole palaver again.

Football has to pay its way without the need for oil sheiks and oligarchs. Otherwise what have we learned since administration? 

11 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Isn’t it more about what the football club means economically for the city and the businesses that rely on the football club for business etc etc? If the council bought the ground that’s essentially what they are trying to save in the long run. 

Maybe the EFL (English Football League) or the FA (Football Association) could buy it and rent it out or better still make a bit of money on it and put the money back into grass roots football or the Derbyshire Community to promote the beautiful game of football whilst protecting, saving, one of its founder members..............

Sorry, I'm really sorry, I do apologise, I've not had a bang on the head, or been drinking all weekend, or been dreaming again...........but does anyone remember the good old days when people cared about other people?........no I thought not!

These folk don't even know where Derby, Derbyshire, East Midlands are, somewhere in Iraq probably!

Carry on Regardless everyone, and remember kids these governing bodies are Good as Gold, Stupid as Mud.

28 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

House of Fraser 

Sofa.com 

Jack Wills 

Eastern Mountain Sports 

Evans Cycles 

Gelert 

Heatons 

Sweatshop 

USC 

Sports Direct 

Agent Provocateur 

British Knights 

Carlton 

Donnay 

Everlast 

Gelert 

Gul 

Hot Tuna 

Kangol 

Karrimor 

LA Gear 

Lonsdale 

Muddyfox 

No Fear 

Slazenger.

The No Fear Stadium would be one hell of a name!

38 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Some fans  saying they don’t want the City Council to help with the Stadium .

I would love to know what these fans would suggest then as an alternative if MM won’t budge on Stadium price and bidders won’t increase bids to accommodate this .

Only reasonable alternatives allowed not ifs buts and maybes 

What fans don’t want this?