Swansea vs The Rams Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

Derby manager Wayne Rooney said: "I think everyone in the stadium agrees [it was a penalty], the Swansea manager, fans, players, Derby players and fans, knows it was a clear penalty apart from the four officials.

"I hope the referee gets banned and fined but that is not good enough.

"I've raised this with the officials a few times this season and you get the same rubbish reply six weeks later but the season will be done before that."

4 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Reading have lost perhaps the easiest game they have remaining to play, at home. We have three winnable games for our last 3 games so long as we are still within 9 points of them with three or more to play there is still a chance.  

But we have Fulham at home and QPR away next 2.  Even with my brightest rose tinted spectacles on the best I can see from those games is 2 draws. Our run in is not any easier than Reading’s, that’s the problem.

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I am, but willing to bet that's what the refs association say based on what they said about Davies and Festy in the past.

It was the final straw really. We weren't great but we competed most of the game even when the ref had let a fair amount of thuggish tackles from them go. Couldn't believe he didn't give the penalty but also knew he wouldn't. ?

Such a shame we couldn't get something out of what always looked a tough fixture

Do think Lawrence could've done so much better for the second goal was easily beaten to the ball thought Thompson did well today was busy and industrious...i do though think having to get rid of Shinnie and Jags and not being able to bring in a  striker even just as short term  has cost us 

Edited by S8TY

1 hour ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Derby manager Wayne Rooney said: "I think everyone in the stadium agrees [it was a penalty], the Swansea manager, fans, players, Derby players and fans, knows it was a clear penalty apart from the four officials.

"I've raised this with the officials a few times this season and you get the same rubbish reply six weeks later but the season will be done before that."

Why does he bother, he’s only gonna get a fine or touch line ban.

Understand the frustration but his observations will not make a blind bit of difference. 

2 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Our friend mr Robinson again Im starting to think he doesnt like us!!

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Fair point and no I haven't but neither did the referee.

I think GoC's point might have been that the view from behind the goal shows that the ref got that decision right, irrespective of where he was standing.