Taylor Hawkins - RIP

Gaspode

My wife and I have got tickets to see them for the third time in June. This time we’re taking our daughter for her first ever live music gig.

I’m very sad about this, and it’s a shame my daughter has missed the chance to see him live.

it’s obviously too soon to really think about this, but I do wonder what they’re plans will be going forward, and how this will change the dynamic of the tour going forward.

there’s bound to be some sort of tribute to him. That’ll bring out all the feels. 

A few years ago, I posted a thread stating how I didn't appreciate Foo Fighters music and thought it was a bit 'meh'.

Off the back of the responses, a few advised me to watch various footage, I did and spotted that this guy was an absolute musician to the extreme, some of the clips I saw led me to think he had the voice and the swagger to be a frontman in his own right. Pretty sure I saw footage of him singing a Queen song, with Grohl back on drums.

I did respect them and their music a lot more after.

This is sad news for music fans everywhere as this guy was the kind of guy we (failed and frustrated musicians) look up to.

16 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

A few years ago, I posted a thread stating how I didn't appreciate Foo Fighters music and thought it was a bit 'meh'.

Off the back of the responses, a few advised me to watch various footage, I did and spotted that this guy was an absolute musician to the extreme, some of the clips I saw led me to think he had the voice and the swagger to be a frontman in his own right. Pretty sure I saw footage of him singing a Queen song, with Grohl back on drums.

I did respect them and their music a lot more after.

This is sad news for music fans everywhere as this guy was the kind of guy we (failed and frustrated musicians) look up to.

When I saw them at Milton Keynes, he took the Mike, and rather than Dave taking the drums, they pulled Roger Taylor on to do the drumming. Then for the encore they brought in Alice cooper to sing schools out. ducking epic!!!!!

5 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

When I saw them at Milton Keynes, he took the Mike, and rather than Dave taking the drums, they pulled Roger Taylor on to do the drumming. Then for the encore they brought in Alice cooper to sing schools out. ducking epic!!!!!

Was that the Broken Leg Tour? If so, I was there but I have zero memory of Alice Cooper turning up!

6 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

I was there as well, one hell of a show! Got tickets for Villa park in June, not sure what’s going to happen with that now…

2 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Was that the Broken Leg Tour? If so, I was there but I have zero memory of Alice Cooper turning up!

I could’ve dreamt it. It sounds like something I’d dream. But I’ve confirmed with my wife, it definitely happened.

it wasn’t the broken leg tour though. Way before that. 2011. duck I’m old. We had tickets for the broken leg tour, but they got cancelled, cos he broke his leg.

https://www.radiox.co.uk/artists/foo-fighters/news/joined-by-special-guests/

@Millenniumram will back me up.

Just now, TigerTedd said:

I could’ve dreamt it. It sounds like something I’d dream. But I’ve confirmed with my wife, it definitely happened.

it wasn’t the broken leg tour though. Way before that. 2011. duck I’m old. We had tickets for the broken leg tour, but they got cancelled, cos he broke his leg.

https://www.radiox.co.uk/artists/foo-fighters/news/joined-by-special-guests/

@Millenniumram will back me up.

Ah, I was at the broken leg gig. Think it was 2015. He brought Roger Taylor up then as well.

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

I was there as well, one hell of a show! Got tickets for Villa park in June, not sure what’s going to happen with that now…

We’ve got tickets to Villa park too. That’s where we’re taking our daughter. 

we also went to the Olympic stadium to see them in 2018. You weren’t there too we’re you? Are you following me?

ducking lived the MK gig though. Best live show I’ve ever been to.

oh-wo-ooohh on repeat for about an hour as everyone filtered out, ringing in my ears all the way home. 

I still remember Dave saying at the start, ‘yeah, we’re gonna rock out for like 2 hours.’ Everyone going mental, and then he’s like, ‘seriously, I was just joking, we’re going to be here for 6 hrs.’