Taylor Hawkins - RIP

Gaspode

• 2 months later...
On 17/06/2022 at 19:48, Millenniumram said:

I’ve managed to get tickets. So, you know, sucks to be you lot

I made it. I got tickets!!!

an email popped up today saying last few tickets released. 

but if a pain in the arse now though, as I’ve made plans for the weekend. I’m going to have to drive from wales on Saturday morning, and cut my weekend there short. But totally worth it. 

I’ve only ever been to Wembley by bus before though. So does anyone more experienced than I know The best options for parking?

I’ve just checked official Wembley parking, and it’s £60! Surely there’s a better option if I park further out and get a tube in or something?

PS I’ve changed my angry face to a cheers now. I don’t feel quite as bitter any more. 

Edited by TigerTedd

On 31/08/2022 at 16:53, TigerTedd said:

I made it. I got tickets!!!

an email popped up today saying last few tickets released. 

but if a pain in the arse now though, as I’ve made plans for the weekend. I’m going to have to drive from wales on Saturday morning, and cut my weekend there short. But totally worth it. 

I’ve only ever been to Wembley by bus before though. So does anyone more experienced than I know The best options for parking?

I’ve just checked official Wembley parking, and it’s £60! Surely there’s a better option if I park further out and get a tube in or something?

PS I’ve changed my angry face to a cheers now. I don’t feel quite as bitter any more. 

I’m going as well and we’ve booked to park in someone’s drive through Just Park. It was £29 and looks to be about a 20 minute walk. We did the same for the play off final and it was really easy.

Really looking forward to this.

On 02/09/2022 at 08:43, Kinder said:

I’m going as well and we’ve booked to park in someone’s drive through Just Park. It was £29 and looks to be about a 20 minute walk. We did the same for the play off final and it was really easy.

Really looking forward to this.

A friend suggested the same thing in the end. Paid about the same, 15 minute walk. Spot on. 

En route from north wales now. 

I’m not even there yet. Electric car ran out of f*%€\*|€+ battery!!!!! I was meters away from the charger, but in the wrong part of the car park, some guys had to push me round the car park. Absolute nightmare.

(I had planned my journey, but turns out the chargers is aimed for we’re broken or had a massive queue). 

10 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

I’m not even there yet. Electric car ran out of f*%€\*|€+ battery!!!!! I was meters away from the charger, but in the wrong part of the car park, some guys had to push me round the car park. Absolute nightmare.

(I had planned my journey, but turns out the chargers is aimed for we’re broken or had a massive queue). 

What time did you get there? We just about made it for the start and so glad we did. Liam Gallagher was great and brilliant to hear Dave drumming harder than anyone’s ever drummed to Oasis! 

Other highlights were Brian Johnson / Lars, Supergrass and Hot for Teacher with Wolfgang van Halen, amazing. And how good was Justin Hawkins?? And the next generation of drummers - Rufus Taylor and Shane Hawkins. My Hero with Shane drumming was so emotional. The whole night was so well done and Dave must have worked like a nutter in the build up. He played drums / bass / guitar / vocals for half the night, that will have taken a huge amount of work.

Edited by Kinder

49 minutes ago, TimRam said:

It was a great show. Brian Johnson was excellent and Let There Be Rock did just that...rocked. How good was Wolfgang Van Halen? Kinder mentioned my thoughts exactly so won't repeat.

I loved it when Johnson and Justin Hawkins were wrestling to get the mic! ? I assumed he was asked to leave the stage ?

Sam Ryder was incredible!  He needs to be the new queen front man, not that yank.

9 hours ago, Kinder said:

What time did you get there? We just about made it for the start and so glad we did. Liam Gallagher was great and brilliant to hear Dave drumming harder than anyone’s ever drummed to Oasis! 

Other highlights were Brian Johnson / Lars, Supergrass and Hot for Teacher with Wolfgang van Halen, amazing. And how good was Justin Hawkins?? And the next generation of drummers - Rufus Taylor and Shane Hawkins. My Hero with Shane drumming was so emotional. The whole night was so well done and Dave must have worked like a nutter in the build up. He played drums / bass / guitar / vocals for half the night, that will have taken a huge amount of work.

I got in just as yellow brick road gad been playing. But thanks to @Boycie’s top tip if had it playing on YouTube through the car speakers, so didn’t miss too much. 

I didn’t expect to care too much about Justin Hawkins, he seemed like a bit of a random addition to the bill, but he was brilliant. Ac/dc was amazing. I kind of just thought some of these guys might be walking on the stage and giving a wave, but to hear back in black live. To see Bryan may live, to see Paul Mc-freaking-Cartney live. Oh my god!!

one of these days… I’m not crying, you’re crying. You could feel the catharsis when Dave was screaming into the mike after an emotional moment. I recently had to speak at my mums memorial, and just a couple of weekends ago saw my uncle choke up at my aunties memorial. And it’s horrible when you start to choke up, but you know you can get through it, the memories all just come flooding back like a tidal wave of emotion for a moment. It was so nice when the whole crowd could chant back ‘it’s alright’, and then Dave could scream back ‘Easy for you to say!!’. What a moment!!!

I absolutely love Dave grohl, and Taylor Hawkins. Loved the way Taylor always had a smile, and when you get all these rockers where black t-shirts and biting heads of backs, he was there in his vest and board shorts, and a massive smile on his face. They really seem like two of the worlds good guys. And I really feel for Dave that he’s lost Kurt and now Taylor. But then lots of people on that stage had lost people. It was nice that Bryan May reminisced that Freddie’s tribute was exactly 30 years ago in the same place.

what a night!!

my 12 year old daughter is sooooooo lucky she has the coolest parents on the planet (ok, too three after violet grohls parents and Shane Hawkins parents). And now she’s got the t-shirt to prove it. 

The day had been pretty s*** up to that point. I was exhausted after an all night bender in wakes, set off driving at 9am and didn’t arrive til 18:30. The derby result didn’t help. But that made it all better. Back at about 02:30, and I’m just starting to feel alive again. But 100% worth it. I wouldn’t change a thing. 

21 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

I got in just as yellow brick road gad been playing. But thanks to @Boycie’s top tip if had it playing on YouTube through the car speakers, so didn’t miss too much. 

I didn’t expect to care too much about Justin Hawkins, he seemed like a bit of a random addition to the bill, but he was brilliant. Ac/dc was amazing. I kind of just thought some of these guys might be walking on the stage and giving a wave, but to hear back in black live. To see Bryan may live, to see Paul Mc-freaking-Cartney live. Oh my god!!

one of these days… I’m not crying, you’re crying. You could feel the catharsis when Dave was screaming into the mike after an emotional moment. I recently had to speak at my mums memorial, and just a couple of weekends ago saw my uncle choke up at my aunties memorial. And it’s horrible when you start to choke up, but you know you can get through it, the memories all just come flooding back like a tidal wave of emotion for a moment. It was so nice when the whole crowd could chant back ‘it’s alright’, and then Dave could scream back ‘Easy for you to say!!’. What a moment!!!

I absolutely love Dave grohl, and Taylor Hawkins. Loved the way Taylor always had a smile, and when you get all these rockers where black t-shirts and biting heads of backs, he was there in his vest and board shorts, and a massive smile on his face. They really seem like two of the worlds good guys. And I really feel for Dave that he’s lost Kurt and now Taylor. But then lots of people on that stage had lost people. It was nice that Bryan May reminisced that Freddie’s tribute was exactly 30 years ago in the same place.

what a night!!

my 12 year old daughter is sooooooo lucky she has the coolest parents on the planet (ok, too three after violet grohls parents and Shane Hawkins parents). And now she’s got the t-shirt to prove it. 

The day had been pretty s*** up to that point. I was exhausted after an all night bender in wakes, set off driving at 9am and didn’t arrive til 18:30. The derby result didn’t help. But that made it all better. Back at about 02:30, and I’m just starting to feel alive again. But 100% worth it. I wouldn’t change a thing. 

Sounds like you had a hell of a mission to get there! We felt so lucky to be part of that, to see all those amazing artists was one thing but the emotion, warmth and love was incredible.

Sorry to hear about your Mum. I did eulogies at both my parents’ funerals and it was so tough, but I actually really enjoyed their funerals, especially my Dad’s. I spent the day and evening talking to all his old mates and hearing stories about him. I guess that must have been what it was like for the family yesterday times a million! It must have been amazing for them to be with all Taylor’s mates and see how many people loved him. And Shane did him proud on My Hero.

It was Times Like These that really got us. Did you know Dave lost his Mum a few weeks ago as well? I’m amazed he held it together as well as he did.

1 hour ago, Kinder said:

Sounds like you had a hell of a mission to get there! We felt so lucky to be part of that, to see all those amazing artists was one thing but the emotion, warmth and love was incredible.

Sorry to hear about your Mum. I did eulogies at both my parents’ funerals and it was so tough, but I actually really enjoyed their funerals, especially my Dad’s. I spent the day and evening talking to all his old mates and hearing stories about him. I guess that must have been what it was like for the family yesterday times a million! It must have been amazing for them to be with all Taylor’s mates and see how many people loved him. And Shane did him proud on My Hero.

It was Times Like These that really got us. Did you know Dave lost his Mum a few weeks ago as well? I’m amazed he held it together as well as he did.

I didn’t know that. That is tough.

I noticed the Olivia newton john tribute in the drums as well. That was a nice touch.

when Dave introduced Shane as he’d never seen anyone hit the drums harder, I thought it was hyperbole, but Jesus those drums new they’d been hit. It was an interesting rendition of My Hero, I’d have that at my dads funeral all day long, and it’s always struck me as a not a dry eye in the house kind of song in those circumstances. But there was so much energy behind it thanks to those drums that I almost didn’t recognise it at first. I love how most foo fighters songs can be played with different levels of energy and almost mean completely different things. You can get hard versions of ever king or soft acoustic versions, and they’re almost two different songs. And then they can mix them up and switch between styles mid song. I love foo fighters live for that, cos you never really know what you’re going to get. You can be totally used to hearing a song the way it was recorded on the album, and then you get this completely different live version.

I love the fact that all these big rock stars, covered in tattoos and long hair, dressed in black and raising hell, are all in absolute awe of the likes of Brian may, Paul McCartney and Stewart Copeland, who really don’t fit that same mould. I’ve got a friend who’s parents own the farm next to Roger Daltreys, and he pops in for cups of tea!

and I’ve just noticed, all these legends have really boring ordinary names. Brian, Roger, Paul, Stewart and Keith. You wouldn’t call your kid Keith and expect them to grow up to become an absolute legend of rock.

9 hours ago, TomBustler1884 said:

It was an incredible day, lucky to get tickets, and will never forget it.

Only downside was the prices inside the stadium - absolute disgrace. £7.50 a pint, £11 for a rum and Coke. 

Not that it had any impact on the whole thing, just ground my gears.

I’m kind of glad I was driving. Once I found my seat, I wasn’t budging. The haribos in my pocket were plenty for me. Although we did buy my daughter a £40 t-shirt. But I believe the proceeds of that went to charity, and it’s definitely a once in a lifetime t-shirt. 

11 hours ago, TomBustler1884 said:

It was an incredible day, lucky to get tickets, and will never forget it.

Only downside was the prices inside the stadium - absolute disgrace. £7.50 a pint, £11 for a rum and Coke. 

Not that it had any impact on the whole thing, just ground my gears.

Pretty standard for stadium concert drinks.  Did they charge you for a refillable cup too?

On 06/09/2022 at 09:00, Boycie said:

Pretty standard for stadium concert drinks.  Did they charge you for a refillable cup too?

No - cardboard cup for a pint of Budweiser that took 10 minutes to be poured into the cup from a can. It was Pride Park levels of beer incompetence.

Edited by TomBustler1884
more detail