How do you stop the knob eds running on the pitch?

Gritstone Ram

20 minutes ago, YouRams said:

image.thumb.png.80492435138462452a0e0283ce049f0f.png

And that's the worry, isn't it? 

We'll end up going back to the barriers and cages of the 80s if we're not careful. 

I can only presume it is because those idiots running on to pitches now have never experienced the discomfort and claustrophobia that causes.

Supporters and clubs have had an unspoken pact to honour the divide and keep our freedoms for several decades now but the kids breaking that risk spoiling it for the rest of us. 

It drove me right away from football before and would do so again if they return to caging us in.

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

And that's the worry, isn't it? 

We'll end up going back to the barriers and cages of the 80s if we're not careful. 

I can only presume it is because those idiots running on to pitches now have never experienced the discomfort and claustrophobia that causes.

Supporters and clubs have had an unspoken pact to honour the divide and keep our freedoms for several decades now but the kids breaking that risk spoiling it for the rest of us. 

It drove me right away from football before and would do so again if they return to caging us in.

Think a standard heavy fine across all leagues and a lifetime ban would stop it, if its someones child the parent gets the ban that would soon make them educate their kids and stop them running on, its been glorified by players giving out their shirts to them too much which is a big cause for it.

15 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

25 years ago, 7 match ban and warned about my future conduct, No "knob ed" 4th goal went in from Sunderland lost 0-5,  Lionel Pickering said on the day..."if Derby fans want to moan then go and watch Forest"

"no true fan would do it because they wouldn't want the ban that goes with it"

image.thumb.png.ebb68ae55ba9aea5f96e49895d481b41.png

What's a true fan?

Didn't realise you had been in Mean Machine?

image.thumb.png.f8343627275ca4ec3f5aee25d13b9fab.png

1 hour ago, Kathcairns said:

They used to have police dogs at some matches, usually the last match of the season. Those idiots that have run on would have second thoughts when seeing a dog straining to catch them.

In May 1987, Torquay United defender Jim McNichol was bitten in the thigh by a police dog during the final game of the season against Crewe Alexandra. This forced an extended injury time during which Torquay equalised, earning a point that helped avoid relegation. ?

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

I won't lie Alf, I thought you were being a bit of a drama queen that day, but I know allot of fans would have felt similar to you. 

I'm an outgoing person Crewton, I say what I mean and mean what I say, I've done things that others wished they would/could have done in my life, I play to the crowd at times, Had lots of friends and gained some enemys, But as Esther Rantzen said..."that's life" ?

Life now is a breaze, Retire very soon, Moving home and I treat everyday as tho it was my last, On my headstone it will say.

Here lies Alf, He loved to laugh and never took life to serious

He only Lived Once

29 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

In May 1987, Torquay United defender Jim McNichol was bitten in the thigh by a police dog during the final game of the season against Crewe Alexandra. This forced an extended injury time during which Torquay equalised, earning a point that helped avoid relegation. ?

Al Sayshun was a Torquay defender, With Ray Bees their midfield dynamo

15 hours ago, jono said:

I like restorative justice. They’d be painting pride park with a toothbrush or cleaning the visitors toilets with the likes of Buxton and CKR making sure they don’t slack 

There's always the option of having to cut the grass on the pitch with a pair of very small toenail clippers

Either that or be forced to go and sit in the Bridgford Stand at the $hitty Ground every other weekend

27 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Al Sayshun was a Torquay defender, With Ray Bees their midfield dynamo

Always had a soft spot for Torquay United ever since I holidayed at Pontins there in the 70's. I still have a replica Torquay home shirt and got a Torquay v Plymouth signed by Helen Chamberlin when the Soccer AM football team played a friendly at the BBG.

5 minutes ago, scout's dad said:

Always had a soft spot for Torquay United ever since I holidayed at Pontins there in the 70's. I still have a replica Torquay home shirt and got a Torquay v Plymouth signed by Helen Chamberlin when the Soccer AM football team played a friendly at the BBG.

I bumped into an old friend in Torquay at one of the Retaraunts by the habour where seagulls pinch your food, The friend was a good keeper, His Dad was from Eire and his Mum was a Native American, His name is Tom O'Hawk.

2 hours ago, Mihangel said:

Self policing is the only way - I assume most of them live in a corner of twitter where maybe they could be encouraged that it's a bad idea but I suspect that they, like most, will exist in an echo chamber among their cohorts. 

I think they are mainly too young to be on twitter