Campaign to get the Administrators to take the claims to court

IslandExile

24 minutes ago, WestKentRam said:

I find it hard to get my head around us getting sued by Boro and Wycombe in this way, but not putting a claim in against QPR for similar that occurred in 2013/14. I know I've read before that Mel Morris said he wouldn't pursue such a case, but is it too late, or would the administrators take it upon themselves to do so on behalf of the club and the creditors?

On the downside, of course a legal case like this would normally take a long time to deal with, and time is one thing we certainly don't have at the moment. On the other hand, can cases like this be taken in tandem so if we lost the case against Boro and WW then we would win the case against QPR for what I'd imagine should be a similar sum to help make the club more saleable?

Forget QPR, Villa posted a £68m loss when they beat us at Wembley. And based on Boro’s claim why can’t we also sue Wolves amongst others?

Take them to court… the EFL will be bricking it then.

12 minutes ago, Seth's left foot said:

Forget QPR, Villa posted a £68m loss when they beat us at Wembley. And based on Boro’s claim why can’t we also sue Wolves amongst others?

Take them to court… the EFL will be bricking it then.

QPR were the only team that were found to have broken FFP rules that directly involved us. However much it sticks in the throat given how we have been pursued, Villa's accounts were deemed above board, as were Wolves.

Leicester's 'miracle' of promotion in the same 13/14 season and then winning the Premier League is even more sickening to me given the story behind their finances behind this as per this article https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/feb/21/leicester-settlement-football-league-ffp I can hardly see the EFL and Derby coming out with a joint statement as the EFL did with Leicester then when they were fined the huge sum of £3.1m:

'The EFL and Leicester announced the £3.1m settlement in identical statements, which gave little detail about the issues considered. The statements made clear that: “In reaching the settlement, the EFL acknowledges that the club did not make any deliberate attempt to infringe the rules or to deceive and that the dispute arose out of genuine differences of interpretation of the rules between the parties.”' How nice.

So in 13/14  two of the three teams that were promoted ahead of us were found to have broken FFP rules, but now we are threatened with extinction for supposedly doing then same despite initially winning the case against the EFL.

1 hour ago, IslandExile said:

I know. I mentioned it in the preamble of my post. I am arguing we don't have the time or knowledge to crowd fund it.

The Administrators should be doing it.

Like many others, I am concerned about inconsistencies from the administrators. At the beginning of the process they stated that they would be transparent and keep the fans informed. Now they claim their silence is 'tactical'. How many times have they reneged on their promises to Rooney? What's wrong with being honest and up front about the situation?

No doubt a significant amount of the funds raised from player sales will be going towards Quantuma's ever increasing 'eye watering' fee. Which of course is 100% ring-fenced !

33 minutes ago, europia said:

Like many others, I am concerned about inconsistencies from the administrators. At the beginning of the process they stated that they would be transparent and keep the fans informed. Now they claim their silence is 'tactical'. How many times have they reneged on their promises to Rooney? What's wrong with being honest and up front about the situation?

TBH I wouldn't want them to give any information to the EFL, and so if they keep quiet at times, fair enough. But I wish they'd at least be more communicative with Rooney. Perhaps it wouldn't work though...

So with the latest kick in the teeth - Ebosele signing a pre-contract deal with Udinese/Watford - it makes me return to this thread.

I appreciate @Davidand @i-Ram arguing that the Administrators should be left alone to deal with this as they see fit.

But, for me, an uneducated, unaware, non-advised onlooker, they are playing a dangerous waiting game and, in the meantime, the foundations of our club's future are being taken away.

I cannot see the EFL, Boro, Wycombe, the creditors or the potential buyers shifting their positions.

It now is all down to the Administrators.

They are legally bound to get the best deal they can for the creditors. Surely that is through a buyer. They will only secure a buyer if the monetary value of Boro and Wycombe claims is determined. That can only be done by arbitration or, my preference, in a law court.

When are the Administrators going to proceed with this action? When?

Those with access to the Administrators (B & W together on Monday for example) need to press them for an answer to that.

And, if it's not forthcoming, those Administrators should be called out.

#SaveDerbyCounty

21 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

So with the latest kick in the teeth - Ebosele signing a pre-contract deal with Udinese/Watford - it makes me return to this thread.

I appreciate @Davidand @i-Ram arguing that the Administrators should be left alone to deal with this as they see fit.

But, for me, an uneducated, unaware, non-advised onlooker, they are playing a dangerous waiting game and, in the meantime, the foundations of our club's future are being taken away.

I cannot see the EFL, Boro, Wycombe, the creditors or the potential buyers shifting their positions.

They are legally bound to get the best deal they can for the creditors. Surely that is through a buyer. They will only secure a buyer if the monetary value of Boro and Wycombe claims is determined. That can only be done by arbitration or, my preference, in a law court.

Those with access to the Administrators (B & W together on Monday for example) need to press them for an answer to that.

#SaveDerbyCounty

I would recommend you take some time out. Q obviously met with EFL this week, which forced the EFL to make an announcement late yesterday afternoon. Now they have drawn their line, and actually invited Q to take action. Q will know what their next step is, and are probably in the course of taking it. We are not going to get a running commentary. I can’t see any update coming today, or over the weekend, so please try to chill out with friends and family.

Just now, i-Ram said:

I would recommend you take some time out. Q obviously met with EFL this week, which forced the EFL to make an announcement late yesterday afternoon. Now they have drawn their line, and actually invited Q to take action. Q will know what their next step is, and are probably in the course of taking it. We are not going to get a running commentary. I can’t see any update coming today, or over the weekend, so please try to chill out with friends and family.

I think Quantuma did say they expected to get a Court date this week, but maybe that was the new "imminent". 

They can't hang about though the clock is ticking fast now. 

Can we organise a fans forum get together with any supporters groups to try and come up with a plan of action and time table on what we can do as fans to help save the club. I have no faith in the EFL, Gibson is a chance who doesn't care if he liquidated Derby in the process to try and get a quid or two and the administrators are telling us nothing. We need to do something as fans and we need a structured measured approach.

#SaveDerbyCounty

6 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Thank you for your concern. I genuinely appreciate it. This is mental anguish for more than just myself though.

I do not know your background but you clearly have more confidence in the Administrators than I do. But, it's true, as we have discussed on a previous occasion, there's little I can do to directly affect the proceedings so I do have to just let them follow their course. That's not easy.

6 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Thank you for your concern. I genuinely appreciate it. This is mental anguish for more than just myself though.

I do not know your background but you clearly have more confidence in the Administrators than I do. But, it's true, as we have discussed on a previous occasion, there's little I can do to directly affect the proceedings so I do have to just let them follow their course. That's not easy.

I accept a great many are struggling with this situation, but as @Davidhas said before trying to find solace on the Internet is futile. Genuinely, take some time out and enjoy the weekend and everything the IOW has to offer ? 

5 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I accept a great many are struggling with this situation, but as @Davidhas said before trying to find solace on the Internet is futile. Genuinely, take some time out and enjoy the weekend and everything the IOW has to offer ? 

I would find solace in some comforting words from the Administrators but.....

5 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

This wants sending to the sports minister and all media outlets to call them out. We need the TV people to highlight this. 

2 hours ago, IslandExile said:

#SaveDerbyCounty

Sorry but I don't see what's changed, other than Boro have come out and made it clear they take issue with the stadium sale. Something which we was cleared on.

With regards to Festy Ebosele, not great is it, but the lad is out of contract in the summer, he is free to talk to clubs outside the UK. 

Even removing the embargo to allow us to offer him a new deal, put yourself in the players shoes for a minute.

1) Stay at Derby, unsure which league we're going to be in. A huge rebuild is needed.

2) Sign for Udinese, the club which has links to Watford. Chances are you will go straight out on loan to a club relegated with parachute payments before signing permanently in the following summer.

The cherry on the cake here is that with no transfer fee involved, and avoiding a tribunal to set any fee as it's outside the UK, Festy you can also demand a large signing on fee, plus you will be on Serie A wages.

Which are you taking?

20 minutes ago, David said:

Sorry but I don't see what's changed,

My desperation has deepened.

No blame attached to Ebosele whatsoever. I am sure we will lose more players even if this ends positively.

Like many though I'm sure, given the EFL and Boro statements, I feel it's now time for the Administrators to act.

Sorry, I do not share your patience.

11 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

My desperation has deepened.

No blame attached to Ebosele whatsoever. I am sure we will lose more players even if this ends positively.

Like many though I'm sure, given the EFL and Boro statements, I feel it's now time for the Administrators to act.

Sorry, I do not share your patience.

It's not patience, just a belief that Quantuma will be fully aware of what direction this must go in now.

Just not sure what you hope to achieve with a campaign to get Quantuma get going, unless you believe they are completley oblivious as to what is going on

If anything, the pressure must be reapplied on MP's as the EFL are placing themselves above the law of the land.

Quantuma are meeting with the SCG on Monday, hopefully we will hear something then, although Tuesday more likely as there have been delays recently in getting minutes approved.

1 minute ago, David said:

It's not patience, just a belief that Quantuma will be fully aware of what direction this must go in now.

Just not sure what you hope to achieve with a campaign to get Quantuma get going, unless you believe they are completley oblivious as to what is going on

If anything, the pressure must be reapplied on MP's as the EFL are placing themselves above the law of the land.

Quantuma are meeting with the SCG on Monday, hopefully we will hear something then, although Tuesday more likely as there have been delays recently in getting minutes approved.

I'm badly expressing myself. Maybe not a campaign, as such, but just information.

I just hope the supporters groups get some details of the Administrators' plans.

I confess I do not have very much confidence in the Administrators.

4 minutes ago, David said:

Just not sure what you hope to achieve with a campaign to get Quantuma get going, unless you believe they are completely oblivious as to what is going on...

Don't remember this, did it happen?

It’s clear to me that neither the EFL Boro nor Wycombe have any idea of reality.

The recent statements bear this out.

The EFL have asked for MSD to be at the meeting. MSD are owed money by Morris not the club.

Boro want the stadium sale looked into which has already been looked into and found compliant, the EFL accepted the findings.

Wycombe wanted the points deduction applied last season even though the disciplinary procedure was not completed until weeks after the start of this season. Any delays in filing accounts had the EFL’s blessing.

It’s cloud cuckoo land stuff. But for some unfathomable reason they actually believe this garbage has merit.

I just simply don’t understand. I think I’m intelligent enough. I passed my 11+ and went to grammar school but this whole saga has me baffled.