Campaign to get the Administrators to take the claims to court

IslandExile

17 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

I'm badly expressing myself. Maybe not a campaign, as such, but just information.

I just hope the supporters groups get some details of the Administrators' plans.

I confess I do not have very much confidence in the Administrators.

No longer in the SCG, I haven't been party to any of the meetings, same position as everybody else.

If it's true that they have ignored Wycombe and Boro thus far, that's a major ball dropped as even if they believe there is no merit, you have to at least hear them out.

It's not the only issue they have had to handle with the huge debts, agreeing a deal with HMRC etc.

I think it was @i-Ram that posted the average time a club spends in administration, we're still within that with the extra complications.

It's going to be a long weekend with no football, but let's see what they say to the SCG. I don't see how they can avoid confirming high court action is in process.

14 minutes ago, David said:

No longer in the SCG, I haven't been party to any of the meetings, same position as everybody else.

If it's true that they have ignored Wycombe and Boro thus far, that's a major ball dropped as even if they believe there is no merit, you have to at least hear them out.

It's not the only issue they have had to handle with the huge debts, agreeing a deal with HMRC etc.

I think it was @i-Ram that posted the average time a club spends in administration, we're still within that with the extra complications.

It's going to be a long weekend with no football, but let's see what they say to the SCG. I don't see how they can avoid confirming high court action is in process.

Oh, I will say this though, whilst you can argue legal reasons prevent full transparency with the fans, fully appreciate that, the way they have treated Rooney is abysmal.

When I heard that Rooney found out we had sold Plange via text from the club secretary, I just had to come off the internet.

The guy that’s holding this all together on the pitch, giving us hope which is seeing revenue brought into the club through ticket sales, you have to at least be open with him face to face, even if he has no say in the final decision. If you push him over the edge, this thing goes down without a fight. 

Without Rooney right now, we are in an even bigger mess.

Edited by David
An even bigger mess, thanks 1967Rams!

1 minute ago, David said:

Oh, I will say this though, whilst you can argue legal reasons prevent full transparency with the fans, fully appreciate that, the way they have treated Rooney is abysmal.

When I heard that Rooney found out we had sold Plange via text from the club secretary, I just had to come off the internet.

The guy that’s holding this all together on the pitch, giving us hope which is seeing revenue brought into the club through ticket sales, you have to at least be open with him face to face, even if he has no say in the final decision. If you push him over the edge, this thing goes down without a fight. 

Without Rooney right now, we are in a mess.

Assume you meant a bigger mess

17 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

It’s clear to me that neither the EFL Boro nor Wycombe have any idea of reality.

The recent statements bear this out.

The EFL have asked for MSD to be at the meeting. MSD are owed money by Morris not the club.

Boro want the stadium sale looked into which has already been looked into and found compliant, the EFL accepted the findings.

Wycombe wanted the points deduction applied last season even though the disciplinary procedure was not completed until weeks after the start of this season. Any delays in filing accounts had the EFL’s blessing.

It’s cloud cuckoo land stuff. But for some unfathomable reason they actually believe this garbage has merit.

I just simply don’t understand. I think I’m intelligent enough. I passed my 11+ and went to grammar school but this whole saga has me baffled.

Wycombe wanted the points deduction applied last season even though - even they they only got promoted on a PPG process which awarded them more points than you can actually get winning a game. 

I just simply don’t understand. I think I’m intelligent enough. I passed my 11+ and went to grammar school but this whole saga has me baffled - This.  Snap.  On all counts.  "Baffled" though doesn't even begin to explain how I feel.  

47 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

It’s clear to me that neither the EFL Boro nor Wycombe have any idea of reality.

The recent statements bear this out.

The EFL have asked for MSD to be at the meeting. MSD are owed money by Morris not the club.

Boro want the stadium sale looked into which has already been looked into and found compliant, the EFL accepted the findings.

Wycombe wanted the points deduction applied last season even though the disciplinary procedure was not completed until weeks after the start of this season. Any delays in filing accounts had the EFL’s blessing.

It’s cloud cuckoo land stuff. But for some unfathomable reason they actually believe this garbage has merit.

I just simply don’t understand. I think I’m intelligent enough. I passed my 11+ and went to grammar school but this whole saga has me baffled.

It seems to me that Gibson thinks he can get to Morris by driving Derby into liquidation. I am not sure he can but that appears to be the motivation.

29 minutes ago, David said:

Oh, I will say this though, whilst you can argue legal reasons prevent full transparency with the fans

Well, although the fans are not creditors in the traditional financial sense (though season ticket holders may be), we have all invested significant amounts into this football club, money sure, but much more than money.....our passion, our loyalty, our frayed nerves etc.

I understand there are limits to what they can say publicly but, nonetheless, I do think they owe the fans more updates than they are currently providing.

I wholeheartedly agree with you about their lack of communication with Rooney. That was appalling and I hope they have learnt from it. Someone has speculated that they may be trying to force Rooney out as a cost cutting exercise - that would be non-nonsensical if they are actually trying to sell the club. I hope there is no truth to it.

2 hours ago, David said:

Sorry but I don't see what's changed, other than Boro have come out and made it clear they take issue with the stadium sale. Something which we was cleared on.

With regards to Festy Ebosele, not great is it, but the lad is out of contract in the summer, he is free to talk to clubs outside the UK. 

Even removing the embargo to allow us to offer him a new deal, put yourself in the players shoes for a minute.

1) Stay at Derby, unsure which league we're going to be in. A huge rebuild is needed.

2) Sign for Udinese, the club which has links to Watford. Chances are you will go straight out on loan to a club relegated with parachute payments before signing permanently in the following summer.

The cherry on the cake here is that with no transfer fee involved, and avoiding a tribunal to set any fee as it's outside the UK, Festy you can also demand a large signing on fee, plus you will be on Serie A wages.

Which are you taking?

The bare faced cheek of the man! He didn’t do the “stadium sale” trick - he transferred a load of debt to one of his companies, which is a lot more questionable.

14 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

Wycombe wanted the points deduction applied last season even though - even they they only got promoted on a PPG process which awarded them more points than you can actually get winning a game. 

I just simply don’t understand. I think I’m intelligent enough. I passed my 11+ and went to grammar school but this whole saga has me baffled - This.  Snap.  On all counts.  "Baffled" though doesn't even begin to explain how I feel.  

You don't have to be physicist Stephen Hawking to understand what's going off, I failed my 11+, I failed the 1st exam to see if you were clever enough to take the 2nd, I went to a Secondry Modern School.

I was brought up on a Council eastate in Chaddesden, I know what extortion is, Demanding monies through threats, Stevie Wonder could see what's going off.

You don't entertain Bullies, I do know what you can do to them tho

7 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Well, although the fans are not creditors in the traditional financial sense (though season ticket holders may be), we have all invested significant amounts into this football club, money sure, but much more than money.....our passion, our loyalty, our frayed nerves etc.

I understand there are limits to what they can say publicly but, nonetheless, I do think they owe the fans more updates than they are currently providing.

I wholeheartedly agree with you about their lack of communication with Rooney. That was appalling and I hope they have learnt from it. Someone has speculated that they may be trying to force Rooney out as a cost cutting exercise - that would be non-nonsensical if they are actually trying to sell the club. I hope there is no truth to it.

My guess is and it is a complete guess, they walked in the door, found the claims and put them to one side, not believing them to be worthy of attention. Hence why we saw deadlines of end of January to complete the sale, yes there was a lot of debt with creditors, HMRC and the stadium, however HMRC was the only major obstacle they had to get over.

Once it became apparent the huge stumbling block was actually the claims from Boro and Wycombe as the EFL attempted to force us to settle with the clubs, the pressure on local MP’s and the media was growing.

The situation was being talked about in the House of Commons, maybe they felt that would be enough to see them stand down.

It wasn’t.

And now we’re here. I’m hoping that HMRC, the stadium all these things are wrapped up and this really is the final hurdle.

I could be way off, absolutely way off with this, and whilst I agree we are stakeholders, not sure how transparent they can be throughout this process without turning it into a public slanging match.

The EFL, Boro and Wycombe have gone all out on the attack pointing fingers, Quantuma have been more reserved in their approach and been careful not to get dragged into a war of words.

Anyhow, wish we had an actual game of football to watch, this is utterly draining the life out of all us now.

1 hour ago, David said:

Without Rooney right now, we are in an even bigger mess.

Well said !! I think they way the have treated Rooney is appualing too. He is by far the most important person at the club at the moment holding it together, galvanising the team and liaising with the fans.

16 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

You don't have to be physicist Stephen Hawking to understand what's going off, I failed my 11+, I failed the 1st exam to see if you were clever enough to take the 2nd, I went to a Secondry Modern School.

I was brought up on a Council eastate in Chaddesden, I know what extortion is, Demanding monies through threats, Stevie Wonder could see what's going off.

You don't entertain Bullies, I do know what you can do to them tho

Soz - wasn't meant to be a "look at me I went to Grammar school so must be more clever than you" type thing.  TBH, I aced the 11+, went to Grammar thinking what a clever boy, then had a huge reality check realising that I was barely average.  Some of my classmates did actually go on to become Hawkins type people in real life.  I barely scraped 5 O'levels and 3 CSEs together in the end.  But hey, I've done alright through hard work and determination and not because I went to a certain school.  Oh, and I was bullied there too, for being short and overweight.  Like you say we all know what to do to bullies - I cracked one day and fought back.  I was never bullied again.  

I only hope we do the same to those who are bullying us now.  ?

18 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

Soz - wasn't meant to be a "look at me I went to Grammar school so must be more clever than you" type thing.  TBH, I aced the 11+, went to Grammar thinking what a clever boy, then had a huge reality check realising that I was barely average.  Some of my classmates did actually go on to become Hawkins type people in real life.  I barely scraped 5 O'levels and 3 CSEs together in the end.  But hey, I've done alright through hard work and determination and not because I went to a certain school.  Oh, and I was bullied there too, for being short and overweight.  Like you say we all know what to do to bullies - I cracked one day and fought back.  I was never bullied again.  

That never entered my head, What I was getting at is you don't have to be educated to see what that arse in Cleveland is upto, So no appologies aye ?

I too have done well out of life through hard work and a bit of dealing in shares, And used what life has taught me over these years.

I did too clump a youth who was bullying myself way back in the mid 70s, Served time for it too, Came out with a huge chip on my shoulder, I was never bullied again, Bullying Bullies I enjoyed, Better than eating my Mums trifle or Black Forest Gateaux.

1 minute ago, Unlucky Alf said:

That never entered my head, What I was getting at is you don't have to be educated to see what that arse in Cleveland is upto, So no appologies aye ?

I too have done well out of life through hard work and a bit of dealing in shares, And used what life has taught me over these years.

I did too clump a youth who was bullying myself way back in the mid 70s, Served time for it too, Came out with a huge chip on my shoulder, I was never bullied again, Bullying Bullies I enjoyed, Better than eating my Mums trifle or Black Forest Gateaux.

??

Been a looong week work-wise - clearly feeling sensitive!  ?

3 hours ago, BucksRam said:

Are you me, Bucks Ram? I went to GRammar School, and got the same reality check, but didn't realise it till years later. I got 8 O-levels, and always put the grades on my CVs, until I realised they were all low grades, announcing me to potential employers as distinctly average! Ironically, like Unlucky Alf, I grew up in Chaddo as well!