Things that annoy me that should annoy me

sage

9 hours ago, Grumpy Git said:

Seeing as you’ve made a typo, no thanks. ?

Sorry, didn’t I mention there would be an additional charge for actually completing the damn things for you and proof reading them? The initial fee only covers explaining the forms and the decisions you need to make ?

Edited by Tamworthram

20 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Car manufacturers who have removed physical buttons and knobs in favour of touchscreen controls. For everything.

How is that more user friendly or safer, to have to take your eyes off the road to use the screen?!

Was looking at a newish Honda the other day , parked next to me. Couldn't work out why it looked odd. Then twigged there are no wing mirrors ?. All now down to cameras, and two small screens at either edge of the dashboard.

5 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

People who mysteriously pronounce a mythical letter "x", when trying to say the word "Espresso".   Duck off!

Just as infuriating as those who insist on calling the letter aitch "Haitch", when verbally spelling out my surname!  Duck off again!  

so you’re H?

On 23/09/2022 at 09:56, JoetheRam said:

People who think that "99's" were so named because they were 99p and who complain that they should now be called £1.75's or whatever.

I had a "69" but the flake was melted, Not nice when you get chocolate up ya nose ?

When you spend over a month deciding whether it's the right thing to do, to apply for a certain new job. Finally apply for said job and then the company goes bust the day after.

Yes I know I may have dodged a bullet but it's still annoying.

7 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

When you spend over a month deciding whether it's the right thing to do, to apply for a certain new job. Finally apply for said job and then the company goes bust the day after.

Was it the financial advisor's company behind Kwasi Kwartengs fiscal policy last Friday?

5 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Worse is when you apply for a job, even get invited to interview and then they say ‘unfortunately we are no longer recruiting the role’ 

On 24/09/2022 at 18:35, Mucker1884 said:

Just as infuriating as those who insist on calling the letter aitch "Haitch", when verbally spelling out my surname!  Duck off again!  

In Northern Ireland Catholics pronounce it haitch, Protestants pronounce it aitch. I'm old enough to remember when you didn't want to upset that lot.

When you queue for 40 minutes for a booster jab, having had an email and a text requesting you book a slot as a clinically vunerable person

After a further 10 minutes conference, told that you're not actually eligible for one yet, and to come back at a later date. 

1 hour ago, Rev said:

When you queue for 40 minutes for a booster jab, having had an email and a text requesting you book a slot as a clinically vunerable person

After a further 10 minutes conference, told that you're not actually eligible for one yet, and to come back at a later date. 

Can't get my head around the over 70's getting priority over people still working, does my nut in.

I got asked to go for my annual check-up but was working abroad. When I got home and called to make the appointment I was told in no uncertain terms "we've started doing the flu-jab, so there are no slots for the next 24 months", (I lied a bit at the end of that sentence). ?