Huddersfield Town (A) Matchday Thread

Ghost of Clough

8 minutes ago, CollyerDCFC said:

Sounds like Jozwiak could be out for a while with this injury listening to WR press conference.

That is a shame for Jozwiak as he linked up well and played some of his best games for us when Bielik returned briefly last season.

However, this is a chance for Ebosele to cement his place in the first XI and Ebiowei has been in fine form for the U18s and U23s.

4 hours ago, enachops said:

That midfield screams defeat. Watson not done enough to warrant a start, no where near the first 11 for me. Bird has been decent, looks jaded but has been one of our best players this season. 

We’re losing control of possession in midfield and (Bielik aside most likely) we don’t have the killer pass from midfield into the runners - Morrison has disappointed on that score  though when playing deeper he helps control the ball. Watson has good creative skills and shows high energy (albeit not quite the amount Tommo and Knight put out). I don’t think he’s disappointed when we’ve seen him. He’s just not had a decent chance   

I agree by the way that giving Watson a start just now is risky. But I really can’t understand why Rooney didn’t use the FA cup to give him a chance 

1 hour ago, 2 Wellies said:

Ey up all haven't posted on here in a while.  Just took a quick goose at Udders and had a closer look at Bowyer's comments about us.

https://2wellies.com/

Hope we can step it up after the last two performances, if we have any players left.

Thank you for your analysis. When he’s fully fit, where do you think Bielik should be playing  ?

Centre Forward at the moment.... only half joking.

Anchoring the MF for me either alongside Bird or on his tod, I think, with the one HM covering as the other goes off on a jolly.  I think he can be cover if Stearman or Davies gets injured but agree with Roo, he's not a CB.

Also the potential to be more defensive with a central 3

..........TL......Plange......Knight.......

..Thompson.......Bielik.......Bird....

I don't know though haven't seen how him and Bird work together, just my guess.  Roo might have other ideas.  Happy to have him back though.

4 minutes ago, 2 Wellies said:

Centre Forward at the moment.... only half joking.

Anchoring the MF for me either alongside Bird or on his tod, I think, with the one HM covering as the other goes off on a jolly.  I think he can be cover if Stearman or Davies gets injured but agree with Roo, he's not a CB.

Also the potential to be more defensive with a central 3

..........TL......Plange......Knight.......

..Thompson.......Bielik.......Bird....

I don't know though haven't seen how him and Bird work together, just my guess.  Roo might have other ideas.  Happy to have him back though.

interesting point that if Curtis or Stearman get crocked, Bielik could step in. Fozzy is another option but can’t quite see that working and you take a big risk with the youngsters. Wish Menghi was with us.  

When we’re in possession, Bird has suffered from Jags’ departure because he is not getting quality ball from the back and his lack of pace means he’s immediately under pressure if he’s feeding off scraps. And that’s despite his very good technique. But we’ve seen Bird’s quality earlier in the season and the combination of him and Bielik is intriguing. Maybe that’s the question - is it Bielik for Bird or Bielik and Bird? Ultimately it turns on how you think we are most likely to score goals. 

I’d like to see Stearman, Curtis and Fozzy at the back and Bielik as high attacking midfield. Go for it 

Allstop 

Stearman  Curtis  Fozzie 

Byrne[Joz]                                           Festy

Knight                    Bird

Bielik

Plange                            Lawrence