Fans March Sunday v Birmingham

therams69

3 hours ago, CBRammette said:

Not living in Derby is the march getting much of a buzz in Derby? 
also if a14 is being the a14 and we're not early enough to avoid road closures does anyone have a suggestion on where may be best to join? May be just walk it backwards from usual parking until we meet the march? Need a contingency plan!

As it's a matchday, we won't be doing Muckerette's favourite Sunday hobby, of going of for a trek/hike somewhere, so she's just put her hand up to stroll into town with me, join in the march, then amble off back home when I go into the game.  (She has been to a fair few games before, but she's not overly fussed, so she's turned down the offer of a late matchday ticket).

I personally know 7 people... all adults... who are joining the march in support, and yet have never attended a football match in their lives, and nor will they be attending this one!  There purely for the march, and purely to add their support "to the cause".

Whilst technically that may not add up to a buzz, I'd say there's certainly a hum! 

...And the weather forecast is looking most favourable, for those who may be on the cusp.
I'm beginning to think this may actually be considerably bigger than many of us expected/hoped!  Let's hope so!

???

1 hour ago, Ramfambo said:

Is there a collection bin? Happy to throw a note or two in to help cover costs of any flags, parking, club donation or towards the incoming forest fine. If not I'll spend it in the shop and tell them to put the item back on the shelf if that money goes directly to the club.

Club only gets 5% from shop sales. So better off spending elsewhere within the ground or tickets for other games. 

3 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

I'm so disappointed i won't be able to get to the march on time and so is my son. He's playing for his team in the Burton junior league in the morning. Hoping we can get over in time to catch some of it. If they are meeting at 11.30 what time will they set off?

I believe the march is starting at 11:30 sharp.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

2 hours ago, Curtains said:

Are we all gathering at Market Place.  Will they be enough room .

I saw my mate the other day. 
He said that he'd looked down Market Place way.
So I asked, "Did it look gloomy?"
"No, but it did look quite Roomy."

Quite Roomy... Quite Roomy... No but it did look quite roomy...

19 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I believe the march is starting at 11:30 sharp.

I had seen that and also meet at 11.30. I think the organizers (and the Police) are going to be surprised by how many people turn up. I think it could many thousands. So not all will be able to leave at the same time