Seating advice - sons first game experience

Derbados

12 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

In defence of west stand upper

1. It does not smell of urine, I assume that was a not too subtle dig at the average age of the season ticket holders there

2. You do not have to apologise for the bad language and obscene chants, as per the south stand

3. there is no chance of getting hit by a coked up loser

4. You can get a drink and a pie easily in the concourse

5. You can get to the toilets easily

6. You get plenty of cardiac exercise climbing about 70 steps to get to your seat

7. You can sit feeling smug in the fact that you are contributing more, given the price of your season ticket  to the club

8. You get the best view in the ground.

Number 8 is what clinches it for me - great view.

11 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

In defence of west stand upper

1. It does not smell of urine, I assume that was a not too subtle dig at the average age of the season ticket holders there

2. You do not have to apologise for the bad language and obscene chants, as per the south stand

3. there is no chance of getting hit by a coked up loser

4. You can get a drink and a pie easily in the concourse

5. You can get to the toilets easily

6. You get plenty of cardiac exercise climbing about 70 steps to get to your seat

7. You can sit feeling smug in the fact that you are contributing more, given the price of your season ticket  to the club

8. You get the best view in the ground.

Apart from the west stand is the same price as the east stand.

East stand,centre or towards the north stand.

All the benefits of the west stand i.e little standing up in front your lad,blocking his view /inflatable penises hitting him on the head/foul language in his left ear but with the added benefit of not wondering if you have turned up at either a wake or the Derby home for the permanently bewildered.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

17 hours ago, Simo said:

Taking my son to his first game on Sunday against Birmingham - is there any where that people would suggest is the best spot for a kids first experience at PP? I'm thinking West Stand, near the South Stand so he can experience the atmosphere. Not sure whether Upper or Lower though. 

South-West Upper is where you’re describing. Great view and next to South Stand atmosphere. I took my sons at age 6; they’re now 28 and 19 and die-hard Derby. 

087C7AE6-2A5D-4046-B5B6-5453D8412491.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

South-West Upper is where you’re describing. Great view and next to South Stand atmosphere. I took my sons at age 6; they’re now 28 and 19 and die-hard Derby. 

087C7AE6-2A5D-4046-B5B6-5453D8412491.jpeg

Bit rude of them to make you sit on another row. 

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

Bit rude of them to make you sit on another row. 

Actually, they are a lot ruder to me than that @Crewton!  They're both very good footballers themselves and have a very deep knowledge and understanding of the game.  Edward also has a nice claim to fame in that he led out the Team on De-Forestation Day...he still describes it as "the best day of my life - so far!"

deforestation day.jpg

I take my two to the games (8 and 11). They've been going for 3 years and we sit in the West Upper.

Great view and my daughter says "everyone is nice where we sit".

If you sit in WU-M you leave by the main entrance so your son will see the trophy cabinet on his way out.