Seating advice - sons first game experience

Derbados

Missed your post that you've already bought the tickets. I've got a great video of my son's first match when he was 5 - walking up the steps and seeing the pitch for the first time. His face lights up like a firework.

He did ask why he couldn't hear the players names - he was talking about the commentary ?

57 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Actually, they are a lot ruder to me than that @Crewton!  They're both very good footballers themselves and have a very deep knowledge and understanding of the game.  Edward also has a nice claim to fame in that he led out the Team on De-Forestation Day...he still describes it as "the best day of my life - so far!"

deforestation day.jpg

I led the team out for the FA Cup win against Wigan in 2005. I'm 99% sure they used a second worth of me running out onto the pitch for the intro on Sky Sports Football or The Championship or something like that for a few years. ?

On 22/01/2022 at 17:42, Derbados said:

taking my son (6) to his first ever game

Bloody brilliant,still remember taking my eldest to his first game.

Hope you have a brilliant time,I wouldn’t trust any advice I could give you on where to sit.

I would fill his pockets full of sweets and contraband though.

2 hours ago, Coneheadjohn said:

Bloody brilliant,still remember taking my eldest to his first game.

Hope you have a brilliant time,I wouldn’t trust any advice I could give you on where to sit.

I would fill his pockets full of sweets and contraband though.

Cheers pal, yes pockets will be fully lined!!

@Derbados might be worth contacting the club about what they do nowadays for first time Rams. I think at one time you used to get a picture with Rammie/Eweie, certificate and your name on the scoreboard at half time.

This may have changed due to Covid but worth a shot anyway if it enhances your lads day. Hope you both have a great day anyway and we hopefully get a win for you too. 

58 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

@Derbados might be worth contacting the club about what they do nowadays for first time Rams. I think at one time you used to get a picture with Rammie/Eweie, certificate and your name on the scoreboard at half time.

This may have changed due to Covid but worth a shot anyway if it enhances your lads day. Hope you both have a great day anyway and we hopefully get a win for you too. 

Derby sent my boy some things (pencil case, rubber, pencil and a signed photo of his favourite player (Harry Wilson). The ticket to his first match was free. It was a scheme called future Rams. Not sure if they still do it.

Go to the tent where the Ram is and you might get a free flag too.

18 hours ago, Derbados said:

Thanks all for the responses and suggestions. Booked the East stand in the end and looks like attendance will be good and the atmosphere will be lively.

I’m so excited to take him, I’ve been waiting for this moment from the day he was born.

This is a right of passage.  

Enjoy the atmosphere at the moment is as good as I have known it. Taken my 3 Grandsons to several games recently aged 6/7/9 and they love it especially the eldest soaks it all in and then wants to attend the next home game having read the details on the boards around the stadium. Been in the North high up and central and it has at times been too loud for the younger ones!!!! Their ears are more sensitive.

Just now, CBRammette said:

So what was your son's verdict @Derbados? I hope you stayed to the end

He absolutely loved it! Watching his face light up when he climbed the steps for the first time will stay with me for the rest of my life. 

We stayed until the very end and he’s already asking when we can go again!

one proud dad / rams fan

Took my lad to the game today too - first ever Derby game. Like Derbados said, seeing their face light up when seeing the pitch was worth the ticket price. 

We were sat in West Stand Upper - close to the South Stand. Atmosphere was absolutely fantastic. By the time we kicked off he was already joining in with the chants, and went ducking wild both times we scored.

Think I've successfully created a new Derby County fan for (hopefully) years to come.

Edited by Simo