Boro forum theory

Gordamn

Having read the boro forum which is pretty similar to every football forum in terms of characters I came across this.

Does anyone know if there is any truth in this? Would this go someway to explain SG's motivation? Would maybe partly explain despite the bad press why he won't relent as can kick MM one more time.

I think the key to this may be the debt to MSD Holdings, approx £20m, which carries a personal guarantee from Mel Morris. My understanding, as a layperson, is that liquidation would trigger that liability i.e. MSD can come after MM personally. MSD is, in practice, Michael Dell of Dell Computers, who is worth about $60 billion. This is the situation that MM wishes to avoid - personal liability to someone out of his weight division. He is therefore under pressure to reach an agreement with Boro and Wycombe to avoid liquidation and leave the liabilities with DCFC. Gibbo knows this and is keeping the pressure on.

1 minute ago, Gordamn said:

Having read the boro forum which is pretty similar to every football forum in terms of characters I came across this.

Does anyone know if there is any truth in this? Would this go someway to explain SG's motivation? Would maybe partly explain despite the bad press why he won't relent as can kick MM one more time.

I think the key to this may be the debt to MSD Holdings, approx £20m, which carries a personal guarantee from Mel Morris. My understanding, as a layperson, is that liquidation would trigger that liability i.e. MSD can come after MM personally. MSD is, in practice, Michael Dell of Dell Computers, who is worth about $60 billion. This is the situation that MM wishes to avoid - personal liability to someone out of his weight division. He is therefore under pressure to reach an agreement with Boro and Wycombe to avoid liquidation and leave the liabilities with DCFC. Gibbo knows this and is keeping the pressure on.

Probs yes - its personal isnt it

Whatever it is, it’s certainly between Mel and Gibson. I’m more inclined to think Mel is determind for Gibson not to get a penny from Derby County whether it’s from him or in the form of a new owner. So this is where this deadlock is really lying. 

Either Morris gives up and allows for the new buyers to come to an arrangement with Boro / wycombe. Or they back down - if neither blink they both have to live with destroying a football club and they and the EFL should all be investigated by a government enquiry for the parts they have all played. 

9 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

I wouldn’t entertain the baalocks on their forum. I’m surprised some can put a sentence together.

Their fans are no different to us or any other fans. SG and MM are the children of women with negotiable virtues. 

2 minutes ago, I know nuffin said:

In some ways Gibson has all the cards. Currently he is getting nothing. He can push us right to the edge trying to get something but if he pushes that bit more we are over the edge, liquidated, and he gets nothing situation unchanged

Not quite. In that scenario Mel has to pay off MSD. Hence, Pube-head has a vested interest in seeing us liquidated.

The problem with that theory is that the stadium is collateral in a deal between Mel and MSD and that is not subject to any administration process.  If we go under Mel still owns the stadium along with MSD. He could go ahead with plans to make it a covered arena for entertainment events and conventions. It”ll rival the NEC. The stadium would still be viable even if it wasn’t a football ground.

15 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

The problem with that theory is that the stadium is collateral in a deal between Mel and MSD and that is not subject to any administration process.  If we go under Mel still owns the stadium along with MSD. He could go ahead with plans to make it a covered arena for entertainment events and conventions. It”ll rival the NEC. The stadium would still be viable even if it wasn’t a football ground.

He’s have to pay a lot of money to get a roof out on though 

43 minutes ago, Gordamn said:

This seems likely given Gibson’s open letter had the MSD deal as point 1 that he had a bee in his bonnet about. 

So the working theory is, that your owner is trying to force the liquidation of a founding member of the league, entirely because he has a personal issue with a previous owner of the club.   Surely that's the point where the right-minded fans start thinking, maybe our owner is in the wrong here, maybe he's more than a little unhinged, right? Right?

12 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

So the working theory is, that your owner is trying to force the liquidation of a founding member of the league, entirely because he has a personal issue with a previous owner of the club.   Surely that's the point where the right-minded fans start thinking, maybe our owner is in the wrong here, maybe he's more than a little unhinged, right? Right?

The smooth brained of Middlesbrough might not be up to the advanced thinking of "Mel Morris being in the wrong to a large extent does not necessarily mean Steve Gibson's actions in this are in the right"

And I think the realisation that "Steve Gibson could act differently for the benefit of others but chooses not to" isn't a mark of how "good" Steve Gibson is at things might just break their tiny minds.