Pragmatic Solutions wanted

IslandExile

13 minutes ago, AutoWindscreens said:

Very satisfying. No doubt vindicating your decision to watch it instead of contemplating how to satisfy Gibson.

I can’t satisfy Gibson buddy. Hopefully Quantuma can nullify him, and then someone will buy us. There you go, me being at my pragmatic best.

I have spent my career in the world of commercial disputes and how to solve them. If I was the preferred bidder ( and I hear on the grapevine it is Ashley) I would get my lawyers to delve into the potential claims against us and, assuming they are as frivolous and vexatious as they appear to be, I would say to the Administrators that the claims do have substance but I am prepared to take the risk on board, but at a reduced purchase price, buy the club and then tell Middlesbrough and Wycombe to litigate against us. Then we would see how much faith they have in their cases.

1 minute ago, Bigfella said:

I have spent my career in the world of commercial disputes and how to solve them. If I was the preferred bidder ( and I hear on the grapevine it is Ashley) I would get my lawyers to delve into the potential claims against us and, assuming they are as frivolous and vexatious as they appear to be, I would say to the Administrators that the claims do have substance but I am prepared to take the risk on board, but at a reduced purchase price, buy the club and then tell Middlesbrough and Wycombe to litigate against us. Then we would see how much faith they have in their cases.

How would you stop the EFL becoming involved, after all last time they caved under Boro's pressure and said sue Derby not us, according to @Ghost of Clough?

4 minutes ago, Bigfella said:

Makes sense, but this would go to arbitration. No buyer is running the risk of another kangaroo court.

1 minute ago, StaffsRam said:

Makes sense, but this would go to arbitration. No buyer is running the risk of another kangaroo court.

Doesn’t really matter if it’s arbitration or litigation the premise still stands. Admittedly arbitration is often called rough justice, as rogue decisions can be made but in my experience you cannot prove any case based on what potentially could have happened. A case has to be based on definite loss not wishful thinking.

1 minute ago, jimtastic56 said:

Running round screaming DUCK OFF will solve nothing. 2 weeks to doomsday and it’s time for cool heads. Hope we don’t regret letting Kitchener go. Mel has got to come back to the table.

If he ever really left but yep all boils down to him I think. All realistic practical solutions end up back with him - apologies, indemnities, stadium to sweeten deal, money, etc. I should be beyond this now with all that has happened but I just cant believe he is prepared to let us be liquidated. I suspect Gibson doesnt either!

2 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Sell all the players and seek compensation for the manager? Cut costs by scrapping the academy?

How are we going to do it otherwise?

Quantum appear to have thrown the last role of the proverbial administration dice in going for a 'cross class cram' restructuring. The only way to literally give Boro and Wycombe nothing.

If that doesn't work. I see it being exactly as you say above keeping the academy until last. Sell the kitchen sink as we cant pay their claims and I don't see boro or Wycombe backing down.

If we win in court great. If we lose we just liquidate anyway.

Having a chance of living in an empty house is better than being homeless.

Luckily I don't work as a negotiator.

Edited by kingsy1884

51 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

there are just too many of a certain type of male involved for this to be sorted sensibly. Perhaps each party could send their Angie-equivalent to meet up and agree a way out. And dont call me sexist with all the garbage us female forum members quietly let go!!!

Are you talking about the boob gifs or all the adverts for scantily clad Eastern European lonely hearts?

1 hour ago, CBRammette said:

there are just too many of a certain type of male involved for this to be sorted sensibly. Perhaps each party could send their Angie-equivalent to meet up and agree a way out. And dont call me sexist with all the garbage us female forum members quietly let go!!!

I have long been of the opinion that if the relevant parties were all female we'd have sorted it by now and be sat gossiping about who's going to win AFCON over a bottle of wine! 

29 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Are you talking about the boob gifs or all the adverts for scantily clad Eastern European lonely hearts?

Didnt David say the ads were now personalised!!! ?I am talking about a certain tapping fingers lady who appears a lot which I know will now mean people will reply to this alot but you all need cheering up so whatever!!

4 minutes ago, angieram said:

I have long been of the opinion that if the relevant parties were all female we'd have sorted it by now and be sat gossiping about who's going to win AFCON over a bottle of wine! 

Yes but not telling them we'd sorted it out so until 30 Jan so we could have a few more gossip sessions! 

15 minutes ago, angieram said:

That and all the world's problems..... Climate change, poverty and war.

You only have to look at how fantastic NZ's Jacinda Ardern is to see what could be possible.

The most obvious solution would be to tell Boro and Wycombe they are not football creditors, simple as that. Although we know that the EFL want to avoid their own court battle with Gibson so highly unlikely to happen.

Next would be to simply accept both claims and agree a compensation deal, although I would be strongly against this as I feel this club doesn't owe either a penny.

The EFL could accept responsibility for the way they have handled the entire mess, publicly apologise to ourselves, Boro and Wycombe, agree to a compensation deal with both Boro and Wycombe under an agreement which sees them withdraw all claims against us prior to this season. 

For me, this would be the best solution, all 3 clubs will have what they want and let's be honest, some great PR after the battering they have taken in the House of Commons today.

They could go a step further and welcome the fan led review, open the doors to Tracey Crouch and begin discussions on how to improve the way football is governed, accept they are not capable of running this thing alone.

Will Birch and Parry be willing to go down this route, I'm not so sure, but when you look at all the possible options, this is the only one that would be mutually agreeable to by all 3 clubs.

2 hours ago, Bigfella said:

The problem with that is there isn't a negotiatiable purchase price. There's a price which gives the different classes of creditors the relevant minimum repayment to get a CVA agreed and fulfill the EFL rules to avoid further punishments. That price appears to be significantly higher than anyone is ready to pay. 

The administrators aren't selling the club, they're trying to find someone to pay off a load of debt.