Pragmatic Solutions wanted

IslandExile

57 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

That and all the world's problems..... Climate change, poverty and war.

You only have to look at how fantastic NZ's Jacinda Ardern is to see what could be possible.

It would go well with me until there were boots (shoes not the shop) sales to distract! 

QPR received a fine from the EFL for breaching ffp when they were relegated back into the championship. Presumably the EFL kept this money. How about this money is split between Derby Middlesbrough and WW divided up by how many games each club has played in the championship since they were relegated.

3 hours ago, CBRammette said:

Will never happen but how about a proper public apology from Mel as a start. Costs nothing but Mel's pride. Sometimes people look as if money is everything but it really isnt as its got too personal to them. 

Or Mel personally offers an amount representing playoff profit to Gibson in full and final settlement of this and any future claim against Derby. Also offers an amount to Wycombe. Saves the club he loves (?) and the legal costs to the club.

but this is personal and Mel needs to face up to it and help

It's not realistic. Mel is probably hiding in the US somewhere and he will have no care in the world to what he has done. 

Realistically, it'll be the sale of a few players with knight being on of them as he is probably the most valuable. The tickets sales for the remaining games will probably cover the rest.  

I don't understand WW claim. Couhig says according to BBC - If the points deduction had been applied last season, then Derby and not Wycombe would have been playing in the third tier this campaign. "Only one club was hurt as a result of that, and that was Wycombe, which fell short by one point to Derby," Couhig added.

Surely that means that their legal action should be against efl, because they are the ones that decided not to levy the penalty points last season (imho because they thought we would be relegated anyway and wanted to save the points to use to stop us bouncing straight back to set example) If they had inflicted the 9 points last season undoubtedly we would have gone down and WW would have stayed up. Surely efl's decision is what made the difference.

14 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Request special permission to sell season tickets for next season. I imagine this could be pushed through with the help of MPs?

Surely that, along with match day tickets for the remainder of the season will be enough?

I don't see a problem with this if fans waive the right to refunds. 

1 hour ago, rufus said:

I don't understand WW claim. Couhig says according to BBC - If the points deduction had been applied last season, then Derby and not Wycombe would have been playing in the third tier this campaign. "Only one club was hurt as a result of that, and that was Wycombe, which fell short by one point to Derby," Couhig added.

Surely that means that their legal action should be against efl, because they are the ones that decided not to levy the penalty points last season (imho because they thought we would be relegated anyway and wanted to save the points to use to stop us bouncing straight back to set example) If they had inflicted the 9 points last season undoubtedly we would have gone down and WW would have stayed up. Surely efl's decision is what made the difference.

It was actually the LAP, who sent the case back to the original DC to determine sanctions, who effectively scuppered any last chance for the PD to be applied last season. 

If it had been left to the EFL, it WOULD have been applied last season (hence their decision to issue dual fixture lists). See also the SWFC Sanction Tribunal from 2020 for relevant precedent that undermines Couhig's case completely. 

We need short term funding, to finish the season. I know people have come up with the idea of selling next year's season tickets, but I fear that this may come with various problems, legally and how much people would be prepared to pay.

My suggestion is that the administrators sell us gift vouchers, which can be redeemed against megastore purchases and/or next year's season tickets. Fans could then pay as much as they can afford to lose, if it came to the worst, but hopefully be just paying in advance for next years season ticket and/or megastore vouchers for birthday/ xmas presents.

This could be implemented very quickly and relatively simply, I for one would be prepared to buy sufficient vouchers to cover my season ticket renewal, others may feel they cannot afford so much, but would be willing to buy £10, £50, £100 or any other sum.

Thoughts?

21 hours ago, angieram said:

I have long been of the opinion that if the relevant parties were all female we'd have sorted it by now and be sat gossiping about who's going to win AFCON over a bottle of wine! 

Yeah because females in power never exhibit exactly the same power hungry characteristics that can be turbocharged by ego's, vendettas, and a feeling of one's superiority do they... 

11 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Convince Gibson and mini-Gibson into dropping claims against Derby and start new ones against the EFL instead

They won't do that because should they win the EFL don't pay, their members do and they won't risk the unpopularity.  They might if were liquidated, then they can finish of half of League 2 as well who won't get money they need.

1 hour ago, Leeds Ram said:

Yeah because females in power never exhibit exactly the same power hungry characteristics that can be turbocharged by ego's, vendettas, and a feeling of one's superiority do they... 

Most females get into power by aping their male counterparts, they have to play the game you see.

1 minute ago, CBRammette said:

Thatcher apparently got her way using feminine wiles and flirting with colleagues and Ronnie Reagan. 

She also had a massive ego, a feeling of superiority over the 'wets' and held vendetta's against cabinet members too. It's almost as if the roles that people play often determine their actions more than characteristics such as sex. 

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Most females get into power by aping their male counterparts, they have to play the game you see.

Don't  necessarily disagree with that, although as reference by Haidt females often have just as strong if not stronger culture of disempowering rivals through malicious methods that can be witnessed. My point was basically pretending that if it were women behind the table everything would be hunky dory doesn't really stand up to much if any scrutiny. 

1 minute ago, Leeds Ram said:

Don't  necessarily disagree with that, although as reference by Haidt females often have just as strong if not stronger culture of disempowering rivals through malicious methods that can be witnessed. My point was basically pretending that if it were women behind the table everything would be hunky dory doesn't really stand up to much if any scrutiny. 

When there are as many women behind the tables at the EFL we'll be able to tell. ?

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

When there are as many women behind the tables at the EFL we'll be able to tell. ?

I'm personally all for the same amount of women as men behind the tables at the efl in the immediate future. My wish is that  number is 0 once the government decides they're unfit for purpose.