Pragmatic Solutions wanted

IslandExile

Boro and Wycombe agree to a 25% limit on claims that go to arbitration. This is not an admission of guilt and we will fight this.

EFL offer us that £8.3m loan everyone else got. 

We are allowed to sign up to 4 players as long as the total cost doesn't exceed the savings we made on Marshall, Jags, Baldock and Shinniesta 

41 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

So, no one is shifting but the government underling representing the Department of Culture, Media and Sport has suggested everyone works to find a pragmatic solution. So I thought we could all offer ours - please not just telling Gibson that's he's a right bamford and should duck off. We all know that but he won't, so we need something that will work:

1. to save the club
  2. hopefully in time to keep our players and manager to give them a shot at pulling off the "great escape"

So, here is my suggestion to kick things off.

----

• Gibson, Wycombe and the EFL will not backdown - they need to save face.
  • None of the potential buyers are willing to take on the club while there is the risk of payouts of unknown dimensions

--> Impasse

(Aside and first up, I do not want to give Gibson a penny but we have to be practical remember)

So....

• We agree to go to arbitration to settle the Boro and Wycombe "claims"
  • However, so that we can complete the takeover promptly, all three clubs agree a maximum amount of "winnings" (we can win costs). I don't know an amount, say 5 or 10 million in each case.
  • That gives certainty to prospective buyers of the club. If Derby were to lose at tribunal (who knows, I don't) then at least the buyers would know the maximum that they would have to shell out. They can then decide on that basis whether they're in or out regards bidding for the club.
  • We can all move forward. Hallelujah

We owe them nothing, absolutely duck all, don’t settle on anything.  

As you've already alluded to @IslandExile - get 'Boro and Wycombe reps in the same room as us and try to negotiate a 'maximum' compensation amount. If MFC's statement is anything to go by, they'd be open to discussions about reducing it. Bidders then know what they're dealing with as a 'worst case' scenario. Announce a PB that are (hopefully) willing to take the risk... Then take it to arbitration and win as MFC/WWFC haven't got a case. Problem solved... (got a feeling it won't be that easy though!).

13 minutes ago, SBW said:

20 odd games with bare bones and survival, or liquidation?  I honestly don't see what the other solution is?  

Lawrence goes for 500k-1m and considering his wages are discussed as being between 25-37k per week, that's a combined income and saving of between 1.5m - 1.8m.  If it is £5m needed.  That's down to potentially £3.2-3.5m.

Who else is out of contract in the summer? Roos, Byrne... there are others.  Or if you can get it done in one hit with a Knight sale, then go for it.  Although ideally sell the out of contract players and make the money/savings that way, so the big assets can be sold under stronger terms when a PB is named.  

The squad could agree to take a 4 month reduction in wages which would drastically reduce the wage bill.  Perhaps more for those on the big dollars.  As long as it's voluntary can't see there would be an issue.  Would make another statement in the eyes of the public as well.   Its not unknown in business, I've taken  a 20 % pay cut in the past to ensure others stay in work.  

54 minutes ago, SBW said:

I think an extension to show proof of funds will likely happen.  But I think Q probably need to take some action evidencing they are doing their best to do so, not just sitting and hoping it all falls into place... 

I have my doubts on that because the only obvious method of improving finances is selling players. The transfer window won’t stay open for us.

37 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Brill. One of the questions in the last round was to name a pointless FA Cup winner between 1901 and 1999. I got 3 pointless answers. Bury, Burnley and the mighty Rams ?

Very satisfying. No doubt vindicating your decision to watch it instead of contemplating how to satisfy Gibson.

Will never happen but how about a proper public apology from Mel as a start. Costs nothing but Mel's pride. Sometimes people look as if money is everything but it really isnt as its got too personal to them. 

Or Mel personally offers an amount representing playoff profit to Gibson in full and final settlement of this and any future claim against Derby. Also offers an amount to Wycombe. Saves the club he loves (?) and the legal costs to the club.

but this is personal and Mel needs to face up to it and help