Petition to the Sports Minister

Carl Sagan

12 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Any progress on starting the required petition to parliament yet @GenBr....only 16 days left before the EFL kick us out of the football league. Unless anyone knows of this petition being started elsewhere, if so, please provide the link on here.

I implore you not to pursue this - There may be a time and place for that petition but right now it would only split the signatures and dilute the message.

43 minutes ago, TomBustler1884 said:

I've emailed Derby North MP, Amanda Solloway, not that she ever replies or sticks her neck out on anything!!

Tom, she has already agreed  to arrange a meeting with the Sports Minister on this.

A good way to encourage Amanda's involvement is to stress the mental health impact of all this on us as fans, she is very supportive. 

5 minutes ago, angieram said:

Tom, she has already agreed  to arrange a meeting with the Sports Minister on this.

A good way to encourage Amanda's involvement is to stress the mental health impact of all this on us as fans, she is very supportive. 

Great news. Let's hope the meeting takes place, all the necessary discussions are made and the Sports Minister acts appropriately, effectively and provides the correct solutions to the EFL and the desired results are received on time for Derby County Football Club to move forward as a Championship Club under new ownership.

28 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Any progress on starting the required petition to parliament yet @GenBr....only 16 days left before the EFL kick us out of the football league. Unless anyone knows of this petition being started elsewhere, if so, please provide the link on here.

Tell me how to send a private message to anyone starting it with my email and i will gladly be one of the 5

The media have not wanted to know Derby for 2 years over this, sadly our own rag derbyshire live journalist Nicholson as done nothing no shouting from the rooftops, if this is true then why have the administrators not picked this infringement of the law before, is it not their job to look into every angle, and if this is against the law why have they not picked it up, hopefuly it is not to late for our great club.

53 minutes ago, Norman said:

It's really not in the wrong place. We don't need this debating in parliament in a few week's time. We need signatures on a platform that will gather attention now. 

All we need Is the press to pick up on it, and hopefully get 25,000 signatures by the end of today. Then hopefully it will snowball. 

51 minutes ago, Mihangel said:

That's really not the case. The government petition site has its uses but is more useful for campaigns that are not time bound. That a subject may get a response from a minister or debated in parliament at some point in the future is great but no use to us whatsoever, our plight is much more urgent. That sure is also limited to UK citizens. The petition is in the right place.

Change.org is just an American company leaching money from people. Their website doesn't do anything. There are petitions with millions of signatures on there that the government hasn't even looked at. 

Our piddle few little signatures will have no effect on Change.org. The government petition requires them to respond at certain levels. At the moment people are having more luck contacting their local MPs in any case.

18 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Change.org is just an American company leaching money from people. Their website doesn't do anything. There are petitions with millions of signatures on there that the government hasn't even looked at. 

Our piddle few little signatures will have no effect on Change.org. The government petition requires them to respond at certain levels. At the moment people are having more luck contacting their local MPs in any case.

The message has been clear from the start. Don't donate, you don't get leached. 

We don't need automated responses from the government. We just need a place where a load of signatures have been collected and then when you email your local MP/DET/Rick Parry/EFL, you can link to it and I'm pretty sure 20 to 30 thousand signatures then has some weight. And I'm pretty sure the administrators would be thankful of the backing and that the fans have a general grasp of what is going on. 

It's not a piddle, is it? It's a concerted effort to raise awareness. 

1 hour ago, SirBrian said:

The media have not wanted to know Derby for 2 years over this, sadly our own rag derbyshire live journalist Nicholson as done nothing no shouting from the rooftops, if this is true then why have the administrators not picked this infringement of the law before, is it not their job to look into every angle, and if this is against the law why have they not picked it up, hopefuly it is not to late for our great club.

Totally agree so if we all shout loud enough in enough places you never know somebody might pick it up and run national with it. If we do nothing they will not. I implore people to sign both petitions, use Facebook and Twitter, reach out to famous people and ask them to comment. The old adage that there is no such thing as bad publicity. Remember we are fighting for the life of OUR Derby County. Right at the start Morris said something like owners come and go but fans are forever

1 hour ago, angieram said:

This is a highly relevant point.

Cynical old whatnots like myself and @i-Ram are relatively immunised from seeing the direct effects.

I say relatively as the folks are very upset even though they understand a complete demise would not be as life changing for them as for some. 

I worry about the fans who are far more immersed in dcfc than I and can only hope that there are good support mechanisms in place. 

If anyone wants a hug..... 

image.png.717fed7704bc0792e70b68d228b72fa8.png