Petition to the Sports Minister

Carl Sagan

29 minutes ago, BrainyRam said:

As per the above post please can someone  start the petition https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/check  I would do it myself but living in Oxfordshire I don't have the email addresses for 5 supporters to get a petition started

Agreed. I’m out of area too.

Adam’s already has 2300 signatures. 

Let’s go through any possible route.

2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Someone called Adam Boddington (very possibly on here) has created a petition asking for the Sports Minister to look at the situation between Derby, Middlesbrough and Wycombe. The EFL is mentioned in the petition title:

https://www.change.org/p/sports-minister-for-england-sports-minister-to-look-into-the-ongoing-situation-between-the-efl-Derby-county

Well done Adam for starting something off.

Thank you Adam !!

It's flying now. Over 5,000. 

I feel like the majority of the fan base is now united and have a decent enough understanding of what the EFL are up to. 

It feels like they have poked the ram one too many times here. It might be too late, it might not, but I think the EFL are about to be exposed. Up until now they've not felt the passion of this fan base outside of a football ground. That is now changing. 

Edited by Norman

1 minute ago, Norman said:

It's flying now. Over 5,000. 

I feel like the majority of the fan base is now united and have a decent enough understanding of what the EFL are up to. 

It feels like they have poked the ram one too many times here. It might be too late, it might not, but I think the EFL are about to be exposed. Up until now they've not felt the passion of this fan base outside of a football ground. That is now changing. 

Signed and donated.

Agree 100% with you fella.

Starting a petition on the government website would theoretically get this debated in Parliament (subject to enough signatures) but ultimately I am not sure that would help much. 

In my opinion, the key is to get the details of this situation into the mainstream media. As outraged as we Derby fans all are (rightly so) I am equally as astounded that this just doesn’t seem to register at all in the papers or on the main sports outlets. Why is no one talking about the claims from Boro and Wycombe? And the clear conflict of interest with Steve Gibson sat on the board of the EFL?

if this petition helps get that conversation started, we should all get bang behind it. Signed. Shared.

21 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

As has already been said, please do NOT donate on this petition. Your donation isn't going to the club. It's going to Change to pay their server bills, that's it. They are very crafty.

This petition does nothing, get it on the government website and then they'll have to respond. 

Whilst I agree on the donation point, it isn't doing nothing. It's providing a platform where we can get in contact with the Sports Minister and point them in the direction of a petition that looks like it will have well over 10,000 people on it. 

The Sports Minister cannot ignore it. Government site or not. 

Edited by Norman