1 Year of Wayne Rooney

Day

1 Year of Wayne Rooney  

123 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

31 minutes ago, David said:

No, I can't edit it now, otherwise these options would be at the bottom and then there would be complaints about the ordering system.

I guess you'll have to deal with it, the same way as I have to deal with playing a video game where there isn't an option to replicate my receding hairline and bald patch on the character creation screen. 

Why do game developers never think of those between fully bald and halfway bald? Are we invisible, do we not matter, are they saying our hairstyles are not the norm, I mean where is the median, why has it got to be one or the other?

I feel victimised which is why I largely gave up on playing video games now, I might even give up creating polls as I'm starting to realise the grave error I made this morning when creating this poll.

Why did I think it was a quick 2 mins create a topic, how inconsiderate was I to believe I could capture the entire fanbases individual thoughts on a managers one year tenure, I'm quite frankly disgusted with myself.

When I get out of bed, I will take a long hard look at myself in a mirror, before I kiss the large excellent Rooney cut out I have stood next to my bed.

B3766DBE-27F4-471E-BDB3-887170AE2E03.gif

Under the circumstances has to be 'Excellent' for me.

Yes some of the football has been poor (more so last season) but he couldn't have been dealt a crapper hand. 

Stuck by us when many wouldn't (yes he's earning a lot but he doesn't need the money). Feels like the only person holding this club together most of the time.

Who knows how long he'll be here - could be a week, could be years. Let's enjoy him while he lasts. 

And all this coming from someone who wasn't happy about how the job came about, nor enamoured with having another rookie 'celebrity' manager. But he's proved me well and truly wrong.

Thanks Wayne.

COYR

3 hours ago, David said:

No, I can't edit it now, otherwise these options would be at the bottom and then there would be complaints about the ordering system.

I guess you'll have to deal with it, the same way as I have to deal with playing a video game where there isn't an option to replicate my receding hairline and bald patch on the character creation screen. 

Why do game developers never think of those between fully bald and halfway bald? Are we invisible, do we not matter, are they saying our hairstyles are not the norm, I mean where is the median, why has it got to be one or the other?

I feel victimised which is why I largely gave up on playing video games now, I might even give up creating polls as I'm starting to realise the grave error I made this morning when creating this poll.

Why did I think it was a quick 2 mins create a topic, how inconsiderate was I to believe I could capture the entire fanbases individual thoughts on a managers one year tenure, I'm quite frankly disgusted with myself.

When I get out of bed, I will take a long hard look at myself in a mirror, before I kiss the large excellent Rooney cut out I have stood next to my bed.

I know a lot of this is pointed in my direction but did make me chuckle. 

Has anyone mentioned the skewing of the poll choices? No? Ok I won’t go there.

I like Wayne, immensely. I didn’t want him as a player (expensively past it). I didn’t want him as a coach (potentially, and in my view, ultimatately undermining Cocu). I didn’t want him as Manager (not sufficiently experienced). I didn’t like his tactics last season (of changing the team to match the opposition). 

He is a proper leader though, and a man’s man (if that is no too non-PC). He has committed himself fully to fighting for my Club, and in particular since September 2021 has been an absolute rock galvanising the team and the supporters.

I won’t vote though. I think the poll choices are skewed.

Edited by i-Ram

4 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Anyhows with the results on the pitch you can't give him anything other than a poor

Glad you're not the chairman with those ridiculously high standards of yours. Have you even considered his circumstances this season? Most fans wrote us off with a 21 point deduction, and its because of Wayne Rooney that the team are still fighting until the end. 

What would you expect any other manager to do differently? 

10 minutes ago, Sheikh n Bake said:

Glad you're not the chairman with those ridiculously high standards of yours. Have you even considered his circumstances this season? Most fans wrote us off with a 21 point deduction, and its because of Wayne Rooney that the team are still fighting until the end. 

What would you expect any other manager to do differently? 

If you look at his % win ratio as a metric since he started at the club its poor. 

Not sure what's difficult to understand about that unless you're arguing about the data itself then am happy to debate you on that.

5 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

If you look at his % win ratio as a metric since he started at the club its poor. 

Not sure what's difficult to understand about that unless you're arguing about the data itself then am happy to debate you on that.

In our current situation (and we weren't relegated last season note) is that the only way to consider the manager's performance? And this season?

Two 'fans' voted 'very poor'! ? I'm never surprised by peoples opinions just more and less amused. ?

For the first time this season I feel really flat before a game. I can only imagine the players feel similar so IF we put in a performance today, win or lose then Rooney really must have a huge influence on the dressing room. And that influence will be invaluable going forward.

19 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Yes his win ratio is poor but that doesn’t mean he’s been poor. 

What more could you ask of him, given  the circumstances we’ve all debated on here for the previous 12 months? 

What’s difficult to understand about that? Give the guy a break! 

COYR

57 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

In our current situation (and we weren't relegated last season note) is that the only way to consider the manager's performance? And this season?

Two 'fans' voted 'very poor'! ? I'm never surprised by peoples opinions just more and less amused. ?

Fair comment Roy. 

I note with interest that the section of my post praising Rooney had been redacted by the original respondee but anyway.......

I voted Good. I would have given him 4/5 but with the descriptions I thought Good would sum it up.

If it was a poll on this season I would have said Very Good. But I can't ignore last season's performances. Over the full year I have to say there's been concerns at the start.

I don't mind the poll names. I was going to start one on what your condom size is, and of course the 3 options would be Extra Large, Colossal or Humungous. 

3 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Excellent.

Given the circumstances and the fact its his first job, it would have been far easier to walk away than stay. 

Why would walking away be easier?

He is in his first job as arguably the highest paid Championship manager with zero pressure on him and he can’t be sacked. Derby’s situation is dire and I’m sure Rooney would want better players, the ability to spend money and the chance of promotion. But from a managerial perspective, it is an excellent pressure-free opportunity to learn the job… His first job. 

Saying all that, I think he has been brilliant for the club over the past two months.

There should be a ‘remarkable’ option, as that is the only word I can think of that really describes the job he has done this season. It’s not always been great - Bristol City away was about as bad as I’ve ever seen from Derby in the last few years - but what he has got on the whole out of this team this season deserves massive applause. 

Last season? Not so good. Looking at Rooney’s time here as a whole? You maybe get a different answer. 

But this season? Remarkable.

Was an OK for the end of last season, didn't pull up any tress but completed his only aim which was to keep us up. 

This season he has been just short of excellent. Dropped a couple of stupid wins early on to teams around us, but for the last 2 months or so has been pretty much flawless. Doing as well as anyone else would in the circumstances.

On balance over the twelve months, he gets a "good" from me, keeps us up this season though and it's legend status. Keeps it going to the last month of the season and it's still an excellent.