1 Year of Wayne Rooney

Day

1 Year of Wayne Rooney  

123 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I didn't want him as manager, I thought the media campaign against Cocu was engineered and I wasn't comfortable with the appointment of Wayne.

But, I have voted excellent. This is the lowest point for me as a Derby fan, but I feel nothing but pride when I think of what Wayne is doing and how the players are fighting.

The only way I could be any happier with him is if he comes out today after the game and tears the EFL a new one.

As a fully grown man, i bought a Rooney shirt with all the logos on and framed it. Was hoping to put a few photos in it and get him to sign it. After his playing time and start to his managerial career, i initially thought I'd wasted my money and there wasnt going to be any good memories of him...

How wrong was I?! Bloody love this bloke now. The longer he stays during the tough times, the more he grows on me. He owes DCFC very little (gave him a shot at management i guess) but treats the club as his own. Top man.

5 minutes ago, David said:

There's always one.

It's true though. Is unfair leading the pollsters with the range of options given.

Anyhows with the results on the pitch you can't give him anything other than a poor. For his resilience as a person and leadership in extreme circumstances he'd be off the scale. 

Edited by Tyler Durden

8 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

For the sake of balance the poll options are totally biased in the first place and skewed - should be excellent, good, average, poor and abysmal. The middle descriptor is "good" which is immediately biased. 

Think of it as a star review 1-5

Middle of the road is 3, which is over 50% of 5 star so "good" is a good descriptor for that

5 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I didn't want him as manager, I thought the media campaign against Cocu was engineered and I wasn't comfortable with the appointment of Wayne.

But, I have voted excellent. This is the lowest point for me as a Derby fan, but I feel nothing but pride when I think of what Wayne is doing and how the players are fighting.

The only way I could be any happier with him is if he comes out today after the game and tears the EFL a new one.

Same here. At this point in time, there is nothing to lose by being outspoken. He has led with a classy calm,but I think a Fergie style complaint/rant today would see him in legend status or further enhance it. 

The man does not need the money, does not need all this rubbish thrown at him, travels everyday from his home in Cheshire, brings his family to the game. He seems to care. He is doing a fantastic job, beyond anybody's expectations in the most trying of circumstances. 

He was a great player but although it is very early in his managerial career, the signs are good, very good. If only we could have had him when there were no problems off the pitch.

3 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

It's true though. Is unfair leading the pollsters with the range of options given.

Anyhows with the results on the pitch you can't give him anything other than a poor. For his resilience as a person and leadership in extreme circumstances he'd be off the scale. 

It's just a simple forum poll, no need to overthink it, really isn't that deep.

If it was there would be hundreds of options to ensure everyone has a personalised option.

7 minutes ago, Curtains said:

The blokes a Derby legend now .

Can I have that option .

No, I can't edit it now, otherwise these options would be at the bottom and then there would be complaints about the ordering system.

I guess you'll have to deal with it, the same way as I have to deal with playing a video game where there isn't an option to replicate my receding hairline and bald patch on the character creation screen. 

Why do game developers never think of those between fully bald and halfway bald? Are we invisible, do we not matter, are they saying our hairstyles are not the norm, I mean where is the median, why has it got to be one or the other?

I feel victimised which is why I largely gave up on playing video games now, I might even give up creating polls as I'm starting to realise the grave error I made this morning when creating this poll.

Why did I think it was a quick 2 mins create a topic, how inconsiderate was I to believe I could capture the entire fanbases individual thoughts on a managers one year tenure, I'm quite frankly disgusted with myself.

When I get out of bed, I will take a long hard look at myself in a mirror, before I kiss the large excellent Rooney cut out I have stood next to my bed.

4 minutes ago, David said:

No, I can't edit it now, otherwise these options would be at the bottom and then there would be complaints about the ordering system.

I guess you'll have to deal with it, the same way as I have to deal with playing a video game where there isn't an option to replicate my receding hairline and bald patch on the character creation screen. 

Why do game developers never think of those between fully bald and halfway bald? Are we invisible, do we not matter, are they saying our hairstyles are not the norm, I mean where is the median, why has it got to be one or the other?

I feel victimised which is why I largely gave up on playing video games now, I might even give up creating polls as I'm starting to realise the grave error I made this morning when creating this poll.

Why did I think it was a quick 2 mins create a topic, how inconsiderate was I to believe I could capture the entire fanbases individual thoughts on a managers one year tenure, I'm quite frankly disgusted with myself.

When I get out of bed, I will take a long hard look at myself in a mirror, before I kiss the large excellent Rooney cut out I have stood next to my bed.

On the sauce at this time?

I voted 'very good'. He has overcome innumerable obstacles, which I won't list, and has looked every inch the sort of manager a club can be proud to have leading them.

I think the potential is there for him to become an excellent manager, and if it wasn't for the EFL embargoes and the ownership problems, we might have seen some hints as to whether he'll achieve that early in his career. I just hope he wants to stay and is kept on by the Club.

Proud to be a Rooney Ram! #COYR

Excellent this season - last season was just mess with everything which is why I said give him a proper chance with a semblance of normality - we failed to get the normality bit but has been excellent 

Edited by Sparkle