Where in the world?

Vienna

1 hour ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

Chadd lad. I went to Olive Eden.

Played for Northcliffe, managed by Steve’s dad Tommy, one of the nicest blokes you could ever wish to meet, absolute legend.

Yes Chadd Lad born and bred, I was in the year below Andy Rowland of Swindon Town fame.

Northcliffe United along with Rainbow Athletic and Carrabean All Stars were pretty much at the top of the tree in those days

I used to go and watch in the 60s Derby Roe Farm, Chris Fuller in goal, Eric Allsop at right wing, Fuller had trials with Aston Villa when Tommy Doc was there, Allsop went and signed for Bury, But came back as he was homesick.

Edited by Unlucky Alf

9 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I used to go and watch in the 60s Derby Roe Farm, Chris Fuller in goal, Eric Allsop at right wing, Fuller had trials with Aston Villa when Tommy Doc was there, Allsop went and signed for Bury, But came back as he was homesick.

Played for Roe Farm on the Racecourse when they were managed by Jon Page, knew Chris and Eric, then moved on to Prims

.……..getting like all our yesterday’s this!

https://www.pitchero.com/clubs/grahamstreetprims/photos/555681/14236647.html

32 minutes ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

Played for Roe Farm on the Racecourse when they were managed by Jon Page, knew Chris and Eric, then moved on to Prims

.……..getting like all our yesterday’s this!

https://www.pitchero.com/clubs/grahamstreetprims/photos/555681/14236647.html

A good few on those pics the names i'd recognise,  Never knew them, Only heard of them through football, Didn't the Prims play at the Ramarena on Raynesway?,  I played mostly Sunday Afternoons so guessing a lot of those did too, I wasn't of the same quality as Northcliffe, Rainbow or Carrib, But pretty decent

Chris and Eric were from the same street as myself in Chadd, Ray Lewis remember him, Had a few games for Derby Reserves

Would you know Ian Collins, Pretty sure he was your secretary before moving to the Vics at the Bowl on Spondon Leisure, I turned out for Davis Derby for a few games when Derby played away.

DCFC took all my time on Saturdays

I spent years away from Derby working. At various times my nearest league club has been QPR, Watford, Brentford, Millwall, Charlton, Southampton, Portsmouth, Reading, Coventry, Peterborough, Birmingham City and Villa. Only ever visited those stadiums to watch the Rams play though. 

Very happy to have a Derby postal address again though. 

16 hours ago, ColonelBlimp said:

Is that where in the world you are now or where you were born/brought up?

This has confused me.

Where you are now?

Nearest team to where you live now

Then why you support Derby, which could be where you were born 

17 hours ago, Uppsalaram said:

Uppsala, Sweden

Sirius (Swedish Premier League)

Dad took me to the Baseball Ground in the 50s to see Derby v Middlesbrough in the 3rd. Division North. Everybody in the village supported Derby.

Hej. Hur kommer det sig att de alla stödde DCFC? (Min fru pratar svenska :-))