The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, duncanjwitham said:

I'd say they have a slightly better claim than Wycombe. Wycombe's entire claim against us was based on us not being punished in that season for stuff we did in a different season.  At least Barnsley are querying something that's happening in the relevant season.  And if Reading were to overspend again, after adding the likes of Tom Ince to their squad despite being under an enforced business plan, then you can see why they are asking the question.

Don't get me wrong, the whole thing is stupid, but this is the world we live in now thanks to the EFL.

One of the failed periods was 20/21 tbf

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/derby-county-contracts-rams-transfers-6764882

9 derby players to potentially leave in the summer.

So huge rebuild, the longer Derby leave going out to players to assess for signing, the harder it becomes to have a team ready to play next season regardless of the league derby are playing football in.

Discussions on signing free agents are pointless and less the club can actually compete on salaries paid to get such players to join and in any case if Derby is in league one, then the best free agents will not come to Derby.

To rebuild quality and depth in the squad is going to take capital.

When it comes to any new owner its not a matter of just taking on a massive debt, they would most likely want to see a return, and they cant do that the longer Derby stays in league one, if thats where the club plays football next season.

Even assuming Derby survive for next season, what will be left of the club, will not be in a position to really look at the top 6 in the championship without a number of players being signed.

23 minutes ago, LazloW said:

RE: Barnsley, it must’ve been blindingly obvious to anybody (other than the EFL) that by not telling Boro and Wycombe to ‘do  one’ they we’re going to open a floodgate of similar claims.
Having said that, Barnsley don’t really have a legitimate claim. Could be quite funny though if it gets dragged out like the Boro issue did.

Don't forget we're in admin and we had/have a knee on our neck, the EFL ignoring insolvency law and a clock ticking - therefore very limited scope to see the parasites claims laughed at in a court of law. I would presume that if Reading stay solvent they would either point Barnsley to the EFL or say 'take us to court then'. 

I agree EFL have opened floodgates to all sorts of legal nonsense but don't see any club getting shafted from all directions like we have unless they go into admin.

Ultimately it could cause some clubs to go into admin if costs of, say, upwards of £40m are awarded to the aggrieved party.

30 minutes ago, LazloW said:

RE: Barnsley, it must’ve been blindingly obvious to anybody (other than the EFL) that by not telling Boro and Wycombe to ‘do  one’ they we’re going to open a floodgate of similar claims.
Having said that, Barnsley don’t really have a legitimate claim. Could be quite funny though if it gets dragged out like the Boro issue did.

Any 'regulator' should ensure that ensure that clubs that have failed to adhere to FFP have a business plan that ensures they do so. If the EFL have failed to do that and failed to to put the controls in to ensure compliance I would say both the club (Reading) and the EFL are at fault. The EFL made sure we complied.

I hear complaints from Reading fans saying they need time to reduce the wage bill and shouldn't be penalised whilst its being reduced. they think we are in the same position.

1- Our wage bill and spend should be within limits (in part to the EFL business plan), so you can take us out of that argument

2- Sorry if a club over spends and is over FFP whilst reducing the bill that's hard luck, why do they think we had 9 points..doh

3- I thought the EFL were very lenient on Reading, 6 points with a possible further 6 and if so that would be in the next season.

4 - I think the Covid reductions are overly helpful to clubs that have either historically received large transfer fees in previous year or been in receipt of PP's. Its not fair to those that haven't and Reading would be one of those clubs that fall into that category.

29 minutes ago, Oldben said:

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/derby-county-contracts-rams-transfers-6764882

So huge rebuild, the longer Derby leave going out to players to assess for signing, the harder it becomes to have a team ready to play next season regardless of the league derby are playing football in.

Discussions on signing free agents are pointless and less the club can actually compete on salaries paid to get such players to join and in any case if Derby is in league one, then the best free agents will not come to Derby.

When it comes to any new owner its not a matter of just taking on a massive debt, they would most likely want to see a return, and they cant do that the longer Derby stays in league one, if thats where the club plays football next season.

Even assuming Derby survive for next season, what will be left of the club, will not be in a position to really look at the top 6 in the championship without a number of players being signed.

That's 9 of the starting 11 from the weekend.

Only Bird, Bielik, Knight and Sibley contracted beyond the summer from the first team squad.

16 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

Any 'regulator' should ensure that ensure that clubs that have failed to adhere to FFP have a business plan that ensures they do so. If the EFL have failed to do that and failed to to put the controls in to ensure compliance I would say both the club (Reading) and the EFL are at fault. The EFL made sure we complied.

I hear complaints from Reading fans saying they need time to reduce the wage bill and shouldn't be penalised whilst its being reduced. they think we are in the same position.

1- Our wage bill and spend should be within limits (in part to the EFL business plan), so you can take us out of that argument

2- Sorry if a club over spends and is over FFP whilst reducing the bill that's hard luck, why do they think we had 9 points..doh

3- I thought the EFL were very lenient on Reading, 6 points with a possible further 6 and if so that would be in the next season.

4 - I think the Covid reductions are overly helpful to clubs that have either historically received large transfer fees in previous year or been in receipt of PP's. Its not fair to those that haven't and Reading would be one of those clubs that fall into that category.

Covid reductions overly helpful to clubs who have been in receipt of parachute payments… like Boro for example. 

So who was supposed to have Efl on strings again? 

23 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Covid reductions overly helpful to clubs who have been in receipt of parachute payments… like Boro for example. 

So who was supposed to have Efl on strings again? 

Stoke, Bristol City, Boro, there is a few either due to PP or historically getting large transfer fees. The recently promoted clubs get the worst end of the stick. I just think reductions in covid expenditure should be about the loss of Covid related football expenses in Covid years and not based on previous years transfer activity, income (such as PP), the fact they didn't take government grants or the use of the stadium to host concerts . 

1 hour ago, hintonsboots said:

54ADDD75-B403-46EA-BEC2-59B839F08997.gif.ac52823df766a82dd4a73b3e4aac109b.gif

So GrandPa Simpson opens the door, Takes his hat off with his right hand and hangs it on the hat stand, Walks in a circle, Reaches out with his left arm and with his left hand takes the hat off the hat stand and puts it onto his head, Then walks out the open door that he left open and with his right hand closes the door just after Bart blinks.

I've seen this clip a lot of times...why is it on here?

2 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

So GrandPa Simpson opens the door, Takes his hat off with his right hand and hangs it on the hat stand, Walks in a circle, Reaches out with his left arm and with his left hand takes the hat off the hat stand and puts it onto his head, Then walks out the open door that he left open and with his right hand closes the door just after Bart blinks.

Abe Simpson has heard via Alan Nixon that a PB has been announced as goes to join Bart for a celebration. On entering the building Bart says that @reluctantnicko has got it wrong and Abe walks out and returns home.

Thats my interpretation for what it’s worth. A microcosm of missed deadlines, shortly, imminently and 48 hours.

5 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Abe Simpson has heard via Alan Nixon that a PB has been announced as goes to join Bart for a celebration. On entering the building Bart says that @reluctantnicko has got it wrong and Abe walks out and returns home.

Thats my interpretation for what it’s worth. A microcosm of missed deadlines, shortly, imminently and 48 hours.

Now that makes complete sense now, So Nixon is spreading useless information concerning our PB and a multitude of other journalistic snippets from the EFL.

So he keeps going round in circles, Why doesn't Abe join twitter and tell Nixon that he's a image.png.72e6a1553caed3d5b090604dcd31ef8d.png

9 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

I thought it meant Abe Simpson is the Quantuma admin lead, he arrives at a bar for a drink, but when he sees  Wayne Rooney (Bart) he realises he should be at work or he's forgotten to do any work on the DCFC administration and PB, so has to go back to work.

39 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Excellent description……say what you see………….

2 hours ago, Oldben said:

Terrible situation and any team would struggle to compete in league 1 in this situation without a massive investment. I hope Morris would take a hit on the stadium fee if it ensures DCFC survives. 

28 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

I thought it meant Abe Simpson is the Quantuma admin lead, he arrives at a bar for a drink, but when he sees  Wayne Rooney (Bart) he realises he should be at work or he's forgotten to do any work on the DCFC administration and PB, so has to go back to work.

There's no sound on the clip but I can see Abe mouthing summat, So if Abe is the Q lead I reckon he's saying "shortly Wayne"

5 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

The article says a further points deduction would be applied next season if Reading fail to comply with the agreed business plan but the Barnsley chairman is saying "Barnsley are at a competitive disadvantage NOW".

Does that mean Barnsley know the details of the agreed plan and also know that Reading are failing to comply?

If they don't know then there is no case to answer at the moment but there could well be a Wycombe scenario (although they'd have a more valid case given the offence actually happened this season) next season now the EFL have allowed the can of worms to be opened. 

If it is true Reading are not complying then I'm not sure why the additional points deduction shouldn't be applied immediately.

Just to circle back round on the Barnsley claim (I don't think it result in anything but it's interesting).

I have reread the Reading judgment and it appears to me that if Reading are known to have breached the terms of the judgment as the Barnsley owner seems to be implying, then the suspended points deduction could be applied this season. Personally I don't think Barnsley have the evidence they need and it's a none story.

Decision 6. It has been agreed and I hereby order that the Club is sanctioned for the breach as follows:

6.1 The Club is to be immediately deducted 6 points in the 2021/22 Championship season.

6.2 The Club is also subject to a suspended sanction of 6 points to be deducted from its season points total in Season 2021/22 (or Season 2022/23), on the first occasion on or before 30 June 2023 that:

i) the Club fails to file such documents as are required to be filed in accordance with the provisions of Rule 2.2 of the P&S Rules by 1 March in the relevant Season(s);

2 ii) the Club breaches the Budget as more particularly described in paragraphs 19 and 21 of Appendix 1; or

iii) the Club is found to have committed (or admits) a further breach of the P&S Rules by its P&S Calculation resulting in a loss that exceeds the Upper Loss Threshold as applicable at the time of the submission in accordance with Rule 2.2,

52 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Now that makes complete sense now, So Nixon is spreading useless information concerning our PB and a multitude of other journalistic snippets from the EFL.

So he keeps going round in circles, Why doesn't Abe join twitter and tell Nixon that he's a image.png.72e6a1553caed3d5b090604dcd31ef8d.png

Brass handle?

Edited by StrawHillRam