The Administration Thread

Boycie

22 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

FWIW, I don’t think ‘Barry the ram’ should be cast off quite as quickly as others think. As we’ve seen with Nixon and even Percy, so much happens behind closed doors that no one gets it 100% right and it’s partly why the Nicholson approach of not saying anything until it’s fact is probably better. 

But, for this meeting to happen today then the Wycombe meeting must have concluded very quickly and probably wasn’t worth the carbon footprint of travelling over. So it could have happened, but on balance how likely is it?

According to that Barry guy the ‘sheikh’ had landed, and Allardyce and Benitez were at Pride Park

1 minute ago, Animal is a Ram said:

He's just tweeted and deleted again - can't tell if it's stupidity or it's part of an act.

#barrywatch

The account is either a long running parody that is being very cleverly written

OR

The account is run by a man in his mid-40's with nothing better to be doing who lives at home with his elderly Mum (who still does all of his cooking, cleaning and makes doctors appointments for him) and he never leaves his room. A room which has got DCFC bedsheets from 1999 on the bed and a wall covered in Horacio Carbonari posters.

13 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I think he means there is a meeting booked for next Tuesday with announcement the Wednesday (23rd ish).

I find Barry's tweets funny, especially after him saying Allardyce was gonna be named manager, however...

He was bang on about the original EFL findings and has been correct about things more recently. Whilst we were all celebrating when the points deduction was given assuming a preffered bidder would follow, he tweeted that was just the beginning and we will be lucky if there is a club to support. People piled on him for being negative, turned out he was right.

And the allrdyce thing, even the bookies had us getting a big manager in, it was only because the BZI backers pulled out that it didn't happen.

Yeah I think some of his stuff has been a bit too specific to just be cast off as a @transfer_live Twitter account. People hate anyone who professes to be ITK, partly because they don’t like that someone might know more than them, but so much does go on that it’s easy to see why sometimes they can be wrong and sometimes spot on. I think it’s more about cherry picking what you think makes sense and what doesn’t. 

I long for the days of dcfckev. Someone’s having a medical, he posted it. Bish bash bosh.

12 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

OR

The account is run by a man in his mid-40's with nothing better to be doing who lives at home with his elderly Mum (who still does all of his cooking, cleaning and makes doctors appointments for him) and he never leaves his room. A room which has got DCFC bedsheets from 1999 on the bed and a wall covered in Horacio Carbonari posters.

How do you know where I live?

Oh wait, I'm not in my mid-40s.

34 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

OR

How did you find out about me?

45 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Yay, My Mum worked on the Deli counter right next to the moving staircase(I can't spell escalator)in Derby, Being Austrian it was a job made in heaven for her

Was that the old woolworths, i worked there for a bit when i left school.

2 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

I like both Barrys - its broken up the tedium of our (yes me included) discussions on EFL rule analysis, accountants/actuaries, supermarkets, etc and made us hope that something is happening behind the scenes. Bring on more Barrys

But have you ever seen both Barry’s in the same room at the same time ? ?️♂️ 

On 14/02/2022 at 21:00, Indy said:

Indeed - didn’t Kieran Maguire first raise issues with our amortisation with the EFL, not another club? Be interesting to hear if the EFL told @The Baron that only other clubs could raise issues or - as I suspect - the EFL are still making up the interpretation of their own regulations as they go along. 

You are correct ( and they told me to get stuffed too, which is perfectly within their rights).