The Administration Thread

Boycie

40 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Well to state the obvious point, no, Boro were never going to sue under 4.4 because the rule says they can’t! They use the word cheating because this was a PR battle as well as blackmail. And breach of FFP can quite easily be described as cheating 

You’re right of course that not every breach of the rules is actionable by other clubs, for many reasons. I listed some of these in a post to you yesterday (implied terms, loss was not ‘foreseeable’, claimant failed to mitigate) 

Would be interesting to know on what basis Q’s 3 QCs advised that Boro would lose  - could have been a few grounds some of which you allude to 

So isn't blackmail "cheating"/ acting  without utmost good faith? Isn't trying to conduct litigation via media in quite a senationalist way a breach of utmost good faith? And actually "cheating " seems to me  (and others better qualified than me in these things) the same as acting without utmost good faith. And if you are claiming for something you reasonably ought to know you can't (Morris said they referred to 4.4 in the original claim) isnt that acting without utmost good faith?

Anyone asked Mr Parry about 4.4 and why he isnt taking action against Boro? 

Edited by PistoldPete

4 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

As all my fellow mechanical engineering colleagues use to say "The yellow pages had it right, Boring - see civil engineers" oh we laughed and fate landed me working with an endless number of geologists.

Think all jobs have similar - accountancy its actuaries, tax accountants its auditors, etc etc. 

37 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Anyone asked Mr Parry about 4.4 and why he isnt taking action against Boro? 

The utmost good faith requirement in 4.4 is very limited. It only requires utmost good faith re FFP matters. So blackmailing another club would not be caught!  Anyway I think it would take extraordinary circumstances for EFl to take action under 4.4

The Rick Parry response to i-ram’s question on 4.4 was gibberish  Has caused endless confusion on here 

13 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

The utmost good faith requirement in 4.4 is very limited. It only requires utmost good faith re FFP matters. So blackmailing another club would not be caught!  Anyway I think it would take extraordinary circumstances for EFl to take action under 4.4

The Rick Parry response to i-ram’s question on 4.4 was gibberish  Has caused endless confusion on here 

Really? Blackmailing another club is not caught by 4.4? What if Boro had got compo from DCFC by these tactics? Wouldn't that be an unfair advantage? in breach of a requirement not to do anything  "which is intended to seek to or take any unfair advantage"?

Anyway I hope Gibbo chokes on his champage and caviar. But doesn't die. I'm only having a party when Derby County survive. 

12 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I was always told Actuaries were simply Accountants who couldn’t stand the excitement.

I once read an article, by an accountant, in Accountancy Today magazine, he wrote that there are only 3 types of accountants, those that can count and those that can’t count. 

Edited by Elwood P Dowd

38 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Really? Blackmailing another club is not caught by 4.4? What if Boro had got compo from DCFC by these tactics? Wouldn't that be an unfair advantage? in breach of a requirement not to do anything  "which is intended to seek to or take any unfair advantage"?

Anyway I hope Gibbo chokes on his champage and caviar. But doesn't die. I'm only having a party when Derby County survive. 

Blackmailing another club does not breach the FFP rules. So cannot be caught by 4.4

Frankly I think Boro’s behaviour was despicable but their infuriating response to the charge of extortion would be “we are entitled to enforce our legal rights”   Quite hard to prove what their motives were ...