The Administration Thread

Boycie

Just now, IslandExile said:

On the surface, Kirchner's 50 million would have but the Administrators said the structure of it was less than that of other bids. Were they referring to Appleby or to Ashley? We just don't know.

And my point is we are not privy to the bids, the amount, the structure or any of the details. All we have to go on is journalists' speculation.

Anyhow, let's see how it pans out. The most important thing is that the club is saved. And, for me, the good thing about last night's news is that now appears more likely.

Yes but CK was 60 over 2 years. 

Let’s just see how it all develops I agree. 

Just now, PistoldPete said:

CK was full of noise . And crap. This was always going to happen.. The serious players staying quiet and moving when they are ready. 

I think the administrators might have approached Mike Ashley as they were looking for 50 Million to save us .

10 hours ago, IslandExile said:

There's more to life than money.

You may be too short sighted to understand that there's even more to life than Derby County.

This is nothing to do with Newcastle United or the views of their entitled fans.

This is to do with Mike Ashley, the unpleasant person and terrible employer.

So swivel whatever you like.... And learn more about life, the world and everything in it.

Yeah I forgot how well majored most other premier league clubs owners made their money. 
Ashley is what he is, he puts people on seton hour contracts and minimum wage expecting you to work during that time you’re there. Shock.

37 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Everyone hopes there’s that one higher bid with a second to go when you’re selling on eBay.

True that. 

And at that stage you don’t care which Tom, Dick or Ashley has put the final bid in. 
You just have that nervous stage where you are waiting for payment to go through, so you start checking out the buyers recent feedback. ?

33 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

So, if he isn't going to splash the cash, why does everyone seemingly prefer his bid to that of Appleby & co.?

Because Appleby and co seem to be scratching around for cash. We also dont know for definite who is involved in their consortium - it could be kim jong un for all we know.

We all know exactly what we're getting with Ashley and he is rumoured to have offered by far the best bid so far. 

If my choice is between Rush or Ashley i'd rather gamble with Ashley and see if he's any better than Rush was

8 hours ago, IslandExile said:

This may be another controversial post but it's really only an observation - and one that others have already alluded to....

Very few people objected when Mel was splashing the cash. It was really only when the severity of the current situation became clear that the majority became annoyed that he wasn't more careful with the spending.

Before Mel, Maxwell and Pickering both put the club at risk by overspending then suddenly cutting the cash flow.

After the state Mel put us in, a lot of people voiced their support for a returning Appleby because they could see he would have a tight reign on expenses, and would run the club sustainably.

Now that Ashley is in the picture, and who has much more money than the Appleby consortium, everyone appears uber excited about having an owner that will once again "splash the cash".

Someone has pointed out that he does so as loans, so is able to pull that money back in if and when the club is sold to the next owner - or next goes into Administration. So, just be careful what you wish for.

EDIT to say: yes I'm perfectly aware of the good times we did have under Maxwell and Pickering before they cut the money supply. Yeah, ok, let's splash the cash ?

When it comes to football, money talks. The Personality, behaviour, actions of rich people arent judged by the same rigour as long as they are willing to "help" in our desperate case, or just splash the cash like the Saudis at Newcastle or the Qataris at PSG.

From the various post in this thread, it seems like your moral compass is on much higher setting than most, thats fine, it should be commended and is not controversial.. However, ultimately we may not have much of a choice in the matter, it is not like there is a long queue of bidders and when the admins talk about prefered bidder, it is most likely to be the lone bidder.

Very happy if this is true about Mike Ashley. He'll find a lot more support here than he did with the delusional Geordies. Our expectations are already rock bottom, so he's not going to have any issues from that perspective.

Nothing he did at Newcastle is cause for concern for us. He ran them a hell of a lot better than we've been run for the past 15 years.

5 minutes ago, falconram said:

I would welcome Ashley with open arms, he has money and is a very good business man, as for the others who knows were the money is coming from and having SR in the building again I would be a little concerned about as he is part of the reason we are in this mess. 

My feelings exactly.

1 hour ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

The usual Geordie mouthpieces giving it large on the comments section from The Times article regards Ashley’s bid.

Here’s my favourite reply.

We don't own our ground, have debts totalling £60m, owe HMRC £26m, haven't seen the PL since 2008 and have a squad made up of pensioners and children. Along the way we sacked our captain for his involvement in a drink driving debarcle, we had very public spats with the EFL, we are being sued by fellow EFL members, and this year marks 14 since we were the worst team in PL history.

We know what bad ownership looks like.

NUFC fans don't know they're born.

………….seems fair comment to me!?

This. 

I'm already fed up with Newcastle fans, the same ones who have no problem with their club being owned by a murderous and oppressive regime, lecturing Derby fans about how awful being owned by the cockney Bradley Hardacre would be and that "it would be worse than liquidation". 

They're clueless. 

Edited by Crewton

13 minutes ago, Crewton said:

This. 

I'm already fed up with Newcastle fans, the same ones who have no problem with their club being owned by a murderous and oppressive regime, lecturing Derby fans about how awful being owned by the cockney Bradley Hardacre would be and that "it would be worse than liquidation". 

They're clueless. 

How rediculous, how can anything be worse than liquidation, would love to know their views if the boot was on the other foot.

9 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Now that Ashley is in the picture, and who has much more money than the Appleby consortium, everyone appears uber excited about having an owner that will once again "splash the cash".

I'm not. I'm excited to have an owner who knows how to run a football club within a budget. 

9 minutes ago, Crewton said:

This. 

They're clueless. 

They are the most deluded set of fans ever. It is very unlikely to happen to be fair, but imagine for a second  their face if next year Derby County (owned by Mike Ashley) beat the richest club in the world in a championship fixture. The cruel beauty of the football gods at its best.

19 minutes ago, Crewton said:

This. 

They're clueless. 

I skimmed through the Newcastle Wiki page. They've won nothing of note since the 50s! And that was the FA Cup.

But talking of 'horrible' owners I'd forgotten Shepherd and Hall - they were deeply unpleasant.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

I'm not. I'm excited to have an owner who knows how to run a football club within a budget. 

Me too. In fact, I seriously doubt that many fans think that Ashley would "splash the cash", since the way he ran Newcastle is no secret. 

It's as if some folk don't realise how perilous our position is. 

Like @IslandExile, I don't consider Ashley as the perfect owner.

There are better options out there, but alas, none of them seem interested in taking control of DCFC.  
Of those that do (seem interested), I'd say Ashley is the all-round better of those options.

If and when he arrives, he'll get encouragement and support from me, along with my hopes of a brighter future.

Some harsh comments on here, towards @IslandExile, and totally out of context with his initial comments.  

A best case scenario would be if Ashley has learnt from his Geordie experience and looks to keep the fans on-side. It can’t have been fun for him over many of the past few years there being hated by all. Also he might feel like this is a chance for payback and invest so we can out perform Newcastle at least. Interesting times lie ahead. 

I share the misgivings that @IslandExilehas shared but no one with this kind of money has got there without trampling over people and is not as far as I’m aware breaching human rights etc much as I would want him to be treating his staff better.

Should this happen then it is the best outcome we could have wished for especially as I doubt he will want to be starting in div1 so may well get things done quickly and back Rooney from the start. COYR