The Administration Thread

Boycie

25 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Who would rule though that we do owe Boro and Wycombe money?

That's the bit I can't grasp. And why haven't we got to that point yet if we are so confident that their claims are spurious. 

I really don't know - I'd assume it would be some EFL panel. And I'd assume we've not got there because the administrators were sure they'd just be able to write the debts down (and would obviously rather do that, to save time and to avoid any risk of a huge future payment).

But the whole thing is so opaque and secretive... I just don't know.

8 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Tthe cowardly EFL have inadvertently acknowledged here that they DO actually recognise the claims by Boro and Wycombe to be football debts.

I don’t think there can be any question now that they are actively opting in favour of those two clubs and are happy to see our football club DIE for their benefit.

This is absolutely outrageous and they MUST know that THIS is what is stopping a preferred bidder being named as well. THEY are killing this club and we as a fan base should not stand for it. 

Anti-EFL protest needs organising. 

I have written to the EFL again to this affect. It won’t do any good I’ll just get the standard b/s we’ve done a list of q&a etc. However the question I have asked is do they think it’s acceptable for two clubs to force another into liquidation. It’s a simple yes no answer.

Tbh I think there's a lot of overreaction in this thread. 

I don't think it's a surprise that the efl would deem the claims by mfc and WWFC as being football creditors. 

Theres also no reason to think that the efl would (or even could?) change their insolvency policy. Particularly in a way that would be of detriment to their other members. 

I suppose the real question is (and it would be interesting to know if there are other examples of this in non-sport setting) are regulations in a private league that restrict a way a member can conduct otherwise legal methods of exiting administration where the penalty of that is to be thrown out of competing in the industry. The league operates as a monopoly... There isn't a way Derby can really compete outside the FA/EFL framework. My gut feeling is that they probably can impose additional restrictions.

Edited by alexxxxx

9 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

Before we were even found guilty of anything I think. So by that measure any claim for any reason by a football club must be resolved regardless of merit. 

Before a judgment was made yes,but that’s why I think the date is interesting. They say proceedings commenced before administration. 

im not saying I agree, or profess to be an expert!

4 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Well that's the EFL's hand played, all of the pretending to be on the fence and urging both sides to be sensible is laughable. Ultimately we're pretty much backed into a corner here, somebody's ego is going to have to give or we're going to go under, frankly. 

If a club our size with willing buyers is allowed to go under for petty internal politics it cannot ever be forgiven. 

Let’s hope the boy Bridgen gets stuck in. As for the sports minister what a waste of space. His team basking in Premier league glory and couldn’t give a fook about one of the minnows.

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I want to say that, I really do. But I can't I love this Club, we have to survive. And if that means paying blood money so be it. We'll beat both of them to the Premiership! duck them, while we exist we'll remind them of their vile behaviour every single day.

#COYR

I love the rams, been a fan since 1968, but where is the money going to come from to pay them off. Cant see anybody willing to take us over with that hanging in the air, hope i am wrong.

The EFL statement has invited Q and all other parties to mediation or for Q to seek address of the disparate issues at arbitration or in the High Court.

Q has previously stated that advice from three sets of counsel all agree that they will defeat the claims of MFC and WW. If the outcome does fall in our favour as advised, it also removes the argument about preferential creditors because MFC and WW disappear as potential creditors. There seems little confidence of mediation being successful o our part given the intransigence of the EFL in this matter. 

With every day that passes in this process the fees due to Q increase. Please let us go to arbitration or court asap to bring this impasse to an end. If the claims of MFC and WW are found in their favour then we are on the brink of liquidation. But if the claims are removed as per the advice of Q's counsel then the road to exit from administration with a takeover opens up to us. So let the legal submissions begin and take it out of the EFL's hands.

It's poo or bust time for us so bring it on.

Just now, Maharan said:

Before a judgment was made yes,but that’s why I think the date is interesting. They say proceedings commenced before administration. 

im not saying I agree, or profess to be an expert!

You have to remember, the charge was that the amortisation was incorrect/misrepresented.. Not that we were in breach of ffp - that came much later when we were in admin. 

I am going to stay off here for a few hours. I have had a drink or too. Fwiw, after consuming a bottle of wine, I don’t think this statement is a great problem. The EFL has unequivocally nailed their colours to the door. Imo they are letting the world know, well Q, the Government and HMRC specifically, that their rules are more important than Statute. I can’t see how this is a battle they can win. Perhaps they know that too, but have as I thought they were a few weeks, backed themselves so far into a corner that they can’t escape (despite their mealy mouthed comments regarding facilitating a meeting to bring all parties together). Whilst I am not going to excuse Q from not informing Rooney properly regarding the sale of Kellyman, l do now think his sale is behind getting enough funds together to fight this matter in the High Court.

I look forward to reading other views much later this evening.

I just felt I needed to say I hope everyone is doing OK through all this. It is perfectly normal to feel stress, anger and anxiety in these circumstances especially when we feel powerless to save our club.

As Derby fans, we are one community and we're all in this together. Stay strong folks, chin up old bean.

1 minute ago, Brailsford Ram said:

The EFL statement has invited Q and all other parties to mediation or for Q to seek address of the disparate issues at arbitration or in the High Court.

Q has previously stated that advice from three sets of counsel all agree that they will defeat the claims of MFC and WW. If the outcome does fall in our favour as advised, it also removes the argument about preferential creditors because MFC and WW disappear as potential creditors. There seems little confidence of mediation being successful o our part given the intransigence of the EFL in this matter. 

With every day that passes in this process the fees due to Q increase. Please let us go to arbitration or court asap to bring this impasse to an end. If the claims of MFC and WW are found in their favour then we are on the brink of liquidation. But if the claims are removed as per the advice of Q's counsel then the road to exit from administration with a takeover opens up to us. So let the legal submissions begin and take it out of the EFL's hands.

It's poo or bust time for us so bring it on.

Do we think Quantuma are capable of getting this sorted through the high court legal process? I guess they need to appoint a top legal firm. So do just that please post haste