The Administration Thread

Boycie

56 minutes ago, Gritstone Tup said:

Exactly! Pointless and dangerous exercise going to arbitration, which seemed to be pushed along by local mps. We can stay in administration for 18 months, no rush looking for a new buyer but we needed to find £5milion from this transfer window which we’ve refused to do. 

If there's a win for m/w it means liquidation, then reestablishing a new club.

I think that club would be in League Two?!

Rangers, a Scottish football club, had financial issues in the late 2000s. 

The Rangers Football Club plc went into administration in February 2012. 

HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) refused to allow Rangers to exit administration via a Company Voluntary Arrangement (CVA) (CVA). 

Rangers Football Club plc went bankrupt on October 31, 2012.

Due to the CVA refusal, the administrators had to sell Rangers to a new company run by Charles Green. 

The Scottish Premier League's other clubs refused to let the new company take over the old company's membership. 

Green then joined the Scottish Football League. 

Rangers (now trading as The Rangers Football Club Ltd) joined the Scottish Football Association (SFA) in time for the 2012–13 season. 

Rangers were promoted to the Scottish Premier League in 2016 and won their first title since insolvency in 2021.

Edited by Oldben
Added content

3 hours ago, Curtains said:

This is the bit I worry about even though I’m not clear still if it’s EFL arbitration process that’s happening that’s why Rams Trust letter is important 

101.1     If the arbitrators fail to agree on any issue they shall decide by a majority and a majority decision shall be binding on all of them. No dissenting judgment shall be produced.

Hang on, so the reps of clubs that think we owe them money and the EFL who want us out of existence can literally just disagree with everything we say and vote by majority??

how on earth is that fair?? Surely this needs to be totally independent?

You would have thought the question"who is overseeing arbitration of what, by what process" would be a reasonable question with a straightforward answer...

I.e. not one requiring a "situation still developing, we'll get back to you" response.

It's possible each party is playing for advantage on what the actual terms of reference for the arbitration are - Boro wanting the arbitration to determine the claims, administration wanting the arbitration only to determine the status of the claims as an example (not itk, just guessing)

39 minutes ago, Oldben said:

If there's a win for m/w it means liquidation, then reestablishing a new club.

I think that club would be in League Two?!

Rangers, a Scottish football club, had financial issues in the late 2000s. 

The Rangers Football Club plc went into administration in February 2012. 

HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) refused to allow Rangers to exit administration via a Company Voluntary Arrangement (CVA) (CVA). 

Rangers Football Club plc went bankrupt on October 31, 2012.

Due to the CVA refusal, the administrators had to sell Rangers to a new company run by Charles Green. 

The Scottish Premier League's other clubs refused to let the new company take over the old company's membership. 

Green then joined the Scottish Football League. 

Rangers (now trading as The Rangers Football Club Ltd) joined the Scottish Football Association (SFA) in time for the 2012–13 season. 

Rangers were promoted to the Scottish Premier League in 2016 and won their first title since insolvency in 2021.

Rangers has absolutely nothing to do with the EFL whatsoever. Bury and Wimbledon are our bench Mark.

10 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

You would have thought the question"who is overseeing arbitration of what, by what process" would be a reasonable question with a straightforward answer...

I.e. not one requiring a "situation still developing, we'll get back to you" response.

It's possible each party is playing for advantage on what the actual terms of reference for the arbitration are - Boro wanting the arbitration to determine the claims, administration wanting the arbitration only to determine the status of the claims as an example (not itk, just guessing)

EFL doesn’t know the answer to these questions before it is finally agreed with Gibson. And he will spin it out because time is on his side. Couhig will be worse 

3 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

EFL doesn’t know the answer to these questions before it is finally agreed with Gibson. And he will spin it out because time is on his side. Couhig will be worse 

Who is going to represent us, someone armed with all of the facts I hope….

40 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Hang on, so the reps of clubs that think we owe them money and the EFL who want us out of existence can literally just disagree with everything we say and vote by majority??

how on earth is that fair?? Surely this needs to be totally independent?

Couldn’t agree more.  That’s why I think it’s risky and a process that ultimately will end in the Civil Court hopefully fast tracked. 
I believe the Administrators have no other option.

Edited by Curtains
Removed duplicate

4 minutes ago, Gritstone Tup said:

Rangers has absolutely nothing to do with the EFL whatsoever. Bury and Wimbledon are our bench Mark.

That's true, but rangers are a good example of a club that was liquidated and then set up as a "new" club.

The important thing is that they were allowed by negotiation to rejoin the league in the bottom tier.

Wimbledon were new from scratch and the "reformed" Bury are being allowed back next season (not sure what league is having them).

So should the worst happen but someone buys the rights in the liquidation to form a "new" DCFC it's up to the new outfit to negotiate an entry to the league - given the size and history of DCFC league 2 might be realistically negotiated, possibly conference.

A new from scratch afc Derby would probably be starting way down the nonleague pyramid.