likely that players will leave 

Club worth less with players gone

less chance of the impossible - escape from the drop

Still no guarantee that anyone  will actually buy the club 

so by 1/3 we will have a paper thin squad

virtually guaranteed relegation

still have the parasites wanting money

be no nearer in one month to security than we are now 

so yes makes perfect sense ......jeeez!!!!

May be the only option from a funding perspective if PBs are resisting providing a deposit. And better than liquidation 

1 minute ago, StaffsRam said:

Kicking the can a month down the road gives the EFL exactly what they want. “Oh look at us, we’re compassionate, we’ve given them another month”, then let the noise created over the past week the chance to die down, and then kill us quietly in a months time.

The noise will not die down until we are rescued. 

7 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

Kicking the can a month down the road gives the EFL exactly what they want. “Oh look at us, we’re compassionate, we’ve given them another month”, then let the noise created over the past week the chance to die down, and then kill us quietly in a months time.

Is that true though?

Surely if the EFL’s ultimate aim was to see the club fold, then they would say ‘a deadline is a deadline’.

4 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Is that true though?

Surely if the EFL’s ultimate aim was to see the club fold, then they would say ‘a deadline is a deadline’.

I doubt they want the bad rep they’d earn by doing it now after the noise that’s been generated. A month’s time? You’d hope not, but my confidence and faith in the EFL is about as low as it could get.

That's it then.

After yesterday's postponement of the MPs/EFL meeting, we all eagerly waited for a BIG announcement today - perhaps of the preferred bidder.

And all we get is one tweet from Nixon saying "it looks like another month".

Nothing else. No confirmation. All official lines are - as ever - quiet.

A little bit frustrating, eh?

Just now, IslandExile said:

That's it then.

After yesterday's postponement of the MPs/EFL meeting, we all eagerly waited for a BIG announcement today - perhaps of the preferred bidder.

It’s not that straightforward, I’m sure progress is being made behind the scenes. Keep the faith. 

Just now, IslandExile said:

That's it then.

I am confused, has a meeting taken place ?

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

The EFL's aim is to get out if this with minimal consequences on the EFL. That's why their favourite is "just settle with Boro and Wycombe"

Exactly this all about what's suits the EFL. If we settle everyone walks away happy, the news dies down and everyone forgets the EFL are generally terrible. It also gives them the PR boon of being able so "look we negotiated a deal between clubs and saved DCFC, we arnt biased at all, how could we be, we saved them" ?

1 minute ago, RammingStone66 said:

Exactly this all about what's suits the EFL. If we settle everyone walks away happy, the news dies down and everyone forgets the EFL are generally terrible. It also gives them the PR boon of being able so "look we negotiated a deal between clubs and saved DCFC, we arnt biased at all, how could we be, we saved them" ?

Or we did everything we could  we don't want to lose Derby but we have to maintain the integrity of the Football League that's why we appointed Peter Ridsdale to sort it out.

1 minute ago, IslandExile said:

That's it then.

Kinda lost the will to live really.  Check in daily waiting to see a big neon sign flashing "Preferred Bidder Announced" or similar......crawl away frustrated again. But like waiting to hit that perfect shot in golf or trying to catch that double figure carp you just know is lurking there, I come back for more.  I will hit that shot and catch that carp if not today, then tomorrow...... 

Sorry, I sound like Cantona now.