The Administration Thread

Boycie

13 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

My guess:

Quantuma will quickly announce Appleby as PB tomorrow to deflect from the sh1t storm heading their way.

Something will happen tomorrow, fixtures are out in less than a week now, I feel tomorrow holds some significance somehow, see who blinks first, Q or the EFL.

They should do, but I don't think they will as they seem to dragging this out.

Portsmouth fan here in peace. 

I'm guessing that some of you will have seen that we have previous with Andronikou involved as an administrator with us; and fair to say that those of our support who remember him hold him in utter contempt. 

I sincerely hope you manage to rid yourself of Morris' tenure and are able to move on properly from all this without him having any control over any of the assets your club needs to move forward.

Look after yourselves - and hopefully when we meet next season things will be on a bit more of an even keel for you.

1 hour ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Sorry but for a supposedly intelligent kid with a good career ahead of him you aren't half susceptible to fall for any old crap that backs up your opinion. 

Read the posts from sensible posters since this story came out, they can see straight through it. 

Going after me on the basis of something Mike f****** Ashley alleges, which hasn't even be proven, really? 

As I said all along, IF Quantuma have done anything it'll come out in the wash and they'll pay the consequences- this however is not 'the wash' it's another piece of grandstanding for idiots to fall for without question, alleged against an easy target for the personal gain of someone we all already know to be an unscrupulous b******. 

Get a grip. 

This is exactly what happens every single time. Certain posters, the “sensible ones” as you so put it, ignore any sort of bad news story because it’s not what they want to hear. Happened with Mel Morris, happened with Bin Zayed, and happened with Chris Kirchner. 

I’m not believing in “any old crap”, I’m basing my view on the facts in front of me - there’s literally nothing to back up your constant defence of Quantuma.

Look at the facts - we’ve been in administration for 9 months and we still haven’t found a buyer! Now I understand it’s not an easy process that’s been left by Mel but come on. There’s been shedloads of interest all the way through, and it took them until April to name a preferred bidder, despite multiple reports that they were set to name one before that point - but then mysteriously pulled out without explanation. And when they did name a preferred bidder, they named one without any clear wealth, who seemed a very shady character with only some rudimentary digging into him online. They allowed him to piss about for weeks despite missing multiple deadlines that they themselves set, pushing us perilously close to the brink. 

Virtually every journalist has criticised them, including the more reputable ones like John Percy. Multiple bidders coming out alleging poor communication, and now this Mike Ashley story. As much of a w***** as Ashley is generally, it’s not exactly an unbelievable read, based on how the process has been handled so far. He wouldn’t take them to the high court is he didn’t think he had a case, he’s not an idiot. 

Still believing Quantuma have done their job well enough is fingers in your ears stuff at this point. I know people who know people within the club - including some very high up - and believe you me their views of Quantuma are not positive.

1 hour ago, sage said:

On what evidence should they have stopped him?

He showed proof of funds, pasedthe fir and proper person test and give the highest bid re creditors 

This is exactly the problem, he showed “proof of funds” and yet evidently didn’t have them. That suggests to me the “proof” the EFL and Quantuma required was not good enough. Same for the fit and proper person test, we all know that’s a complete nonsense. I could make the highest bid, but if it’s Monopoly money, I shouldn’t be made preferred bidder. This has to be sorted out, for the next club in our position as much as anything else.

2 minutes ago, downsouth said:

I'm guessing that some of you will have seen that we have previous with Andronikou involved as an administrator with us; and fair to say that those of our support who remember him hold him in utter contempt. 

I sincerely hope you manage to rid yourself of Morris' tenure and are able to move on properly from all this without him having any control over any of the assets your club needs to move forward.

Look after yourselves - and hopefully when we meet next season things will be on a bit more of an even keel for you.

Thanks buddy we have fighting for our club back and I think we can get new owner or owners in and rooney get some funds and time we shall be fighting for league title.

I love your ground I have seen what admin did you guys what they fail to is the fans go through hell and back and sleepless nights worrying to death.

12 minutes ago, downsouth said:

Thank you mate. Hopefully it gets resolved soon. We all need to stand together as a footballing community at times to make sure our clubs aren't taken away from us fans. 

I can't imagine Derby with no Derby County or Portsmouth with no Portsmouth Football Club.

1 minute ago, B4ev6is said:

Thanks buddy we have fighting for our club back and I think we can get new owner or owners in and rooney get some funds and time we shall be fighting for league title.

I love your ground I have seen what admin did you guys what they fail to is the fans go through hell and back and sleepless nights worrying to death.

For me there are two important outcomes for DCFC here: the first is the obvious one - just making it through this crisis.  The second is to find a way out of this that means that whoever comes out of this administration owning you isn't just a puppet for the previous regime (i.e. you've at the very least got a clear route to owning your own stadium/training ground, etc.)

I've seen too many clubs either threatened or ruined by shysters masquerading as saviours in recent years; including my own club on a few occasions unfortunately.  Ultimately it's fans like you or me that go through the grief/anguish worrying about whether we'll have a club to support.  At that point it becomes less about who we support; and more about the fact we're supporters of clubs that support our communities.

Keep fighting and stay proud.

15 minutes ago, downsouth said:

For me there are two important outcomes for DCFC here: the first is the obvious one - just making it through this crisis.  The second is to find a way out of this that means that whoever comes out of this administration owning you isn't just a puppet for the previous regime (i.e. you've at the very least got a clear route to owning your own stadium/training ground, etc.)

I've seen too many clubs either threatened or ruined by shysters masquerading as saviours in recent years; including my own club on a few occasions unfortunately.  Ultimately it's fans like you or me that go through the grief/anguish worrying about whether we'll have a club to support.  At that point it becomes less about who we support; and more about the fact we're supporters of clubs that support our communities.

Well said !

10 minutes ago, downsouth said:

Dont worry while I am around derby will live and raise again efl soon learnt not back of derby fans we did a march in protest with efl over 10k strong when we say we are going to do something we do it

37 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

This is exactly what happens every single time. Certain posters, the “sensible ones” as you so put it, ignore any sort of bad news story because it’s not what they want to hear. Happened with Mel Morris, happened with Bin Zayed, and happened with Chris Kirchner. 

I’m not believing in “any old crap”, I’m basing my view on the facts in front of me - there’s literally nothing to back up your constant defence of Quantuma.

Look at the facts - we’ve been in administration for 9 months and we still haven’t found a buyer! Now I understand it’s not an easy process that’s been left by Mel but come on. There’s been shedloads of interest all the way through, and it took them until April to name a preferred bidder, despite multiple reports that they were set to name one before that point - but then mysteriously pulled out without explanation. And when they did name a preferred bidder, they named one without any clear wealth, who seemed a very shady character with only some rudimentary digging into him online. They allowed him to piss about for weeks despite missing multiple deadlines that they themselves set, pushing us perilously close to the brink. 

Virtually every journalist has criticised them, including the more reputable ones like John Percy. Multiple bidders coming out alleging poor communication, and now this Mike Ashley story. As much of a w***** as Ashley is generally, it’s not exactly an unbelievable read, based on how the process has been handled so far. He wouldn’t take them to the high court is he didn’t think he had a case, he’s not an idiot. 

Still believing Quantuma have done their job well enough is fingers in your ears stuff at this point. I know people who know people within the club - including some very high up - and believe you me their views of Quantuma are not positive.

You're not basing your view on facts, you're basing your view on opinions from people with sonething to gain and going along with popular opinion and confirmation bias. 

Your credibility was shot the when you blabber some BS about the Council having the stadium issue sorted months ago. 

The facts say  that 9 months in administration isnt particularly long, even in less complex situations. The interest you talk of is not a firm offer, so can't be acted on. 

They named a PB based on documents officially put forward and verified by a number of sources. Other bidders had not bothered to do this, and even if they had those figures were below the best offer on the table.

You constantly forget that administrators have legal rules to abide by. 

You clearly ignore just what the roadblocks were which lead to it dragging into April 

You clearly ignore the impact they had on things. 

I'm not defending Quantuma and see that there have been mistakes, however the idea that they're acting illegally to gain some money is really stupid when you consider just how much they have to lose. 

I'm reacting against the idiots who have decided that Q are the bad guys, those influenced by known bullshiters, not against those who are FAIRLY critical of them.

tbh I don't have the time to do into a full thing with you right now, these  are just rushed responses. 

Edited by Coconut's Beard

4 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

You're not basing your view on facts, you're basing your view on opinions from people with sonething to gain and going along with popular opinion and confirmation bias. 

Your credibility was shot the when you blabber some BS about the Council having the stadium issue sorted months ago. 

The facts say  that 9 months in administration isnt particularly long, even in less complex situations. The interest you talk of is not a firm offer, so can't be acted on. 

They named a PB based on documents officially put forward and verified by a number of sources. Other bidders had not bothered to do this, and even if they had those figures were below the best offer on the table.

You constantly forget that administrators have legal rules to abide by. 

I'm not defending Quantuma and see that there have been mistakes, however the idea that they're acting illegally to gain some money is really stupid when you consider just how much they have to lose. 

tbh I don'thave the time to do into a full thing with you right now

Come on guys stop this 

This is what they want fans at each other look derby county more important right now stop this.

We all want this freaking nightmare to end.

2 hours ago, jono said:

You lend money with or without security. Security is against assets of the company in the normal course of events.
I understand that, but as far as DCFC are concerned they must be an ordinary creditor because DCFChas no assets to offer as security. This might not be the case  from their perspective in that they are “secured”  because they have is a debenture on the stadium owned by mr Morris (not DCFC)  .. or have I misunderstood something ?

The entire MSD loan (£24m) has a personal guarantee from MM.

MSD has a fixed (specific) charge (security) against the stadium owned by MM's company. Goodwill or shares or any other tangible or intangible assets have nothing to do with the MSD charge or the loan. 

6 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

You're not basing your view on facts, you're basing your view on opinions from people with sonething to gain and going along with popular opinion and confirmation bias

I started off liking Q but as things unfolded suffered a nasty case of unconfirmation bias 

1 hour ago, Ram1988 said:

It is ridiculous beyond all belief is this offer isn't accepted

If true.  Does it contain stadium.

It should be noted we don't know what the process is this time.  Before, it was PBS this time they may not announce to prevent the same blow-back.  i.e. give the space to make the deal without us all putting the same blame on buyer.  Q might be allowing themselves to be shields in this.

5 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

I started off liking Q but as things unfolded suffered a nasty case of unconfirmation bias 

Earlier today you had a discussion with someone where you said that Gibson was always going to drag things out beyond the transfer window to discredit their point. 

Previously you've claimed that it was Qs fault things went this far as they had failed to deal with Gibson before the window was closed, it was oversight on their behalf.

The two positions don't mesh. Either Gibson could have been dealt with earlier or he couldn't?

Edited by Coconut's Beard