The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 minute ago, hintonsboots said:

So the Appleby led consortium placed a bid early yesterday which has been described as highly competitive ( whatever that means) . So what have Q been up to in the last 30 hours or so ? Trying to squeeze more out of the other interested parties I presume?

Maybe they're presenting the offer to the creditors for approval.

12 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

there is no rationale for your assertion anyone would've made an acceptable bid (we need acceptable, not credible)

If the bid was worthy, it would've been accepted. It's not, it's clearly not good enough.

But nobody wanted to make a proper bid anyway, before or after.

There is no deadline set for bids to be in by.

16 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

So the Appleby led consortium placed a bid early yesterday which has been described as highly competitive ( whatever that means) . So what have Q been up to in the last 30 hours or so ? Trying to squeeze more out of the other interested parties I presume?

Surely we need to accept this and move on and get planning for next season.

They just need a best and finals by a certain time somewhat soon, with a commitment to takeover a pretty much immediate exchange and completion. Or heck it, Charles Hanson has offered to auction - set the reserve price and go go go.  Live auction, pay to view, winner signs there and then. 

20 minutes ago, ram59 said:

I've just checked him out on 'Wiki', it's scary to think that someone like him could get anywhere near another club. If I was a Blues fan, I would be extremely worried atm.

This is where the EFL are letting down clubs and fans, they should be stopping these people from passing the fit and proper test.

To be honest, they shouldn't even need to be put through the F&PP test. One look and the EFL should respond with "you're having a laugh aren't you?" Although if it was to buy Derby, of course, they'd just say "sign here..."

43 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

there is no rationale for your assertion anyone would've made an acceptable bid (we need acceptable, not credible)

If the bid was worthy, it would've been accepted. It's not, it's clearly not good enough.

But nobody wanted to make a proper bid anyway, before or after.

There is a rationale to presume that 2 months wasted on a bid that went nowhere narrowed the window for an alternative acceptable bid to be given which contradicts your point... I don't need to prove that an acceptable bid was going to be tabled in that time frame to prove my point. You can't reasonably say that spending 2 months on a bid that disappeared from crypto boy didn't end up wasting our time, definitionally it did because it failed. It might be that it was reasonable to spend time with Kirchner but it did end up as time wasted. 

Edited by Leeds Ram

4 minutes ago, Oldben said:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/derby-county-revelation-emerges-on-alternative-bidders-following-chris-kirchners-withdrawal/

Some of Derby County’s latest bidders want to make a lower offer for the club than previous preferred bidder Chris Kirchner, according to a Patreon report from journalist Alan Nixon.

Shocking, the fantasy bid was worth more money!

It's almost as if he was made the preferred bidder because he was offering the most money.....