The Administration Thread

Boycie

12 minutes ago, I know nuffin said:

Correct unless he is doing something in the background and cannot say. Just have that feeling although it often lets me down

Just hope someone is doing something in the background. Actually got some work done yesterday so torn between wanting same today and wanting some news!

5 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Just hope someone is doing something in the background. Actually got some work done yesterday so torn between wanting same today and wanting some news!

Let's hope he isn't! Don't want him anywhere near the club and certainly don't want him delaying the process even further. We know how the story ends with Kirchner - he's done more or less the same thing three times now.  We've never been closer to liquidation, thanks to the time wasted with the Kirchner bid. I'd like to think Quantuma wouldn't even entertain a resurrected Kirchner bid given the outcome of the previous two but wouldn't want to rely on that. 

32 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Hiding?

Quite possibly Roy. Just like Morris when he filed for administration. Perhaps we have had a lucky escape. We couldn’t stomach any more evasiveness.

Just a note of caution for those who think a new owner can come in with a dollop of cash and buy the club like an item off ebay and run it from the get go.

It was reported that MA had 'bought Misguided' out of administration last week and I think most of us thought that this was a done deal and he was in charge - but BBC are reporting that the administrators are still running Misguided and that Frasers Group (MA's company) will take over the running of the company in August......minimum of 7 weeks after the deal. No idea why, obviously.

In the meantime misguided are running as per administration (the report is about punters getting no refunds).

We might have Quantuma and admin restrictions around for a little while longer even if we get a buyer this week - as I hope / expect.

41 minutes ago, Red Ram said:

Let's hope he isn't! Don't want him anywhere near the club and certainly don't want him delaying the process even further. We know how the story ends with Kirchner - he's done more or less the same thing three times now.  We've never been closer to liquidation, thanks to the time wasted with the Kirchner bid. I'd like to think Quantuma wouldn't even entertain a resurrected Kirchner bid given the outcome of the previous two but wouldn't want to rely on that. 

I didnt say i hoped Kirchner was doing something in the background. I said I hoped someone was doing something in the background meaning anybody as it is quiet

1 minute ago, Ian Buxton's Bat said:

Just a note of caution for those who think a new owner can come in with a dollop of cash and buy the club like an item off ebay and run it from the get go.

It was reported that MA had 'bought Misguided' out of administration last week and I think most of us thought that this was a done deal and he was in charge - but BBC are reporting that the administrators are still running Misguided and that Frasers Group (MA's company) will take over the running of the company in August......minimum of 7 weeks after the deal. No idea why, obviously.

In the meantime misguided are running as per administration (the report is about punters getting no refunds).

We might have Quantuma and admin restrictions around for a little while longer even if we get a buyer this week - as I hope / expect.

I suspect that will be the case, however with a more reputable buyer in place “pending all the processes and checks” (such as Ashley, Appleby or Morgan) the EFL should let us extend contracts and piece together a squad right? Given they’re so keen to protect the integrity of the competition as per their statement (?). So no splashing the cash immediately but perhaps a cash injection from the prospective buyer for running costs meaning some contract extensions, freebies and loans on sensible, sustainable terms, enough to steady the ship immediately and fulfil fixtures. Then get the takeover finalised and continue the rebuild sensibly through the next year or two. That’s my hope and how I think realistically it plays out.